sodak

-

waggl1

Reaction score
Hey im Michael im from south Dakota, served four years in the marine corp. I currently own a 2004 ram2500 with cummins which is gonna be my toy hauler. Now that im out working and wanting to build me a project car. I found a 73 duster that is already tubbed out with cage and a shortened dana60. Im sorry I don't have photo's to post I know how much youd like to see. The car was setup for a 440 and automatic and I would like to put one back in it. Why mess with whats already done?

The gentleman wants 4500 for the car it looks to be in decent shape. AS far as what it was setup for is beyond me. He purchased it a few years ago and she has sat for a while in his field now (good ol field cars). Now my question is would this be a good deal? it has the usual rust spots and missing the front seats. My main goal if I were to purchase the car is to obviously restore the exterior paint which was a light purple and black stripes on the side. I spotted her in the three foot tall grass only because of that flat black hemi hood scoop.

Id love to put a 440 in it with a single 88mm turbo setup aiming for the 800hp range or higher obviously in doing this im gonna need to do very large amout of homework
puke.gif
. But being new to the mopar world im having issue's finding parts and knowledge. hopefully I can find some good information from this site
nx.gif

Sounds like a lot of money for a roller. Its really hard to say without pics and more info. Does he have a clear title? In florida it is a pain to register without one.

Yea I feel so as well. But the title seems to be as clear as day from what he says (still gonna check it out). Only thing is obviously rust interior and tires. Maybe a small animal living in it idk lol, but I was going to go back out tomorrow and check it out again take some photo's and see whatsup. How can I run a vin without paying cash on a carfax or anything?

Welcome aboard! Might be able to check v.i.n.# w/local Police dept., at least that should tell you if it's been stolen, or if the vin is for another vehicle. Good luck with your project!

Welcome aboard! Might be able to check v.i.n.# w/local Police dept., at least that should tell you if it's been stolen, or if the vin is for another vehicle. Good luck with your project!

Thanks for the advice and what not. Im just aiming to do a regular 440 (not a stroker) with an 88mm turbo and possibly run about 15-20psi Just need to do research ive heard of blow-through carbs but idk what that entails along with where I can get good parts from for this build. I know that dana 60 will have to be gone through the cage might need to be refreshed/added on to.:burnout:

Oh I forgot to add welcome to FABO and thanks for your service.

Sounds kinda high but if it is just what you want........
Have you hooked up with the guys at blackhillsmopars.org?

Fond memories from 5 years at Ellsworth. And wow a girl behind every tree! Oh yeah and Sturgis. Oh.... almost forgot welcome.

Hey im Michael im from south Dakota, served four years in the marine corp. I currently own a 2004 ram2500 with cummins which is gonna be my toy hauler. Now that im out working and wanting to build me a project car. I found a 73 duster that is already tubbed out with cage and a shortened dana60. Im sorry I don't have photo's to post I know how much youd like to see. The car was setup for a 440 and automatic and I would like to put one back in it. Why mess with whats already done?

The gentleman wants 4500 for the car it looks to be in decent shape. AS far as what it was setup for is beyond me. He purchased it a few years ago and she has sat for a while in his field now (good ol field cars). Now my question is would this be a good deal? it has the usual rust spots and missing the front seats. My main goal if I were to purchase the car is to obviously restore the exterior paint which was a light purple and black stripes on the side. I spotted her in the three foot tall grass only because of that flat black hemi hood scoop.

Id love to put a 440 in it with a single 88mm turbo setup aiming for the 800hp range or higher obviously in doing this im gonna need to do very large amout of homework
puke.gif
. But being new to the mopar world im having issue's finding parts and knowledge. hopefully I can find some good information from this site
nx.gif

Dude, thank you for your service and welcome to FABO....... Sounds like a lot of cash for a roller and rusty car........... my 2 cents.....

Welcome! Pics,would go a long way. Ask,if you have. Pm a mod,or check out the website help thread.Best of luck.

thanks yall...yes Sturgis It aint what it used to be though more family oriented. I do feel its a lot but then again I looked at it once and through 3ft tall grass mind you. I think im gonna go back tomorrow (Tuesday) and check it out again take some photo's see what yall think.

I haven't hooked up with those guys didn't know they existed but thanks grim reaper. I apologies for not quoting all your posts just a lot of them lol.

But If getting this car happens where can I find parts for this build I wanna do a street/strip 440 turbo'd car I am aiming for a low 10-high nine 1/4 mile and push about 15-20psi. Hopefully I get some great information from this site and can make a good name in the books lol

Only you know what you want, and want to afford. Personally for that money I'd want at the very least ladder bar suspension and to know that the cage would cert (since you mentioned "strip"). If its still a leaf car that would be "ok" for street, but I'd work him down on the price a bit...or try. My cousin has a turn key Duster in Casper for sale that could be put back in street trim and I think you'd be ahead of the game going that route... But for all I know perhaps you want the challenge of the build.

We've used B&M Machine for a few build and have been happy with the results big and small block. He's in Box Elder.

J

Only you know what you want, and want to afford. Personally for that money I'd want at the very least ladder bar suspension and to know that the cage would cert (since you mentioned "strip"). If its still a leaf car that would be "ok" for street, but I'd work him down on the price a bit...or try. My cousin has a turn key Duster in Casper for sale that could be put back in street trim and I think you'd be ahead of the game going that route... But for all I know perhaps you want the challenge of the build.

We've used B&M Machine for a few build and have been happy with the results big and small block. He's in Box Elder.

J

I sent you a pm about your brothers car id take it as is...i did talk the guy down from 6000 to 4500 because i nitpicked the hell out of the paint the suspension etc. So i mean progress was made, I think he knows what he is talking about. He has paperwork somewhere saying the car ran an 8.92 as his fastest pass when the 440 was a nitrous fed powerhouse.

Anyways i sent you a pm with information hope to hear back.:burnout:

-
Back