So what prompted you to choose your user name?

-
mine basically came from my car, 73 Duster, and the number I always had when playing baseball from t-ball through high school, which also happens to be the number of the first racecar I ever saw which was a late model owned driven by one of my dad's friends (47)

mine came from my finishing dates I am always moving them around and still am so thats where the shiifty part came from and the double ii was a typo and I just thought it was unique so I kept it and I have a 71 dart.

Guess I'm not very creative. My first name is Jerry, so I dropped an "r" just to be different, and added the first two letters of my last name. jery+st=jeryst.

I use it on all of the many sites I belong to.

360 in a Sublime green Scamp = SNOT ROCKET

05-25-10 015.jpg

I read dune before, and I couldn't think of any good internet names so Paul Muad'Dib + age at time = Muad'Dib15

Grew up in '74 Dart Sport, tried other avenues (Lifted Trucks, GMC Typhoon, Camaro), but in the end it was time to go...

Back to Basics.

One of my besautiful daughters, Melissa, occasionally calls me a "poptart" so thus "Popdart".

BECAUSE!!!!,,,,,,, I tried several different ways to use Petty Blue and 340 and Demon ...all used up....well all the ways I could think of anyway!! lol So I came up with this one....... Its a 72 Demon and its color code is TB3.

I had a 67 Satellite back in the mid 90's a factory 383 car, VIN was RP23G7, i think there is a character missing in there though. It is my first hotmail email address too.

I thought about changing it when i got the Scamp to a VH address, but i didnt want to remember another email address. So the RP name is what i use on all the websites etc.

I like '60's and '70's oldies/classics. "Locomotion", originally by "little Eva" in the early '60's and then "Grand Funk Railroad" in the mid(?) '70's were among my favorites. Coincidently, one definition I found of "locomotion" was "power of movement". So I figured that was good name for a drag car.

I thought about "Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys and a couple of others, but they were taken.

*Bob Reed - SS/A stick '68 Cuda use to use that name in the early '60's on one of his early cars, but I didn't find that out till long after I started using it.

* I raced in Kinston, NC several times about 7-10 years ago. A few months before the last time I went, I heard that "Little Eva" had passed away. She had been living in Kinston, NC!
I always thought it would have been cool to get a pic and autograph, but I could never imagine how that could happen. Yet, I was so close several times.

* In Stanton, MI, a dad came up with his daughter who was about 4-6 years old. She was very shy but he said she wanted to say "Hi" and see the car. The reason was that "Locomotion" was her favorite song in dance class! I won that weekend, just before there was a bad downpour. I was looking around for them hoping they might still be there and want to join me in the winner's circle. Unfortunately, I never did find them and don't know if they saw the win.

Well, I like anything Mopar, and I am a dude.....And I was building a 318 for my 70 Dart, which spawned the name mopardude318...But I actually build a 408....LOL But I guess I could be mopardude408....too late though, as my yahoo, paypal, facebook, myspace, online banking, and everything elsE that requires a user name, is mopardude318. LOL

Several years ago here in Virginia we had a hurricane come through. Toppled a 100 year old oak tree onto my garage. Enough said.

Well I have been a fan of mad max for many a years and my name is in homage to the first 10 minutes of the movie.

Bigboppa would have been a good name too.

i joined a few months before i actually purchased my 70 dart, but i was shopping for my 1st abody at the time. my favorite car is my uncles rootbeer brown 73 Charger. so i used his car. inretrospect, now i have to explain that im askin about my 70 dart and not something else, but whatever

I owned an organic lawn care company and rather than tossing stuff at the turf, I would really get to know it so we could feed it/take care of it properly..I was given the name of the Grassy Guru by many of my customers...when I was hunting for a good name to log onto several MX site, my wife suggested using the abbreviated form 'grassy". I get the 'alternative pharmaceuticals" joke a lot but it is an icebreaker:) ...people remember it over my real name, Ian.

Grassy

I used to live in the metropolitan area of Vancouver, BC. It's kinda like any big city, I guess, but I was getting tired of it. Too much dang traffic, and too many immigrants.

I had been on a Fishing forum, and chose the name "comoxbound", because I wanted out of Vancouver and to move to Comox. So when we finally pulled up stakes and moved, the name didn't seem to fit anymore. So, seeing as I was now here, "comoxian" became my new moniker.

And I know that I don't actually live in Comox proper, but I can see it from here. :-D

-
Back