So I looked at a new Challenger yesterday...

-

Useless

Reaction score
I was out with my father and we saw one at a local Dodge dealership, we saw it out driving around a few weeks back and he was really interested in checking them out, my dad is a diehard Ford guy and I've been trying to talk him into getting rid of this Fusion he bought and hates and get something he likes.

The car was an orange SRT8, MSRP was a little over $40k, but after "adjusted market value" aka. dealer markup it was nearly $74K!!!!!

What a great idea! Get one for the price of two! Man I hate these places, I thought the 5-6k markup on the Mustangs was bad, sheesh.

I stopped and looked at one last week. $41,000 sticker,but salesman said $50,000 would buy it. Not for me. I reminded him of the Silv. Anv. vettes,and again the 84's when they first came out,bringing way over window sticker. 6 months later,they were on carlots all over for anyone who wanted one. I won't give sticker price,much less more.

The one I seen at the car show yesterday was sold for $10,000 over sticker price, pretty lame!!!

The one I seen at the car show yesterday was sold for $10,000 over sticker price, pretty lame!!!

These cars are sitting on dealer lots here in the Mid_Atlantic, not selling.
Too much money, horrible fuel economy (13 MPG) at $4/gallon and the car is way too bulky and overweight, compared to the original.

IN 6 months these cars will be selling for substantial discounts, book it!

werent they supposed to have 1 per dealer ship but there are more dealer ships than 08 challengers produced? Useless, is that your name on scale auto?

There are a list of good dealers o nthe challenger talk board that sell the cars at MSRP or a few $$ more. They will drop very soon, 09s are o nthe way.

Agree any over MSRP is not worth it. I orderd an 09 SRT8 with a spd loadetc for $1600 under MSRP.

Will have in Oct Nov.

One in Springfield at $41,000 so i had the wife email em and tell em we'd give our 06 R/T Charger (nice car,lady driven,non smoker,22,000 miles)and $10,000 and see what they say. This is Sunday and haven't heard back but we will tomorrow. I'll let ya know. I may give more but that will get em to thinking. I'll keep ya posted.

"adjusted market value" aka. dealer markup it was nearly $74K!!!!!

That is just plain BS!!! Used to be illegal and still should be! Hope it SITS there!

One out of the two Challengers at the car show yesterday one guy paid over MSRP for it. My buddy who owns the other didn't.

An '06 R/T is gonna be worth about 20-25 grand tops. If you can get the Challenger for that car and 10 you better jump on it

looked at one Friday night and it had an extra sticker which said MARKET ADJUSTED PRICE ADD $15,000

It's ok. As others have already said, the 09's will be on the ground soon. Then the asshole dealerships trying to gouge the public will be stuck with the 08s and then anyone who wants one can pick it up for less than MSRP

That is just plain BS!!! Used to be illegal and still should be! Hope it SITS there!

their intention is for it to sit there. Right now, the dealerships are making more in foot traffic than by selling the car at market value, so they increase the price almost twofold and it sits for people to stare at while they think about buying the 'affordable' Charger R/T or SRT8.

Plymouth did the same thing in the 70s with the Superbird. Read the bottom paragraphs:

birdad2.jpg

Nice dealer promo Sharpie. My cousin owns a medium sized Chrysler dealership in Vancouver, BC, Canada. He said he can't get one the Challengers until next year, he's too far down the food chain. I think he just wants one to draw people in. He has other vintage cars just for that purpose.

I remember 4 thousand was way too much for me in 1970, but ended-up having great times in my '70 Challenger. All that changes is the price of our toys. Hey, maybe I could..................................:burnout:

I just got my 08, paid $106.00 Under sticker...thanks to Carmax.

Great car! It's fast and handles so nice.

A few months ago, they were around $60k in my area. Now they're down to around $46k. It looks like the market is starting to adjust downwards. I'm a patient man. I'll wait another year or 2.

werent they supposed to have 1 per dealer ship but there are more dealer ships than 08 challengers produced? Useless, is that your name on scale auto?

Yup, you found me, cool to see another SAE face around here even though I haven't posted much in either place much lately. I finally got that T/A finished though!

I just bought a new Chanllenger, Black without the Sunroof and Navigation. The first dealer I went to had 6 all 10,000 "Fair Market Value" above msrp. I told the dealer what I was willing to pay, MSRP plus Tax, Title and what not out the door. He and his manager laughed us off the lot and said if I could find one at that price to drive it to them and let them see it. 2hrs later across town I picked up what I wanted MSRP plus Tax, Title and Tags after some seriouse negotiation. My wife and I are going to take them up on there offer and drive our new Challenger on the lot and let them see they lost a sale. You can still get a Challenger at MSRP, and I got free oil changes for life! If any one is intrested in them, do your research what they paid for them, the number of cars in the area available, and what they will make on your deal and dont give in one bit.

I work at a subie dealership and I let the salesmen know it, they offered to give my dad msrp + any incentives, course this is on a '09 r/t clasic pack track pack.

I just bought a new Chanllenger, Black without the Sunroof and Navigation. The first dealer I went to had 6 all 10,000 "Fair Market Value" above msrp. I told the dealer what I was willing to pay, MSRP plus Tax, Title and what not out the door. He and his manager laughed us off the lot and said if I could find one at that price to drive it to them and let them see it. 2hrs later across town I picked up what I wanted MSRP plus Tax, Title and Tags after some seriouse negotiation. My wife and I are going to take them up on there offer and drive our new Challenger on the lot and let them see they lost a sale. You can still get a Challenger at MSRP, and I got free oil changes for life! If any one is intrested in them, do your research what they paid for them, the number of cars in the area available, and what they will make on your deal and dont give in one bit.

Take some pics because I want to see the look on their faces.

-
Back