Sold Duster...got a Dart

-

adamsredlines

'69 Dart
Reaction score
In the middle of a move, I had to sell my 72 Duster as I had no place to put it. I never got the stroker motor put in it so the car was just a roller and needed a lot of body work due to rust...so it was a long way out.
A week after I sold the car, I found a house with a 6-bay shop and a lift...so I now have a place to work again. I found a neat little '69 Dart on Craigslist and it became mine. Its a rust free car with an old paint job that I really like so it'll probably stay just that. It has a 6 point cage in it, 8-3/4, super stock springs and is basically set up for the track...just needs an engine and trans. I still have the unfired 390 stroker I built for the Duster so its a perfect fit, along with the 727 with reverse manual valve body.
I'm excited to get this going again and finally be able to see this motor go into something.

How sweet it is.
Congrats and the best of luck to you!

lets see everyones shops/grages....i will start.... here is my garage/shop.... 1600 sq feet almost as many sq ft as our house

Attachments

• unnamed (30).jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 346
Here's the Dart on the way home.
I'll get some pics of the shop tonight.
5 bays are "storage" with individual bay doors and the bay with the lift is divided off from the other 5...and has HVAC and a half bath.
All bays have 12' wide bay doors and the bays are 35' deep.
The bay with the lift is actually two bays wide, but only one door...so there's TONS of room for toolboxes and equipment. Its a pretty awesome place.

:burnout:

Attachments

• 20150703_173924.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 334
I've seen that car run at MoKan, and have watched it advertised on Craigslist. Pretty neat little Dart.

That's a sweet looking dart. I've seen it on craigslist for awhile. I REALLY like the 90's mopar racing paint scheme.

In the middle of a move, I had to sell my 72 Duster as I had no place to put it. I never got the stroker motor put in it so the car was just a roller and needed a lot of body work due to rust...so it was a long way out.
A week after I sold the car, I found a house with a 6-bay shop and a lift...so I now have a place to work again. I found a neat little '69 Dart on Craigslist and it became mine. Its a rust free car with an old paint job that I really like so it'll probably stay just that. It has a 6 point cage in it, 8-3/4, super stock springs and is basically set up for the track...just needs an engine and trans. I still have the unfired 390 stroker I built for the Duster so its a perfect fit, along with the 727 with reverse manual valve body.
I'm excited to get this going again and finally be able to see this motor go into something.

Proof that "as one door closes another opens".:burnout:

Ive got 3 total...and want to leave the lift bay open for use.
After the Dart is done.. i see a big block A100 in my future, and some goofy 80s FWD turbo Mopar.

Red truck is my turbo Hemi.

Attachments

• 11150555_916769301720471_8848007841262577542_n.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 125
-
Back