SoCal Mopar Invasion 8-23-08

-

robertnb64

Pres. SouthBay Mopars
Reaction score
On August 23rd, 2008 SouthBay Mopar and Chrysler Performance West are hosting the 3rd annual Mopar Invasion, a drop in style show and shine show at Ricky & Ronnie's Restaurant at 1301 Sepulveda Blvd, Torrance CA from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

There is no charge to bring your car and plenty of secure parking. The restaurant is open to anyone wanting to buy a meal.

For the event flier please click here

This would be a great place for some So Cal FABO members to meet up and get together.

Ricky and Ronnies is a great place. It's a location specifically made and created just few years back just for Cruise In's !!!

Pictures from last years event

Copy of PICT1031.JPG

Copy of PICT1028.JPG

Very cool. I may have to bring the new Valiant after I get her all dolled up running like a champ.

Very cool. I may have to bring the new Valiant after I get her all dolled up running like a champ.

Aw shucks. You mean it's got fender and stuff on it now.

It was really cool like this. One of the neatest cars on display at all of Spring Fling. But you would need a pair of driving goggles to make it from Ventura to Torrance with it this way.

DSCN1013md.JPG

Make it 61. If the lettering gets done in time on my '64 AWB, I'm going to try and drive it all the way down. Hopefully, the gold leaf won't peel off at freeway speeds!:-D

Do I need permission?

http://public.fotki.com/bowtie0069/legendsdiner8308/img1200.html

Bring it and invite all your Mopar Monrovia buddies.

I think we could hit 100 Mopars. This is a real cool event for some basic reasons:

-costs nothing
-can go in and out and any time
-super unique and neat 50's Cruise In diner
-good food and great malts
-great cool Torrance weather that always gets a cool sea breeze in the afternoon.
-kick back relaxed atmosphere
-costs nothing

My car is fun but it looks like crap. The roof (vinyl) is all yuky. Should I drive it anyway?

My car is fun but it looks like crap. The roof (vinyl) is all yuky. Should I drive it anyway?

Hell yes !! Run whatcha brung.

ANY Mopar ANY condition welcome. robertnb64's 69 was missing a bunch of stuff, IIRC. He just got it running the day before. The whole drivers side front end of my car is dented and bent up. Paint is wearing through the hood...

It's just about FUN !! No trophies, no entry fees. Believe me, the project cars get just as much attention as the done cars.

Daves66Valiant, how much attention and people talked to you at Spring Fling with your car pictured above??

See the picture of the primed in guide coat E-body Cuda above? Didn't even have a front grille.

Hey, and all this goes for Fall Fling show at Woodley Park too. We have tons of project cars out there. Primered, dented, no interiors, no hoods... IT'S ALL GOOD !!

Michealuser, you bringing the car to Fall Fling too??

Yes, bring your Mopar.

We will have cars from the 50's to the new 08 SRT's there in all conditions.

This event is just a laid back have fun type of event. Because all the cars are parked in a central area it becomes a very social event.

Everyone who has been to this event the past 2 years had a great time! This year is shaping up to be our best year yet.

Yes, bring your Mopar.
We will have cars from the 50's to the new 08 SRT's there in all conditions.
This event is just a laid back have fun type of event. Because all the cars are parked in a central area it becomes a very social event.
Everyone who has been to this event the past 2 years had a great time! This year is shaping up to be our best year yet.

OKAY cool. She looks good here. There the before and after I bought it photos. Like I said the roof is sun dried like a tomato, but it runs...

DART1.jpg

Dart1968ab.jpg

OKAY cool. She looks good here before anf after I bought it. Like I said the roof is sun dried like a tomato, but it runs...

Awesome :cheers:

My 68 is pretty beat. Peeling paint, rear quarter drain holes rusted out, and dented up right front fender.

I'd drive it, but the braking is not so hot. It needs an alignment, maybe a master cyl, and rear brake shoes that havent been soaked in rear end fluid for years. I'd drive it if only had 2 or those three problems, but with 3 for 3 I'll just drive it to the grocery store.

Pictures of my 68 Dart

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1070

vbpgimage.php

Michaeluser, that is a nice Dart. I wouldn't be the least bit ashamed of it!!!

I will be out from Ventura with the Duster and the B'Cuda. 80 miles one way, baby!! Lol.

-Justin

It's great to hear you guys are coming in from Ventura...I have talked to a couple of people coming in from the Riverside area.

This event is going to be huge this year!

I know I'm looking forward to see a lot of old friends again.

It's great to hear you guys are coming in from Ventura...I have talked to a couple of people coming in from the Riverside area.

This event is going to be huge this year!

I know I'm looking forward to see a lot of old friends again.

I enjoy every mopar (or any brand) car show. Looking forward to it!!!!

I actually purchased an 8 1/4 rear from you about a year or so ago. It is what is in the Duster. It works great and I only put new brakes on it.

See you all there.

-Justin

I enjoy every mopar (or any brand) car show. Looking forward to it!!!!

I actually purchased an 8 1/4 rear from you about a year or so ago. It is what is in the Duster. It works great and I only put new brakes on it.

See you all there.

-Justin

I remember...glad to hear you got it in!

Make sure and say hi when you are there!

I remember...glad to hear you got it in!

Make sure and say hi when you are there!

I had a good deal with Robert as well. Cool guy and we went to this deal afterwards with one of his co-workers.

I'm trying to get my Swinger in order to head out.

I had a good deal with Robert as well. Cool guy and we went to this deal afterwards with one of his co-workers.

I'm trying to get my Swinger in order to head out.

Hey Rob,

Thanks...hope you can make it out.

I now have a new oil pan on the Cuda LOL!

Steve,

I am going to e-mail you the flier Friday so you can print up some for your local palces and the club meeting on Sunday

Steve,

I am going to e-mail you the flier Friday so you can print up some for your local palces and the club meeting on Sunday

Good idea, Robert. It would be handy to have at the CPW meeting on Sunday, so we can pass it around for viewing. I am sure Steve will agree.

-Justin

You know what guys I am such a dork. The 23rd is the day I leave for vacation. Wife would be pissed if I went to the GTG. I should have realized that. But I will heading to the Cypress College meeting in Sept 28th or La Palma Park in October5th. Dork award goes to me.

You know what guys I am such a dork. The 23rd is the day I leave for vacation. Wife would be pissed if I went to the GTG. I should have realized that. But I will heading to the Cypress College meeting in Sept 28th or La Palma Park in October5th. Dork award goes to me.

DOH...I hate when I do that...

I always forget events, so I have to have my wife do all my scheduling.

-
Back