So I sold it, now buying it back. 64 Valiant

-

cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
Reaction score
It is the car that brought me to forabodiesonly and I sold it to one of my sons friends who I thought was all excited to own an old car. He kept it a while but ran into a custody battle and had to sell. The current owner went to great effort to totally destroy her but she is a survivor. Burnt valves I think and needs some general maintenance but I think I can fix her back up. I still have the original 170 that is rebuildable. I will post pics when I get her home again.

Congrats! I have a decent running 6 in a 67 valiant if you need 1.

When I sell a firearm or some other item of value to me, I always tell the other person that the only condition on the sale is if they want to sell it, I get right of first refusal.

Sounds like you have quite a project in front of you

When I sell a firearm or some other item of value to me, I always tell the other person that the only condition on the sale is if they want to sell it, I get right of first refusal.

Sounds like you have quite a project in front of you

Yeah, we tried that on my brother's V8 65 Ranchero, sold to family even....didn't work so well...

I just don't sell anything.

Must be a 64 Valiant thing. I let my dad use mine for a few years and got it given back to me later. I found a guy in town that had a 64 Valiant (with a visor!) that he sold and found again later and bought back. They're like bad pennies. They keep turning back up! ;)

well, I didn't do it. How a car could be treated so badly in such a short time is a mystery to me.

every interior part and panel now has rips , broken ignition switch, cigaret lighter missing again. It took me months to find the cig lighter the last time.

Under the hood was a mess too. Dipstick dry,battery hold down gone, master cylinder cap taped on because they lost the bolt, of course all the paint behind the master cylinder eaten away.

Some people are like that. Not everyone can give it the attention that you can. I had a girlfriend like that. The only thing she knew was where to put the gas and put it in drive. Everytime I got into the car it looked like a trash can and she got the can.

Must be a 64 Valiant thing. I let my dad use mine for a few years and got it given back to me later. I found a guy in town that had a 64 Valiant (with a visor!) that he sold and found again later and bought back. They're like bad pennies. They keep turning back up! ;)

64 with a visor?! Do you have pics?

Congrats on getting the car back! Wish I could. The last person to have the one that got me hooked totaled it. :_(

well, I didn't do it. How a car could be treated so badly in such a short time is a mystery to me.

every interior part and panel now has rips , broken ignition switch, cigaret lighter missing again. It took me months to find the cig lighter the last time.

Under the hood was a mess too. Dipstick dry,battery hold down gone, master cylinder cap taped on because they lost the bolt, of course all the paint behind the master cylinder eaten away.

Congrats on getting the car back! Wish I could. The last person to have the one that got me hooked totaled it. :_(

Looks like he did not take it....

-
Back