Snow fluries in central Florida

-
Not sure we are gonna make it.

People are rushing to the stores buying all of the bread and milk. I could not find any chains anywhere for my slicks, not sure if they even make them that wide. People are practicing their winter driving skills on Interstate 4 by tailgating each other; making wild, sudden lane changes; and side-swiping construction barrels.

Theme parts were closed today due to bitter cold (I saw 48 degrees on the thermometer at work!).

Cold Weather Forces Closure of Orlando Theme Parks

Flurries have been reported in several cities ahead of the actual storm that is supposed to hit by the A.M. (???)

Orlando News, Weather, and Sports

Please... we need the government to send supplies ASAP. I heard it could hit 31 tomorrow night and surely our pipes will break and everything! Power will probably go out as everyone sets their thermostats at 82.

#Floridiots
#Nocommonsense
#Skyisfalling
I am in SC and watching people run to get gas, clear off food shelves for 3 inches of snow in 32 degrees. I am from NY and we used to call this winter. I realize they have no snow removal equipment but you would think a hurricane is coming.

image.jpg
On, no! Don't tell them to start fires. Very few homes have fireplaces so this will not end well. During the hurricanes many people run their generators in the garage and gas the entire family.
LMAO! I have a fire place with 2 convection (?) vents.
Almost ready to go.

Ya need mo wood!! and Moon Pies man! OK so I was raised in SW Ga. Tomorrow it will all be a bad memory, South Carolina snow that is!!!! Now, you folks in New England, May will bring Spring!!!!!
May? You're being an optimist. 18" of snow tomorrow in eastern Mass, that should be fun

Looking at the high 20s here in east central Florida tonight into tomorrow. the dog wont go out without his raincoat.
IMG_20140503_084114.jpg

Honestly if you guys want a true look into the insanity that the rest of us call Florida you have to look into a man named Tim Dorsey. He writes a series of books they're so true to the way people live their lives in Florida. I myself live there for four years after high school my son was born there. I have tons of family there and was there this summer. When I live there in the late 80s early 90s we had a snow storm on the beach. I lived in in northeastern most corner of Florida. I had or I should say my ex-wife and I had a two-bedroom place across the street from the beach on A1A. Back then for a place basically on the beach 2 bedroom 1 bath Cottage home was $285 a month LOL but that was good considering after four years on the golf course I had made up to $6.85 an hour. Another reason for leaving Florida. anyways you can look up in the early 90s where there was a snowstorm and literally the saltwater was lapping up onto the 6" of snow. I distinctly remember one of the sheriff's officers out in the parking lot of the local Kmart spinning cookies. Also distinctly remember driving to the store with my at the time older neighbor who had never seen snow before and was asking me how fast he should be going? I said how fast do you want to hit that telephone pole right there when you go out of control? He slowed down a bit. He never made a snowball in his entire life and I think he was about 35 or 36 at the time and I was about 21.
It's not good for Florida to freeze they have all of our oranges and stuff like that.

A cop spinning cookies? I thought cops were all about donuts!!

I’d like to say, I can’t “like”, “agree” and say “thanks” all at once.

Well, in the bulls eye of Long Island, vision is about an 1/16 of a mile. Wind has picked up pretty good. 10-15 mph. More drifting than anything. It seems like maybe 2 - 2-1/2 inches have fallen? Kind of hard to tell really. Wind out of the north. About 8 more hours to go.

The weatherman is Savannah this a.m. could not find anything to clean the ice off his windshield, finally found wide putty knife. ( must have been at a True-Value??), I feel for you all.

Just glad thsi latest cold went East, Tx. cries "uncle".....

Oh no!!!! Baby snow drift!!!
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! (LMAO!)
National weather said snow rate has increased to 3 inches an hour.
6 more hours to go... or so....

This really ain’t no thing. You just can’t be nonchalant about the matter. Get your milk and bread now!!! LOL!

image.jpg

Oh no!!!! Baby snow drift!!!
Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!! (LMAO!)
National weather said snow rate has increased to 3 inches an hour.
6 more hours to go... or so....

This really ain’t no thing. You just can’t be nonchalant about the matter. Get your milk and bread now!!! LOL!

View attachment 1715126957

Enjoy Rob. This storm pummeled southeast,va. A foot down here so far wih 50 mph wind gusts and snow still comin down. Love it. Fire goin & plenty of coors lite left so i am good.

B56609FC-2504-4D9F-A1E9-9F498D945B52.jpeg

Will do!
1 foot so far, has the weather passed yet? That is a significant amount for a town with zero snow removal capability.
I know the Canadians are probably chuckling at 1 foot, but when you almost NEVER get snow & your town has 1 plow at best, the town stands still until further notice!

Will do!
1 foot so far, has the weather passed yet? That is a significant amount for a town with zero snow removal capability.
I know the Canadians are probably chuckling at 1 foot, but when you almost NEVER get snow & your town has 1 plow at best, the town stands still until further notice!

Looks like on radar about another hr. or so of snow for us then just wind and cold.
This rascal really strenghtened quick.

I only giggle at everyones worry.
I Canadian but my location is near Detroit and it is hit and .mss for snow.

Now my significant other is from damn near the north pole. One hour can bring 3 feet of snow on a sunny day. Snow hangs out till about may/june and she has seen snow fly in July as a kid.
She moved south for me ..... (not really but it'
A good story)
Cold you ask? At night you can watch your piss freeze before it hits the ground.
Minus 45 degree Celsius (-49f) now add the windchill and I am cold thinking about it.

When they talk snow tires I pay attention because they seem to all run bfg all terrains up there. To me it says something since their roads are snow

down here, were so used to snow, the local electric plant runs its used (still warm) coolant water down underneath the city sidewalks

we got 6 inches yesterday, but those sidewalks are clear as a bell

Well, it’s over. 12-14 inches.
Not to bad.

20180105_082242.jpg
Be kind to your loader operator and he'll be kind d to you. A nice cleaned out spot when I ariver at 7a.

20180105_082242.jpg

-
Back