Snow strorm

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
There's a storm brewing all across the I 80 from Illinois into Ny.Im picking up in Erie pa Disney on Ice.8 to 12 inches is expected on my travels tomorrow to Milwaukie.What fun am I going to have!:banghead:

If you get that snow storm + the lake effect machine going, everything between Erie and Cleveland will be in really bad shape.

We're supposed to get 7-11" here in the Northern Detroit suburbs and worse to the south of us.

It just started that drizzling rain and will soon freeze on the south side of Chicago here about 23 minutes ago. They are predicting us to get 8" - 14" blowing snow by dinner time tomorrow.

It's coming at the Michigan and Detroit people in about half a day from me..... #-o

Get ready guys!!!! (Let's see if we get it all....) :cheers:

Lucky I just bought a new set of Goodyear tires for the son's Cherokee today!!! (Aggressive tread with kevlar reinforced sidewalls - argh, argh, argh......) :glasses7:

Yeah, I have to head for Storm Lake, IA tomorrow. Yeehaw.

I think you may get delayed....

If you have to pass by me (off of I-80), we are supposed to get a "bit" of snow as stated in my post above....

If you get stuck near Chicago, look me up. I'm not far off of exit 145 or 148 B on I-80 in IL..

It just started that drizzling rain and will soon freeze on the south side of Chicago here about 23 minutes ago. They are predicting us to get 8" - 14" blowing snow by dinner time tomorrow.

It's coming at the Michigan and Detroit people in about half a day from me..... #-o

Get ready guys!!!! (Let's see if we get it all....) :cheers:

Lucky I just bought a new set of Goodyear tires for the son's Cherokee today!!! (Aggressive tread with kevlar reinforced sidewalls - argh, argh, argh......) :glasses7:

Tractor is full of gas and enough wood brought in today for a weeks worth of heat. I am ready.

We are supposed to get 9-15 inches tomorrow. I'm 45min. south of I-80.

Only calling for about 3-6 inches down here. I'm about two and a half to three hours south of Chicago. Problem is, all the crazy people are already out driving like they've never even considered the concept of snow.

s w Mo. some light showers and light see a flurry tonight as cold front bows by. we are past due a big one. don't know how you guys handle that snow and cold? must be something?????? that keeps you guys up there????? LOL

We have about 6" here in NE Iowa with more to come. It's supposed to get windy and blow it around this afternoon.

I think you may get delayed....

If you have to pass by me (off of I-80), we are supposed to get a "bit" of snow as stated in my post above....

If you get stuck near Chicago, look me up. I'm not far off of exit 145 or 148 B on I-80 in IL..

Well, the way the radar is looking, I may just sit right here. It ain't lookin' good.

I think it's a fools errand to try and drive from here to Storm Lake, if I can delay it a day.

They closed I-80 in both directions this afternoon around 2 PM. I'm not sure where, but I hope Bruce delayed his trip. :wack:

We got lots of snow. I already blew my driveway 4 times and burned over 1 gallon of gas doing it. Now I have to mix another batch.... :banghead:

But man is it pretty..... :D

They closed I-80 in both directions this afternoon around 2 PM. I'm not sure where, but I hope Bruce delayed his trip. :wack:

We got lots of snow. I already blew my driveway 4 times and burned over 1 gallon of gas doing it. Now I have to mix another batch.... :banghead:

But man is it pretty..... :D

I sure did, I wasn't moving, lol. Instead I had to dig out the plow, get it on the truck and plow snow, we've had about 12" here so far, and it's supposed to continue all night.

Already took 7" off my driveway and have gotten 2 more since. Thinking we might hit 12-14" total.

6 inches near council bluffs. But the drifts are 4 feet tall in places. I got my subaru stuck on a dirt road. Had to pull it out with my trusty 5.2 dodge 4x4. ;):prayer:

Calling for 8"-12" here in upstate NY.

We'll see. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how much we actually get.

Karli had to work and hunkered down at her grandmother's place with Cyrus. I had to get a ride home because the van's shift tube broke today.

Most snow we had all winter is hitting here right now, probably bout 6-7". I took a pic and sent it to Lori....she asked if I was going to shovel it...WTH?? Why?? I got the work truck and its 4wd.
Be safe all.

We only ended up with a couple of inches, but then it started raining this afternoon so it all turned to slush. This evening the temperature bottomed out and it's now snowing. So we're getting a fresh coat of snow on top of ice. Yay. Hope you all are keeping safe out there.

-
Back