Sneaky Sleeper /6 Build

-
Anyone ever to put a 225 crank in a 170?

I don't think that would work since the 170 is a low deck block and the 225 crank is obviously for the higher deck and with a way-too-long stroke (a whole inch).

The 225 crank and rods will go in the 198 making it a... 225. A 198 crank and 170 rods will fit the 170, but you have to grind the counterweights and probably some from the block at the bottom of the cylinders.

Anyone need a factory slant six wintage tray? I have one out of my Feather Duster

The slants are a little notorious for core shift in the casting. That may affect how far your block can be bored.

My ultimate /6 stealth mobile would have a FI turbo and an OD auto. It might sound like an Electrolux on speed, but I'll be so far ahead, you won't hear me laughing.

SlantSix.Org has the shopping list of what you'll need for the FI. There's plenty of guys who have done this before.

Live long and prosper.
I have not personally seen a slant with core shift to bad to bore to .105 over.
Frank

Right now it's got a Holley single barrel. As for picking a carb, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'll pick the best one for the engine, but I have to figure out exactly what direction I'm taking first.

I'm sort of groping in the dark because I have ZERO slant 6 experience and I wasn't totally aware of this platform's potential. I thought mid 14sec E/Ts were damned respectable, but now I'm hearing 11s and 12s?! Hot dang! That gives me a chubby!

I don't like the idea of a turbo, to be honest. I may end up in the clink for bashing the first clown who makes a ricer comment...

11-12 second E/Ts would be quite something out of a Slant 6 especially without forced induction. I'd say it's possible though with the right setup and a light vehicle such as that Valiant you have there.

If you guys keep talking this build up I may end up building the motor in the corner of the garage! Not sure what direction to go. So I'll just jump on here for palnning purposes.

Hello,

I have been asked to share some of My info here as well.

This is what I have Been working on for 2.5 Years now.

It's a total Piece of junk but got it into the 13.20's in the 1320'

THIS is a bit more streetable and Runs a Solid 14.70 All day. With an auto possibly 14.60 or .50 on a lighter car.

Transplant a build like this into your chassis for a nice sleeper.

Cheers, Good lick with your Project!

Greg

I have Been asked to share My builds here on this thread.

This is The '68 Valiant That i have been working on for 2 years now.

It is more of a racer than a sleeper. It ran 13.20's in the 1320' Last year with all steel body parts.

This Is My '69 Dart It will Run soliud 14.70's all Day all Stock body, interior totally steetable Build. Maybe as fast as 14.30's in a lighter car.

Cheers' and best of lick with your build!

Greg

4341b74265e5b109ba0aa0ce32c4d267.jpg

-
Back