So What you're saying is.....

-

country_ck

Reaction score
If I want windshield trim and rear window trim for my 1967 Barracuda Notchback I am going to PAY for it. The windshield trim from my parts car (1974 Valiant) won't fit? I've looked through the forum and am just making sure that I understand correctly. Thanks Chris

Pretty much. The '67 trim was a one year only deal that was made of cheap plastic and would shrink to uselessness within a year. Then you were left to deal with the leaks until you got rid of the car. Dad drilled a bunch of 3/8" holes in the floor of our '67 Valiant to let the water out. You can find new window rubber and trim for a '67 and have about a year of good sealing or you can switch to '68 up rubber and trim and have no leak worries. Either way is big $$$. Sorry.

Maybe I'm having a blonde moment and am confused. You're asking about trim, another is talking about gaskets. "Correct" gaskets to the 67 Barracuda are unique to that year only. The gasket has a lock strip that locks the gasket around the glass. The lock strip I've seen on a 67 Cuda convertible was chrome plastic. The only trim I recall was on the A-pilar and the windshield header.

The notchbacks I have seen have the black rubber gasket and a lock strip. The outer part of the gasket and the lock strip are covered by stainless steel trim.

One of the things I have seen is about windshields on A-body MoPars is that they are not all the same height. If you have a 74 Valiant, the windshield is taller than the one on your 67 Cuda notch back.

Chris, with all due respect, if you have an old A Body Mopar, you better get used to paying. And paying. And then paying some more.

Sad but true. This hobby is fun but by no means cheap.

If yours is a 67 you are pronanly missing only the chrome looking lock strip.
You can use the stainless from the front window of the 74 but you would need a 68 up gasket for a 2 door glass. Yes the 2 door glass and gasket is 2 inches shorter than the 4 door You simply trim 2 inches from the A-pillar stainless.
A blind man can see the rear glass is totally different in your 74. Nothing there is compatable .

I have a 67 notchback.

I used the 68 gaket and trim clips.

I also used stainless front windshield trim from a 76 dart, and I had to trim some length from the side moldings with a whizz wheel but it fit.

The biggest thing is making damn sure you get the windshield trim clips at the proper height level when drilling the screw holes for the trim.

If the clips are set too deep in the channel you will never get your trim clipped in there right....ask me how I know.

Don't just stick the clips in the channel and let them bottom out which is what you will be tempted to do as it is easy to do and feels right but you will be screwed.....ask me how I know.

Why do I keep saying ask me how I know.....I have absolutely no idea....

Thanks for the input. I need a new windshield and the old one looks like somebody used JB Weld to seal it in.

-
Back