So does eBay allow sellers to rescind paid/completed transactions w/out consequences?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
So if a-seller sells an item on eBay, if the seller gets into a disagreement, they CAN refund the-buyer's electronic payment back to a Paypal account (I don't have a Paypal CREDIT-account<-which are sponsored by another bank) BEFORE the buyer opens a case against them. :banghead:

Say shipping charges are more than the seller listed. :eek:ops:
Say the seller did not get the amount of money they wanted for their auction.
:snakeman:
Simply refund the money! :violent1:

The seller :snorting:can now get out of buyer-completed business transaction scott-free!

Buyers cannot open (refute) a "item-not-received case" until after the expected delivery date. So if the estimated delivery "varies*" (or varies over time, say for example: 27 June to 7 July- enough time to refund the consumer's money), consumers are out of luck.:axe:

Ebay claims the buyer's only recourse is to "leave negative feedback" -where enough negative feedback will cause eBay to manipulate the seller's account.

God forbid you don't pay somebody for an item and eBay freezes your Paypal and eBay account! :protest::evil:

I thought that the point of eBay was to sell/buy/middle-man-make-money and ENFORCE business transactions.

gripe-rant/trust now just simmering:cussing:

I don't think that's true? Don't you have to pay auction fees? I'm not sure you can get out of neg feedback from a PO'd buyer who was under the impression he had "bought something."

you have to go to resolutions.somtimes its better to contact the buyer and have him notify ebay,unless like del said they left negative feedback...

I have near double digits in dialogue with the other person.

After web based resolutions, I invested over 2 hours with multiple calls to customer service.
He simply decided that the first two (payment complete for 9 days) transactions did not bring him enough money, so he raised the shipping of the third auction for a $5 dollar ashtray to just under $75 for shipping from Maine (to make up profit) -eBay really didn't seem to concerned about the shipping hike. One of the other items, an M-body 4-gauge cluster, was similar in size and shipped for about $15.

75 bucks to ship an ashtray? But you don't smoke. lol

Ebay is an absolute pain in the arse to deal with!! I spent an unbelievable amt of time trying to find their ph# to speak to resolutions....had a seller try to jack up the shipping charges to make more $$. I backed out, never paid, they froze my ebay acct. I had to try and track the pricks down to straighten it out. It did eventually... Hope you get yours resolved!

i just google'd 1-866-540-3229

The first customer representative explained things to me.
She also was so ignorant that she attempted to explain mundane things to me like how to leave feedback. Where do they get these people-

The second rep was east indian, named 'kyle' (the wife thought i was rude when i said "yeah right") his english was pretty damn good, and he told me that he put a claim in the system with all my my messages

-so another secret i figured out about these call centers is that they don't let you talk to their supervisors when you do not get resolution, but if you tell the rep that you want to tell their supervisor what a helpful rep they were-the supervisor answers the phone -neat trick

-
Back