Soft pedal

-

Jason Holt

Reaction score
I have a 67 dart gt that I did the front brake disc conversion and rear disc conv from doctor diff. I replaced the master cylinder with one he recommended. I pumped all the air out of the master cylinder. Connected the lines used a motion brake bleader kit and ran a couple quarts through the system. I’m not getting any more air out of the lines. This is a power brake system. When I push on the pedal it doesn’t stop until the floor. The second time I push it down it stops halfway. The third time I push it it’s right at the top and feels great. Then if I wait 5 seconds and push it again it doesn’t stop until the floor. What is wrong? Please help!

Did you bench bleed the master cyl?

Did you adjust the booster pushrod to be the correct length for the new master cyl?

Classic symptom of air still in the system. You can bench bleed on the car, but the master cylinder must be level.

Mymopar.com

download your car or a year before or after factory service manual.

the procedure should be about the same factory parts or aftermarket.

Basically if the pushrod that comes out of the booster is too short you will run out of pedal travel too soon.

Too long and the mc pistons don't return to their resting position

Depending on whether the calipers are front or rear mounted on the spindles, the bleeders may not be "up" and the calipers then, would need to be switched, side for side. Check that. Try adjusting the shoes up tight to remove movement and see if that changes after bleeding. Of course you will have to adjust them back before driving.

-
Back