Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Q5 - Turquoise

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • White

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
DO NOT ruin your bulge hood. Not only is it rare, but scooping it just looks WRONG. If you're set on the scoop, find another hood & put yours away.

I have a flat hood for a 67-69 that is a good candidate for a scoop....

Here's a quick mock up... hope it helps.

turq_zps1waulkmt.jpg

turq3_zpsa6fiuteu.jpg

turq2_zps681qehvl.jpg

I have to add that if you cut you may want to buy another hood. I saved my original hood and bought another to cut. Never regretted it, though it took a few weeks to grow on me. The Go Wing took longer. Sometimes even now I look at the wing and wonder if I like it or not.

Here's a quick mock up... hope it helps.

turq_zps1waulkmt.jpg

turq3_zpsa6fiuteu.jpg

turq2_zps681qehvl.jpg

Yes it does !! I might just have to go with the White seeing as it goes with the interior and the GTS Stripe ! I'll have to let the wife take a look and see what she thinks ! But these pics give a much better perspective !! Besides, it may help keep things a little cooler under there too, and of course help it Breathe !!

Cutting and installing that scoop on a GTS hood is not the way to go!!! On a regular flat hood yes and then flat black! GET A SEPARATE HOOD and swap out from time to time!!! But for the love of the almighty don't destroy that bulge hood!

Cutting and installing that scoop on a GTS hood is not the way to go!!! On a regular flat hood yes and then flat black! GET A SEPARATE HOOD and swap out from time to time!!! But for the love of the almighty don't destroy that bulge hood!

What he said. You might regret it later.

I guess it is his car and he can do what he wants but he did ask us for our opinion.....after seeing it in white, I think it looks awful :puke: but that's just my opinion....

Are you really planning on cutting that bulge hood for that scoop? I notice you are ignoring that question from many others. I mean, it is your car, but what if you want to go back to that style hood later? You can't BECAUSE YOU CUT A BIG *** HOLE in the hood you now have.

If you made up your mind about the hood I would just go with the body color for the scoop. It looks cleaner, the black and white stick out like a sore thumb on that hood/awesome car color.

Yes, I really am considering cutting a hole in this hood ! Although it is the factory one, so I understand the suggestion to buy another and cut it !! And yes I did ask for opinions, so no foul anywhere here !!
:thumbrig:

-
Back