Snowcrow's 76 dodge dart

-
Unless you are going to sand the floor pan down to 100% CLEAN metal, I would use Rust-Oleum Rust Reformer which is a chemical that converts rust to a paintable surface. I would also paint it, even if you use Rustoleum.

ive been lookin at that stuff. does it literally turn rust into something savable? like i dont have to sand? or sand as much?

did some reading on it and it says it instantly converts rust into a non-rusting surface. does this mean itll damage my non-rusting metal? cause it still has factory paint on it.

You'll need to sand the rust down to remove the heavy stuff. The rust remover will not damage your paint on the floor - but your rust problem will. Again, you should paint the floor afterward.

only thing to report on today was that for two days i couldn't figure out why my car wouldn't start. sooo i went tinkering and found my ground strap to be loose. started right up. i LOVE my dodge dart.

found out the three holes on the side of the hood hinges are full of pine leaves. guessing that is what is causing my dash to leak inside and on the sides. having a few electrical problems and a pretty bad oil leak on the left side. thinkin its cause of the valve cover gasket but im not totally sure. also need to check my plugs cause im getting a bad fuel to air ratio. could be plugs, dist or carb idk kinda guessing.
0602121333.jpg

000_0001.jpg

its just the white stripes putting off that illusion unfortunately. i might be getting some wheel spacers from a distant cousin for my back wheels that do 1/4 space. it'll even the width out hopefully.

my 318 out of a 94 jeep i got for free. it'll be a couple years till i put it in the dart :(
1004121629.jpg

I know that feeling, mine sat on an engine stand for almost two years before I got to run it. It was torture to see it every day and know it was ready to go.

I know that feeling, mine sat on an engine stand for almost two years before I got to run it. It was torture to see it every day and know it was ready to go.

you have a sick dart yourself, my motor will FOR SURE sit around for a couple years but im ok with that.

only update i have right now is that the door catch on the driver side fell off cause of previous owner crappy welding. got it welded back on best it could be for free and now my door is off a tiny bit but fits snug.

Newest update, bought 1/4 inch wheel spacers for the rear, going to order my horn kit for my custom grant gt steering wheel and in a week or two ill be buying new vinyl for my seats to redo them.

New update, broke my grill :/ and still haven't touched the 318 in my garage. Good news though is I fixed my wiper setup so I have both wipers working and fixed my defrost hoses. Gonna have alot of rust repair to do after cause of the Utah winter/salted roads. Car still looks damn good though :)

-
Back