So my husband bet me a $1,000 ...

-

flynlady

Reaction score
that I couldn't take off the front wheels without putting the car on the ground. I probably would have laughed it off, but he made the mistake of posting it on FaceBook .... so it was ON!!

Last night after we had done a few things on the Valiant, I continued to clean and sand away as the sun went down. He FINALLY went inside and left me alone to figure out how I was going to make him eat his words AND pay up. I NEED a new convertible top and I want it NOW!

Under the front tire, I wedged the hydraulic jack and behind the jack 2 tires, kind of in a line, against a cabinet in our garage. I sprayed down the lug nuts with WD40, found a socket that fit and gave it my all. NOTHING!! I remembered husband had a steel pipe that he put over a wrench when he had a tough one to break and tried again. To my amazement ... it WORKED!! I got the wheel off and was just posting a picture of my work on FaceBook just about the time that husband was coming out to see what I was up to.

He SERIOUSLY didn't believe that I had done it! My response: "What, the tire change fairy came and did it?" "I called AAA and they came and changed it for me?" "No, I jacked the car up, removed the jacks, lowered it, changed the tire and got it all back together?" So I showed him! He admitted today that he was actually impressed that I had done it ... that I had improvised and overcame.

What DOES crow taste like?

So far, I have a new air breather, new center cap for my old Cragars that was missing, a new pin-up dress AND should have my NEW convertible top next month.

Silly man, he should know by now to NEVER tell this REDHEAD she CAN'T do something!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE BEMA MEMBERS ... GIVE HIM HELL!!!!!

You go girl...lol
Now tackle that fresh air box... 3 nuts...3/8"
Just limber up before hand....

Good job, if you were older I would say the following would apply "Old age and treachery will beat youth and enthusiasm every day".

Well done, I think more ladies should apply themselves to the task, of car repair. But not all of them of course as I still want to rescue the occassional damsel in distress. LOL. Great job and 3 cheers.

Hahahaha . I've eaten my share of crow before . It could definitely use some salt and ketchup .

I have found that crow tastes best when someone else is eating it! Good job and don't forget to rub it in on a regular basis!

My wife is always putting WD 40 on my nuts.
oh um nope I'm wrong that was baby oil. :eek:ops:

Kenny

On a second date with a girl, she crawled under my car and helped me put the exhaust on the car. I knew I had a winner. I asked her to marry me six weeks from the time we met...27 years later, all is strong.

Life is good..

Never make a bet that you are not willing to follow through on..

good goin', flynlady :)

Wow smart, good looking and works on Mopars. Your husband hit the trifecta lol.

On a second date with a girl, she crawled under my car and helped me put the exhaust on the car. I knew I had a winner. I asked her to marry me six weeks from the time we met...27 years later, all is strong.

Life is good..

Never make a bet that you are not willing to follow through on..

good goin', flynlady :)

Love this! Does she still crawl underneath the car with you?

I've never told my wife she couldn't do something. I knew better. I saw what happened when someone else did. She was in pain for about 3 days, but she got it done!

I've never told my wife she couldn't do something. I knew better. I saw what happened when someone else did. She was in pain for about 3 days, but she got it done!

LOL! I did told him ... "You realize I will NEVER let you forget this?" He agreed and took it like a man!

-
Back