So I looked at a new Challenger yesterday...

-
My wife and I drove to the dealership that laughed us off the lot the other night today, the sales manager meet me at the door, quickly saw what I was driving and looked a little angry and stormed off. I waited for a minute for the sales person, he approched me assuming I was back to buy a Challenger from him, I pointed out my car with the wife waving at him, informed him 2hrs after I left the other night I had the car for MSRP, plus tax title and tags. He looked like a deer in the headlights, I patted him on the shoulder laughed and got in my Challenger and left. Sorry no pics of the looks on there faces, just the good old feeling that maybe theres a small chance that they will rethink this sales approch in the future. Oh by the way the dealership is in Louisville Ky and its the biggest Dodge dealer in the area and has a bad reputation of the way they treat their customers!

Keep it!

For that money i'll go buy an original one, which i'd prefer anyway. I once owned a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang and i almost bought a 2004 Mach 1. It was steal at $17,000.00, fun to drive and all, but still was missing alot of the feel of what made the 1969 the original and best. No the 1969 didn't have great brakes or A/C but it had a style,looks, flair, nostalgia and feel a new one cannot compare too.

Nothing like slapping them in the belly with a wet fist. Having been in the business and having been unwilling to treat a guest badly (despite what management may have wanted) I'm glad to hear you did just that.

Congrats!

and I saw 3 Orange ones at the Dallas show today (sorry, left the camera in the other car). I was also told that some dealership in Dallas has already had TWO '09s on the lot. Oddly, they were both V6 cars

Our little dealership has had one, triple black. I stopped to look at it. Not only did it have an increase over the MSRP, it had "DO NOT TOUCH" flyers taped to the windows. It sold, I believe for the above asking price. When it was determined that the Challenger in fact would be built, I was "in-line" to get the second one. I just needed a $1500 deposit to hold it for two years, but I knew I wouldn't be able to afford it when it came out. I'm now hoping to pick up a V-6 one in a year or two. With a MSPR of $21,000, the V-6 ones will be $13-15 K by 2011, just like the V-6 Stangs are.

So, if MSRP would say be 21K for the v6 Chally then the actually price we would pay, could end up at lets say 10K higher?
BTW, what does MSRP stand for.

My wife and I drove to the dealership that laughed us off the lot the other night today, the sales manager meet me at the door, quickly saw what I was driving and looked a little angry and stormed off. I waited for a minute for the sales person, he approched me assuming I was back to buy a Challenger from him, I pointed out my car with the wife waving at him, informed him 2hrs after I left the other night I had the car for MSRP, plus tax title and tags. He looked like a deer in the headlights, I patted him on the shoulder laughed and got in my Challenger and left. Sorry no pics of the looks on there faces, just the good old feeling that maybe theres a small chance that they will rethink this sales approch in the future. Oh by the way the dealership is in Louisville Ky and its the biggest Dodge dealer in the area and has a bad reputation of the way they treat their customers!

Good job! :cheers:

Our little dealership has had one, triple black. I stopped to look at it. Not only did it have an increase over the MSRP, it had "DO NOT TOUCH" flyers taped to the windows. It sold, I believe for the above asking price. When it was determined that the Challenger in fact would be built, I was "in-line" to get the second one. I just needed a $1500 deposit to hold it for two years, but I knew I wouldn't be able to afford it when it came out. I'm now hoping to pick up a V-6 one in a year or two. With a MSPR of $21,000, the V-6 ones will be $13-15 K by 2011, just like the V-6 Stangs are.

V6 Challenger!!! ............. WHY???

So, if MSRP would say be 21K for the v6 Chally then the actually price we would pay, could end up at lets say 10K higher?
BTW, what does MSRP stand for.

Market Suggested Retail Price
or
Manufacture Suggested Retail Price something like that :-D

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price :-D

Having been in the business I can say the INVOICE price (if it's in line with the other LX cars) will only be about $2000 less than the M.S.R.P.

So the best way to buy one is if you work for, or have a relative that works for some place that gets it's employees P.P. pricing. This will be a couple of % less than INVOICE, PLUS any incentives (rebates)

They HAVE TO sell to you at the P.P. price if you have a control number....assuming they want to sell. And if a dealership REFUSED to sell, I'd be on the phone to the Zone Rep and be on their ***.

Just saw a silver 09 3.5 V6 Challenger at our local dealership this morning. It was silver & really looked like the srt's except for the wheels & tires. Sweet looking & sticker was 21,850. The 3.5 is a strong V6 that can probably get you 7.5 sec. 0-60 times & maybe mid. 15 sec. 1/4 mile & mileage on the sticker was 18 city & 25 highway. I think the V6 ones are a great deal.

Oldschoolcuda

The only problem with the v6 one is that they are only autos. I know some people prefer that but in my opinion why?

Ya Id like to have a original 70 Challenger with a hemi but I was born 9 years after they were made a little late in the game when I became age to afford to buy a car or even drive to go out and find a 70 E-bodie. Even if I wanted to take a e-bodie put a hemi into it and make it a good driver (Pro Turing car) have it all fixed up, it would still cost me more than the sticker of the new Challenger. So we can all say that we like the originals better, well who dosent but for some of us we have to settle for the newer version. On a diffrent note I wouldn't trade my Duster I got 13 yrs ago for a new Challenger, but that is a diffrent story, somtimes you just can't replace somthing of your past no matter what.

These cars are sitting on dealer lots here in the Mid_Atlantic, not selling.
Too much money, horrible fuel economy (13 MPG) at $4/gallon and the car is way too bulky and overweight, compared to the original.

IN 6 months these cars will be selling for substantial discounts, book it!

A buddy has one and says he loves it, gets 22 mpg and paid $500 under list. The 1st week installed Cragers and hood pins, removed the hood stripe. Has over 3,000 miles on it.

All the cars were to have been sold, most the dealers must have either made a deal to buy them for themself or faked deals so chrysler thought they were sold. I would like to see laws against dealers being able to mark up the vehicles for more than MSRP without adding value to them.

The car manufactures target a group of people to buy their cars. Then the dealers add these rediculous market adjustments and price it out of the targeted buyer. Then the car gets bad rap because it does not sell well. SELL IT FOR the suggested MSRP and see if there is as much bad press and feelings. The dealers make money on their cars, but they are just croooks when the put a Market Adjustment on them.

I bought my Prowler in July of 98 and paid list price. The dealer told me if Chrysler would honor the greenslip (employee pricing) he would sell it for that, if not he would sell it to me for list price. I feel I got a good deal since one got sold 3 weeks before i got mine for $70,000 and many paid $50,000 +
Everyone thought my car was a 75~100K because of dealer Market Adjustment

-
Back