Sold my 72 Sassy Grass

-

340 swinger

Reaction score
Yep its gone. Left yesterday by tow truck to a local impound where it will be picked up by a car hauler and sent to Halifax Nova Scotia. Then on a rail car to Edmonton Alberta. It will be stored there for the winter then driven to Fort Smith NWT (900 miles on dirt roads) to its final destination. I'm not sure what this guy is thinking. At first I thought it was a love for mopars but as I got to talking to him I found that he knew nothing about them, and I mean zero! So why does a guy fly all the way across Canada to buy a muscle car that he knows nothing about and take it to a place where there isn't even pavement? They have about 30 days of summer in Fort Smith and the ground that is permanently frozen starts to thaw the first 4 inches of frozen ground that turns into mud. I asked him if there was anybody that worked on this old stuff in his town or acess to junk yards for parts, and his answer was "I think there is a Chrysler dealer in Hay River (400 miles away)". I'm feeling guilty now and wish I would have backed out on the sale. He ended up giving me $ 16,000.00 for the car, had plane tickets for he and his wife, one week at one of the best hotels here in Fredericton New Brunswick, a rent a car for a week, and approximately $ 3500 in shipping costs. Maybe I'm missing something here.

That does sound strange, god I hope he doesn't turn it into a mudder.
You should keep in touch with him and see what becomes of the car in the so called "summer time"
AL

Maybe it's just a great looking car. Even people in sh-t holes can appreciate great cars. Where on the east coast are you from?

I am sure that to him, those conditions are normal, so why wouldn't he want to own and enjoy a nice car. Just like people in Arizona wondering why the sell convertibles in canada ?

I think buddy has Brain freeze!!I live near Toronto and remember 1 summer,ran into people from Florida with down hill ski,s on the roof asking..Where,s the snow?Well I got to go a block fell out of my igloo!HaHa!!Guy sounds like he,s got the$$$

Darren sounds lick you did all right. The buyer on the other hand seems like he would have been better off buying a 4 wheel drive. So are you now working on your latest purchase? If so where's those progress pics?

Darren sounds lick you did all right. The buyer on the other hand seems like he would have been better off buying a 4 wheel drive. So are you now working on your latest purchase? If so where's those progress pics?

Don't have any progress to take pics of. The car doesn't really need anything but a driver. Probably could use a paint job. The paint is only 6 months old but not done to my liking. Plus my loser son in law's family came into my yard and spun gravel all over it. After that I got new insurance Smith and Wesson.

That sounds like the perfect project! Your son in laws family deserves everthing you give them and then some. That would piss me off to no end.

That sounds like the perfect project! Your son in laws family deserves everthing you give them and then some. That would piss me off to no end.

Buddy you have no idea. There is a small war going on between us. They threatened to burn me out. Everytime my 12 year old rotweiller growls late at night I think they are coming. Cops wont do anything, in fact there are assult charges pending on me for protecting my family and property the day that this all happened. Can you imagine charging me and all happening on my own property. I am a firm believer for "an eye for an eye" but it seems like the low lifes get away with whatever they want.
I have to stop typing, I can feel my blood pressure rising again.

You gotta remember some places you can't get anything like the car you sold, and the money these guys in northern alberta are making has gotten insane , I used to know a guy in the 80s who would grab pos camaros and firebirds etc for 1,000 bucks or so { real bondo buggies } and run them north to the oil workers who had too much money and time on their hands ,he'd get 10-15k for them it was way better than working just alot more dangerous sometimes eh! they would get drunk and smash em up or roll em on the ice roads then call him for another just so they could send pictures home to their buddies bragging about their trans am , it's what happens when you give someone with a grade six education a doctors income { rig workers were making 60-80k when minimum wage was 8k and 20k was middle class }

You gotta remember some places you can't get anything like the car you sold, and the money these guys in northern alberta are making has gotten insane , I used to know a guy in the 80s who would grab pos camaros and firebirds etc for 1,000 bucks or so { real bondo buggies } and run them north to the oil workers who had too much money and time on their hands ,he'd get 10-15k for them it was way better than working just alot more dangerous sometimes eh! they would get drunk and smash em up or roll em on the ice roads then call him for another just so they could send pictures home to their buddies bragging about their trans am , it's what happens when you give someone with a grade six education a doctors income { rig workers were making 60-80k when minimum wage was 8k and 20k was middle class }

Times are changing quickly Cunnucky, the oil companies are cutting back big time because of the price of oil which means layoffs for custruction workers on projects that have been shelved and office workers in Calgary for the same reason. Welcome to the boom and bust province cuss it just went bust bigtime. I wonder if all those workers living in the camps and motels in McMurray were saving even a little of their money for a rainy day, somehow I doubt it. Personally I've lived here all my life and always put money away for "the rainy day".

Terry

keep in tpouch with the "new" owner...once he figures out he won't or can't drive it in the GREAT NORTHWEST..you can buy it back for $8k.
other than that....she's gone!

Aloha...mean goodbye

Congrat's on the sale Darren! I didn't even know you were trying to sell it. That seems like a good price too. Who knows what the guy is going to do with it up there, maybe he plans on starting a cruise night, LOL

Sorry to hear that the wagon burners are giving you more trouble. Maybe they need a visit from the long range smoke pole.

Jack

-
Back