Sold Wife's Car

-

bobscuda67

Reaction score
After much thought I sold her car. She is not happy about it but it was time and with used car prices up 20% we did okay.
I've been shopping for a new truck that will probably last me for the rest of my driving life anyway. The prices on these things are hard to swallow! I don't know who can afford any of them but there selling. A dealer offered me $1446 for a trade in on a 2020 truck. No way!
IMG_1431.JPG
IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1436.JPG
IMG_1439.JPG
IMG_1441.JPG
IMG_1443.JPG
IMG_1444.JPG
IMG_1445.JPG
IMG_1450.JPG

I put these photos on Facebook Market place and sold it in three days for $6650.

What did you get? I can see why your wife is pissed. That’s a nice car.

I sold it for $6650.
It was one of those cream puff cars that was never driven in the winter salted roads. We drove it 5000 miles in the last two years and just wasn't worth paying the insurance and plates on it.
The guy that bought it said it was gonna be his daily driver and I got a sick feeling in my gut.

A couple more pics. I kinda wish FCA or Puegot or whatever the hell they call themselves now would build a new version of them.
A 5.7 with a 8 speed trans would be sweet! A 392 would be better and a Hellcat would be ridiculous!
IMG_0751.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG

I'm guessin you are going to have to buy her a hemi pickup!!!

I saw an immaculate SRT8 Magnum (red) yesterday going the other way down the road. A true hot rod wagon. Too bad they didn’t sell well.

I saw an immaculate SRT8 Magnum (red) yesterday going the other way down the road. A true hot rod wagon. Too bad they didn’t sell well.
No, they were not selling well in 07 and 08. It was time for a restyle and gas was not cheap and the economy was going into the crapper. Damiler wanted to sell what was left of the old Chrysler Corp and didn't want to sink anymore money into it.
My wife's car was an 05. It was almost 16 years old and I think the bushings were starting to get hard and all the electronics are 16 years old.

I'm just a bit confused/concerned here.
Why did you sell the wife's car so you could buy a truck?
Is the truck for you or her?

If I tried this I'd be in a heap of trouble.

I would be too if she knew about it.
No kidding

I offered my wife earlier to trade in her 08 charger for a late teens charger, also AWD of course

She would have none of it, she's gonna drive that car into the ground

No kidding

I offered my wife earlier to trade in her 08 charger for a late teens charger, also AWD of course

I planned to keep the Magnum longer too but it was starting to nickel and diming me and the parts for it were starting to be discontinued.

No kidding

Do you run winter tires on her AWD car?

Do you run winter tires on her AWD car?
Only in the winter, I got a second set of wheels with all-seasons on it for the summer

We've had that car since '09 and in over a decade of Michigan winters, it only got stuck once

-
Back