Votes: 11 27.5%
  • White

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

6pakattack

Reaction score
OK, so I finally found me a Dual Snorkel Scoop at an awesome price, so I just couldn't say no ! Thanks to everyone with their other offers, but this one beat those even with shipping and is New too ! Anyway, now I'm in a pickle trying to decide what color it should be painted, Flat Black, Q5 - Turquoise (Body color) or White ( the interior and the GTS Stripe are White ! Open to all thoughts !

Attachments

• IMG_0574.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 391
I wouldn't normally agree with white for a hoodscoop (I like flat black myself) but I think in your case, with the turquoise and the white you already have, that would look good.

I was thinking the same thing ! My wife was leaning towards the Q5 Turquoise !

please dont tell me that your gonna run that thing on that bulge hood. i really hope that you have another hood, cause in my opinion that looks horrible

please dont tell me that your gonna run that thing on that bulge hood. i really hope that you have another hood, cause in my opinion that looks horrible

X2...I have to agree...not to mention you are wrecking a rare hood. I had a black snorkle scoop on my 69 Dart flat hood, car was B5 blue and I painted the scoop semi gloss black and it looked great

X2...I have to agree...not to mention you are wrecking a rare hood. I had a black snorkle scoop on my 69 Dart flat hood, car was B5 blue and I painted the scoop semi gloss black and it looked great

X3! Don't put a hole in that beautiful hood. The dual snorkel scoop would look like chit on that hood anyways.

Another vote from me to not cut up a rare hood like that........

Another vote to find a flat hood and color match it with a flat black scoop.

Flat hood with hemi scoop painted car. Don't cut up the bulge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 321
I wouldn't dream of tearing up that hood for that scoop. If you must have the scoop at least find a flat hood to ***** up or find a duster or demon to use it on

Find another hood and satin black it and that scoop, I agree, it just don't work for me becouse that is a great hood to begin with ..

I agree with the others,that scoop adds nothing. Your car looks beautiful as is.My old art teacher used to say sometimes the hardest part about creating something is to know when you're done and leave it alone.If you keep going you'll go too far and ruin it.

As they say it's your car do with it whatever you want . Just realize unlike here where you've asked for our opinions . On the street people will comment on it whether or not you want to hear it.

Flat hood with hemi scoop painted car. Don't cut up the bulge

I thought seriously about the HEMI SCOOP ! But I got this Snorkel one for a good price ! Plus the scoop will add some fresh air to the 6pak under there !!

I agree with the others,that scoop adds nothing. Your car looks beautiful as is.My old art teacher used to say sometimes the hardest part about creating something is to know when you're done and leave it alone.If you keep going you'll go too far and ruin it.

Sorry but I think you have the answer: No scoop! It just wasn't to the question you asked.

If you must, get a flat hood to mount the scoop on and paint the whole thing flat black. Set your original power bulge hood safely in the corner of your garage. That way it will be ready to put back onto your beautiful Dart after when you realize how much better the original looks compared to that that scoop setup (that should only take an hour or 2, a week at the most). Also, you will be able to sell the scoop deal and make your money back.

I wouldn't run that scoop at all. It looks like *** an that car. Just stick with the stock bulge hood.

If you just must run a scoop for whatever reason, get a flat hood with a hemi scoop. I know you said you got a "good deal" on that snorkel, but that doesn't mean you should trash out your car by using it.

If you got such a great deal on that scoop, its probally one of the garbage repops, and you would be crazy to ruin a bulge hood. It will look stupid on that hood anyway. JMHO

Yeah.......one more for no scoop. It is the wrong era for your car. In my opinion it would look too disco era for me....cars stopped performing so they bolted all kinds of **** on to make them look fast. Your car would ld look so good with a nice flat hood and 6 pack scoop to supply fresh air.

Don't cut the hood.

My 2 cents

But it is your car, do what you want.

Personally... I like that scoop on that style Dart (as you can see).. However I am in total agreement with the others and that I wouldnt cut up a bulged hood for that scoop.. To me any scoop on the bulged hood just doesnt look good.. too much going on...

On the flat hood... i am a fan of the what is mostly a Mopar staple which is flat (or matte) black hood and scoop... but if your going to have the hood body color, Id paint the scoop to match.. I would not paint it white.. just my .02

Attachments

• dart11.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 157
Many had the same idea.... Satin black / semigloss would also be a good choice.

vbpgimage.php

-
Back