Sniper efi

-

swedefish

Reaction score
Finally got the Sniper efi installed. First start up a couple of weeks ago.

Took it for a test drive last saturday.
The of idle bog is gone. Snappy throttle respons. Quite a difference from the 750 edelbrock carb. Can’t wait for the spring to arrive.

I have sniper on 499” in 67
GTS and Fitech on 318” in 67 GT and Sniper is lots better without touching it out of box where as Fitech has taken adjusting and still is not perfect, Joe

That TB is not unlike the modern units , only lacking the integrated MAP and TPS. If you MSx it, document your tune. A few of us could use the motivation.

Finally got the Sniper efi installed. First start up a couple of weeks ago.
Took it for a test drive last saturday.
The of idle bog is gone. Snappy throttle respons. Quite a difference from the 750 edelbrock carb. Can’t wait for the spring to arrive.
Hello swedefish,
Great news....
Just some things that you should keep in mind when first starting out with a Sniper.
Dont just run out and update the software / Firmware unless there is a problem. If you read the revision log (https://documents.holley.com/techlibrary_sniperefirevisionlog2.pdf)
There is not much gain to updating if you understand the changes that they made. Sometimes the process fails and then the ECU / handheld locks up and you cant upload it (ERROR 13 or 32). NOTE: Holley does not include the exact changes in the revision log but gives a layman's description.
I have several cars running just fine with the software that Holley loaded at the factory.
If running a PCV you should install a "Fixed oriface type" like the PCV1009. The PCV1183 has the plastic elbow to install on the PCV1009. This will help idle, cruise, and return to idle.
Don't go crazy trying to get the IAC at around 2 to 8 on the first try... Set it then drive the car and see where it reverts to at idle.... Keep doing this until you can get it to the desired setting... Do small turns on the idle screw then drive it... This process may take numerous times but in the long run it works...
Each time you drive the car you should start a datalogging session. This way if something goes array you have a snap shot of what the ECU was doing at the time... Its free info and helps in the long run for tuning... Best way is Turn key on, Screen boots up, Start Logger, Wait 10 seconds, Start engine then revert back to the monitor screen.
Back up the CONFIG file to the SD card regularly. This way you have a good file in case any thing happens.
Back up the SD card to your computer each time you save the config file also.
Refrain from transferring the learning to base until you have driven the car for a couple hundred miles.
Hope this helps.
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

Thanks guys. Was pretty much a straight forward install. Bought a Tancs Inc gas tank with an intank fuelpump. New 3/8” fuel line both feed and return. I shielded som of the wire harnesses that passed near the efi harness, used adhesive copper tape that were grounded at each end of the shield. I’ll post some more pics later.
Thanks for the advise Arron T. I’ll post some info on the pcv that’s mounted for the moment. I’ll start with to drive it for a 100-120 miles to begin with. Unfortunatly the season is about to end but hopefully there’ll be som more days without any snow.

In for more. My truck if full of everything to do the install, working on getting the o2 bungs (I'm doing each bank so I can switch or run my wideband on the opposite) I hope to get it all installed in this winter.

More pics.
Bought the Hyper spark with CDI and coil. Mounted the cdi box with an adapter bolted to the fender screw. All of the brackets are mounted to the body in existing holes.

79251F91-C2A9-472D-AFD1-0B27E0BB9AD0.jpeg

9C4D0BEF-A71F-4088-BC7A-81ACC11D8BA6.jpeg

5501D6ED-F6B5-40BC-AC97-853FA5F13E48.jpeg

15A94D0C-2217-4BFD-AA98-BB4F323414DF.jpeg

79D856C2-3C02-4BE7-9F35-9CE12EFAC96C.jpeg

629F12B4-F5E4-464D-A448-6E4F20DD3D86.jpeg

When you run exhaust will your fuel lines not be close to them?

When you run exhaust will your fuel lines not be close to them?
That has not crossed my mind. I’ll take a pic tomorrow. The exhaust runs close to the driveshaft, but I have to check with the muffler. Thanks.

They look pretty but I think you will have interference, better to find it out now before you get too far along, Joe

-
Back