Softer Shock absorber options

-
Then I’d say you have to do something different with your sway bar. If you’re higher than stock ride height and still hitting that thing with 1.03’s it has to be hanging way down. The stock 67-72 sway bars limit ground clearance a little, but no where near enough to cause what you’re describing
Yeah, the OE style bar was tucked up nicely and had no issues. The QA1 LCA's require the 73 style sway bar that is MUCH lower. I have debated about getting rid of the doggone thing entirely and returning the height to original looking. The car had a nice rake that way too. Only hesitation is another front end alignment.

Yeah, the OE style bar was tucked up nicely and had no issues. The QA1 LCA's require the 73 style sway bar that is MUCH lower. I have debated about getting rid of the doggone thing entirely and returning the height to original looking. The car had a nice rake that way too. Only hesitation is another front end alignment.

The ‘73 style bar is supposed to route through the K frame, not be mounted below it. On a 73+ K frame it’s actually much higher than the stock 67-72 bar.

Which sway bar are you actually running? Stock ‘73 or aftermarket?

The ‘73 style bar is supposed to route through the K frame, not be mounted below it. On a 73+ K frame it’s actually much higher than the stock 67-72 bar.

Which sway bar are you actually running? Stock ‘73 or aftermarket?
Am running the Hellwig. I am also running the QA1 K frame, so this bar is the only one that will work with it according to them.

Am running the Hellwig. I am also running the QA1 K frame, so this bar is the only one that will work with it according to them.

Sorry, missed the QA1 K frame deal somehow I thought you just had the LCA’s. Did QA1 recommend the Hellwig bar? I was under the impression that the only sway bar that fit the Qa1 K frame was the QA1 front sway bar. Do you have a picture showing how the sway bar is mounted?

I run a Hellwig 55905 with QA1 LCA's on my Duster, but it runs through the K frame like the later bars are supposed to with the 73+ K's.

Also, feel free to PM me. I realize this has gotten a bit off the shock absorber topic the OP was originally going after.

One thing worth mentioning is the rate of compression is part of the valving package. I sell Bilsteins and Fox/Ridetechs as I know these are good matches for the torsion bars in my offerings. I wish everyone could ride in my Dart. I wouldn’t tell you what’s under it upon entry as you would never know. There are lots of tales being told on a regular basis.

One thing I learned from years of motocross is stiff spring rates can actually make the bike ride softer…when you don’t have enough spring rate you blow through the suspension travel and bottom out…and bottomed out suspension be it car or bike is both stiff and harsh…now not a single passenger has ever said my car with 1.14 bars rode stiff…and having run both bilstein and Viking shocks I would give the bilsteins the nod over the Vikings with big torsion bars…

One thing I learned from years of motocross is stiff spring rates can actually make the bike ride softer…when you don’t have enough spring rate you blow through the suspension travel and bottom out…and bottomed out suspension be it car or bike is both stiff and harsh…now not a single passenger has ever said my car with 1.14 bars rode stiff…and having run both bilstein and Viking shocks I would give the bilsteins the nod over the Vikings with big torsion bars…

which bilsteins in particular?

The ones PST sold… I believe they were RDC models…in a lovely silver colour

Non adjustable?

mine are black RCD models. Have they just changed the paint on them ?

hotchkis11_22_10tvsbuildsm16-jpg.jpg

They are silver non adjustable… I likely bought them 10 years ago or longer now I think about it…Bill Clinton was your president when I bought my 1.14 inch bars…

They are silver non adjustable… I likely bought them 10 years ago or longer now I think about it…Bill Clinton was your president when I bought my 1.14 inch bars…

mine are from 2011. Maybe different colors cause I got them in a hotchkis kit.

Where your Vikings adjustable? I heard such good thing about them.

The Vikings are double adjustable… they are actually better for a car with small/stock bars as you can add compression damping…with the big bars their damping characteristics just don’t work…I took them off my car with the 1.14 bars and put them on my old purple junker with .92 bars..

-
Back