So, the finance company has the title,

-
Did you talk to this guy and that is what he told you? Finance company has the title? Did he say what he owes to the finance company to obtain the title? Kinda odd that it would be financed being that it is 12 years old......

No it just pisses me off when people magically "don't have titles" and expect ME to believe some bullcrap story about why they don't. I'm 65, and I've known from about 14 that the only proper legal way "to sell a vehicle" is to have the clear title IN HAND

No it just pisses me off when people magically "don't have titles" and expect ME to believe some bullcrap story about why they don't. I'm 65, and I've known from about 14 that the only proper legal way "to sell a vehicle" is to have the clear title IN HAND

Xs2.....there should never be any excuses ....either you have the title or you dont.....translation: either you it belongs to you or it dont.

especially in todays computer age and documentation of everything....no excuses ....where is the title. LOL

Yeah it screams Stolen..... Only way to do it would be to take the Seller to the DMV with you to verify no liens and that he actually owns the car. Might be worth a shot if the guy will do that. If he declines......... WARNING , FLASHING LIGHTS ETC..... Lol

If he claims there is lots to be by parting it out, why doesn't he do it and keep the big bucks?
This ad makes me think of three old fish!

This is not an uncommon issue anymore. I have bought two cars in the last four months that the title was being held by the finance company even though they were paid off. Here in Oklahoma it is against the law for a finance company to hold the title even when there is a loan but rip-off companies like Santander do it anyway and they certainly aren't alone.

https://www.santanderconsumerusa.com/

I make some good money because people are too lazy to do the leg work and make a few phone calls. I scored a nice 2000 Mustang convertible yesterday by making a phone call. If they aren't paid off then you will know it and if the pay off exceeds the value of the vehicle you just move on down to the next deal.

It is a hassle but when you get nice cars for less than half of what they are bringing on the open market it leaves plenty of profit even if you whosale them to a car lot.

-
Back