So what are your offseason plans?

-

varlo

Joe- Long Island, Oakdale
Reaction score
Well now that the weather is getting worse and worse each day its time to take the scamp off the road on friday for the winter. That being said I have had a blast my first summer of driving. Blew up a rear, added some new performance bolt ons and cleaned her up so good you could eat off it! But now long winter is around the corner and Im sure you all like me have a huge list of things you want to get done to your car. Since I blew my 7.25 and now have my 8.75 in thats checked off the list. But I now want to pull the motor. Touch it up, change it over from power steering to manual, repaint part of my engine bay(dam brake fluid), "clean up" my wiring, relocate my battery to the trunk, get some misc seals for my windows, get new seatbelts(and install them) install my cd deck, New shift boot/trim plate, White hurst ball shifter, Put in my new instrument cluster, Buy a new decklid and paint it body color, new set of mufflers in the back, send rear bumper out to be rechromed, and add a stripe going around the back of my car. I know it sounds crazy but I only have till spring to get all of this done. Im sure lots of you guys dont have a list as long as me and some of you might have a list longer so what else do you guys have planned for the months ahead?

wiper pivot seals, head liner, change the shifter out, and a truck load of odds an ends that I didn't do when I put it on the road.

finish the mock up of the car, finish the body work and get her in primer then sort out my clutch and rear end. I plan on shaking her down in primer come spring then blasting her back apart for paint.

For my Scamp, by Spring I would like to:

-Get the 4bbl carb and intake installed
-Purchase and install the rebuilt 318 heads from AeroHead Racing
-Figure out what cam I want and buy/install it
-Get the headers and dual exhaust on there
-Maybe get an upgraded manual valve body in the tranny
-Maybe get a Sure Grip and gears in the rear end

Luckily the car is in pretty good shape, so I just have to worry about the mechanical upgrades because I want to go faster :)

Unfortunately for me the off season and the season are the same. But anyway I am finally getting back on it and hope to be some semblance of done before the furnace come's back on.

I get my car back from the paint shop in two weeks, then go nuts to get it ready for
Performance World in March. Who wants to come and help, fridge is always full of beer and
and the wife is a good cooker and looker.

Kenny

Make my rear frame rail templates for sending to Autoweld Chassis so they can make me a set out of 2" X 3" diagonal tubing. Build my narrowed Dana. Continue backhalfing the Barracuda after I get the rear frame rails. Build the engine. Get the entire drivetrain shoved in her so she'll be ready for Spring. Replace the tires on the 36' enclosed gooseneck trailer so I can sell it in the Spring when the season starts. Sell more stuff that I'm not using. Possibly build a new chopper if I get the Barracuda done; otherwise I'll wait till next Winter on that project.

not by spring,but, i have to have our 73 340 dart sport completely restored,top to bottom,front to back,by monster mopar weekend 2011. it's gonna be a loooooooong winter.lol
001-2.jpg

I'm going to have my interior completely redone to bring it up to the quality of the exterior.
And I'm going to rewire under the dash.

Then, when spring comes around in 2011, it will go on the auction block.

im not touching it till at least next month, but im hoping to pull the slant, paint the engine compartment put the 400 and 6 speed in my duster. i need to make up my mind what heads im going to run. i really dont want to spend money rebuilding iron heads. maybe do the 71 front clip and tailpanel on too. i need to get the interior back together on the 69 dart.

Off season? There's no "off season" in SoCal!
Actually, now that "paint money" is finally available it's time to get to work on my 'new' '69 Dart that I've owned for 2 years. Got to pull the engine/trans, weld up all the extra holes in the engine compartment, gut the interior and get it ready for paint. Then go through the 380-horse 360 crate motor that came with it to make sure everything is right. Check out the 727 or make the decision to go OD. Decide on what style buckets for the interior. Buy new springs for the rear and check the front suspension and all brakes. Get all new rubber and stuff for the windows. Then put it all back together again.
Whew! I'm tired already.

I plan on getting my Duster ready to drive 2,500km's for MATS 2011 in March or April (they haven't announced actual dates yet). So far on my list of things to do to it:

-Fan shroud & overflow bucket
-Get rad recored or get a new one
-Carpet, headliner & sound deadner
-Get my new 4bbl carb properly set up
-New throttle cable
-New shift linkage (one piece on mine is bent)
-Front suspension build
-Fix the wipers
-Fix the fuel & temperature gauges

Off season? There's no "off season" in SoCal!
Actually, now that "paint money" is finally available it's time to get to work on my 'new' '69 Dart that I've owned for 2 years. Got to pull the engine/trans, weld up all the extra holes in the engine compartment, gut the interior and get it ready for paint. Then go through the 380-horse 360 crate motor that came with it to make sure everything is right. Check out the 727 or make the decision to go OD. Decide on what style buckets for the interior. Buy new springs for the rear and check the front suspension and all brakes. Get all new rubber and stuff for the windows. Then put it all back together again.
Whew! I'm tired already.

Wow lucky not having an offseason. I can only wish. Atleast it saves me money on gas I would be dumping into my car.

Get some goodies lined up before Spring. Namely having the power brake assist ready to go in, and find some bucket seats.
As far as working on them.. too chilly, garage too drafty and uninsulated.
Need to be in AZ or Florida....=P~

For me the off season means I get to drive the hell out of my car! Lol I actually have a few things in the works for the swinger over the next couple of months. Get some tailpipes on it, finish the nitrous install, finish the interior, and get a hood back on it lol. I should get my challenger/swinger hood back from my painter buddy end of next week. It turned out really well, just can't wait to see it in paint!

I have quite a bit of tinkering to do with my swinger but the biggest thing is ma dads mopar restoration

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 005.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 98
well my "off season" started back in june. But I got a few things to finish up. Lets see I need to finish the cage, narrow and assemble the dana60. Install ladder bars. Install and fab up motor mounts. Then build the interior. Rewire the car, install brake lines, and fuel system. Then it will be time for paint and a nitrous install. Hopefully I can have it done before MATS 2011. But we will see. There is alot of work to do and no time to do it. (well except for sat and sunday)

my off season plan is to build my 360 into a 408. I also just remembered that my wipers came apart at the last car cruise this summer so that is also on my list ,but that is about it.

Rear quarters.....................

Attachments

• 381630-R1-071-34_031.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 84
Rear quarters.....................

man I'm jelous. Your cutting the 1/4's out of that car and it has about a 1000% better body than mine does. But when you buy a car for 700 and have only had it for 4 months what can you expect. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours someday......

-
Back