So am I dealing w an *** clown or what?

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Local mopar engine, tranny, and rear end guy. Was going to have him do a set of X heads because he is supposed to be pretty good. When I asked him about hardened exhaust seat he said they are a waste of time and will not stay seated in the heads. So I moved on to flow #s because I was going to get some port work done as well, he actually got angry and said that flow #s are not that important and flowing the heads are a waste of time and money. After our conversation Im thinking mabe I should find someone different.

You did not leave your stuff there, did you??
Hell no! I was kind of disgusted that he was getting angry and getting snappy with me for asking flow # questions. Kinda like I was bothering him. I was just inquiring to try and make sure they were going to be done rite. Very piss poor customer service. I'm looking for someone trust worthy to do them rite if anyone has any good recommendations. Thanks for your input. I guess were all on the same page.

WOW that was one hell of a sales pitch!

Well he is correct on the hardened valve seats, if they are not done correctly they will not stay seated in the head, and he is also correct about flow numbers, if nothing else is done properly the flow numbers are not important on an engine that won't run anyway

I have to give this guy a high five, most places will just take your money and f%$k your **** up
at least this guy gives you fair warning first

must be a chevy clown....

He specializes in mopar running gear and races a 6 sec. 340 areo in the 1/8th. Im thinking he may just be stuck in the 70s. Same guy that told me once a forged 340 crank has been turned more then .010/.010 it is junk.

Had second thoughts on this. Did he ask about your build? Porting and flow numbers arent very important on a mild street cam build as the performance gains are minimal for dollars spent.Seats,another story. Hardened arent nessasary unless you are gonna put on a lot of miles with pump gas. Maybe he was just trying to save you a few bucks. Did you tell him you were on a tight budget maybe?.

Wow, very surprised by his response. I know several people who have had work done there and are very satisfied. He is definetly a Mopar guy and his wife drives one of the fastest Mopars around.

+1! Move on. This is just based on the customer service and attitude side of it. He may do excellent work but he sounds real difficult to deal with.

Hell no! I was kind of disgusted that he was getting angry and getting snappy with me for asking flow # questions. Kinda like I was bothering him. I was just inquiring to try and make sure they were going to be done rite. Very piss poor customer service. I'm looking for someone trust worthy to do them rite if anyone has any good recommendations. Thanks for your input. I guess were all on the same page.
Just walk away.....

Wow, very surprised by his response. I know several people who have had work done there and are very satisfied. He is definetly a Mopar guy and his wife drives one of the fastest Mopars around.

I heard alot of good things, but not impressed w his attitude.

If you are here...there is a doubt. Trust your common sense and find yourself someone with an established reputation.

Run! Forrest Run!

Had second thoughts on this. Did he ask about your build? Porting and flow numbers arent very important on a mild street cam build as the performance gains are minimal for dollars spent.Seats,another story. Hardened arent nessasary unless you are gonna put on a lot of miles with pump gas. Maybe he was just trying to save you a few bucks. Did you tell him you were on a tight budget maybe?.

I told him they were going on a 340 that would be around 10.2:1 forged crank and pistons. mechanical cam (.550 lift) going in a 4 gear swinger w 3:91s. Street strip car that will be running pump gas (91) my goal is mid to high 7s in the 1/8th. Thats why I was thinking flow #s may be important. No real budget, was looking for a price to get the work done. Im thinking if someone is in the business of doing heads, they should not get angry when you ask what they will flow once they are ported. JMO

He specializes in mopar running gear and races a 6 sec. 340 areo in the 1/8th. Im thinking he may just be stuck in the 70s. Same guy that told me once a forged 340 crank has been turned more then .010/.010 it is junk.

Well, maybe in HIS world it is.....a really high RPM~hi-perf application. Just for the helluvit, I'm wondering if maybe he sized up your intended use of the car and figured you wouldn't need flowed heads or hardened seats for low number of miles you are probably going to drive the car. The part about the seats falling out and the anger right there, I'd walk. Sometimes these guys will tend to "talk down" to the average rodder off the street, which pisses me off. I went to a machine shop out in Riverside that did that.....talked to me like I was a friggin' chick or something.

My feelings?.......Eff that, bye, don't need ya....there's many more who would bend over backwards for my money. They can keep their "know-it-all" attitude.

With an attitude like that,he wont be around much longer.His business will not survive..

-
Back