Solid Roller Lifters on Hydraulic Roller Cam

-
Who’s rockers?

Oil via both methods hasn’t been an oil pressure issue for me.
Currently being done with Hyd roller.
I've never had an issue using oil through lifters and push rods either. Just about every engine I build has them.
Having read on this site, not all hydraulic roller cams can handle a solid roller lifter I thought I would ask about the cam I have in mind.
As far as the cam issue, you need to talk to a cam grinder, this is not the place to get advice on a subject like that. None of these guys design cams.

Last edited:
I've never had an issue using oil through lifters and push rods either. Just about every engine I build has them.

As far as the cam issue, you need to talk to a cam grinder, this is not the place to get advice on a subject like that. None of these guys design cams.

Yeah, don’t listen to guys who have done it and are still doing it.

Hey, do you know where Comp got most of its tight lash street roller lobes from? Of course you don’t but lucky for you I’m going to educate you.

Comp took most of its hydraulic roller lobes, printed a tight lash number on the cam card and it’s like they reinvented the wheel.

A three year old syphilitic donkey could learn that with a Comp master lobe catalog.

Yeah, don’t listen to guys who have done it and are still doing it.
LOL, yeah and guys on the internet who don't have to warrant anything if it goes sideways.
But hey, why take the time to confirm anything with the cam designer when they can just ask some loud mouth goober on a forum ... right?
You need your own web page, where every performance part manufacturer can send customers for your tech advice.
More ego talk as usual.

Last edited:
LOL, yeah and guys on the internet who don't have to warrant anything if it goes sideways.
But hey, why take the time to confirm anything with the cam designer when they can just ask some loud mouth goober on a forum ... right?
You need your own web page, where every performance part manufacturer can send customers for your tech advice.
More ego talk as usual.

Wrong again. When you actually build engines for a living you have to warranty stuff like that.

And yet, I’ve NEVER had to warranty a HR with solid lifters on it.

Do you ever get anything right?

EDIT: getting ready to start adding content to my YouTube channel.

You will be banned from making comments. I don’t have time to deal with simple minded fools.

Wrong again. When you actually build engines for a living you have to warranty stuff like that.

You will be banned from making comments. I don’t have time to deal with simple minded fools.
Hey Rat drop us a link to your YouTube channel, please.
Thanks in advance
Jim K

LOL, but your not building his engine are you? :realcrazy: And there is no warranty on internet advice, last time I checked LOL.
As I said, my advice is to simply check with the Cam designer. Your advice is to just take your word for it, and lets face it, you're a bit of a hapless parrot who just wants to sound cool on the internet.

I talked about this subject once with Mike Jones, and he pointed out a few issues with the idea. That's why I say, play it smart and check with the designer.

Also here's something Mike said when asked why people do it.
"Because some people are under the false belief that it's easier on the valvetrain, then running mechanical roller lifters on a mechanical roller cam.
That's completely false, and in some cases, it can be much harder on the valvetrain, depending on the hydr roller lobe profiles.
Some hydr roller profiles have no opening ramp at all, and accelerate quickly, right off the base circle. This makes the velocity/acceleration at the lash point much higher then most mechanical roller profiles."

Seriously, why would I even entertain the thought of looking at your channel? It's bad enough having to see you here..
And if I did choose to look and comment, how would you even know it was me? You got a crystal ball?
My advice to you would be to switch comments off on your channel..Otherwise you're going to have a fit..

Last edited:
LOL, but your not building his engine are you? :realcrazy: And there is no warranty on internet advice, last time I checked LOL.
As I said, my advice is to simply check with the Cam designer. Your advice is to just take your word for it, and lets face it, you're a bit of a hapless parrot who just wants to sound cool on the internet.

I talked about this subject once with Mike Jones, and he pointed out a few issues with the idea. That's why I say, play it smart and check with the designer.

Also here's something Mike said when asked why people do it.
"Because some people are under the false belief that it's easier on the valvetrain, then running mechanical roller lifters on a mechanical roller cam.
That's completely false, and in some cases, it can be much harder on the valvetrain, depending on the hydr roller lobe profiles.
Some hydr roller profiles have no opening ramp at all, and accelerate quickly, right off the base circle. This makes the velocity/acceleration at the lash point much higher then most mechanical roller profiles."

Seriously, why would I even entertain the thought of looking at your channel? It's bad enough having to see you here..
And if I did choose to look and comment, how would you even know it was me? You got a crystal ball?
My advice to you would be to switch comments off on your channel..Otherwise you're going to have a fit..

Geezus. You can’t be that thick can you.

Did you see how Comp came up with their tight lash solids?

They sell the hell out of them. Do you think they have a warranty many of them?

Because YOU cant do something doesn‘t it’s can’t be done and isn’t being done.

If you are scared because your license doesn’t qualify you to think for yourself then don’t use solid rollers on a HR lobe. Don’t expect the rest of us to be scared.

People have been doing it for decades. lol
Pioneers !
My first was putting a solid flat tappet on a hydraulic shaft as a poor teenager.
I guess it doesn't hurt to ask............ but I prefer the pioneer aspect in everything I do.

Pioneers !
My first was putting a solid flat tappet on a hydraulic shaft as a poor teenager.
I guess it doesn't hurt to ask............ but I prefer the pioneer aspect in everything I do.

What? Are you cRaZy or what? You can’t do that. You can’t do it unless you don’t have to warranty it.

You should know better that smarter people than you and I can’t do it so it can’t be done.

Thank GOD they weren’t responsible for flight, or anything of consequence because nattering naybobs and ne’er do well wisenheimer’s stand around and say it can’t be.

Clowns like that slow down progress and we have several of them right here on FABO.

Because YOU cant do something doesn‘t it’s can’t be done and isn’t being done.

If you are scared because your license doesn’t qualify you to think for yourself then don’t use solid rollers on a HR lobe. Don’t expect the rest of us to be scared.

LOL, did I ever say it can't be done? Ah , no I didn't , did I genius. As usual, you just make **** up.:realcrazy:
And I never said I haven't used a profile that could be used either way did I?
Also, we are talking about an Edelbrock cam , not a Comp Cam. Sure, they may share the same masters, because both are owned now by IOP, or they may not. My advice simply covers all cam designers..
Again, all I said was check with the designer first. That's what a smart person does, but obviously it's more about your little ego getting hurt, isn't it little Timmy ? Do you need a tissue?
You know, for a guy who's always going on about people being butchers and hacks, you sure sound like a hack.
And I see my qualifications, are still renting space in your head... That's nice to know.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
What? Are you cRaZy or what? You can’t do that. You can’t do it unless you don’t have to warranty it.

You should know better that smarter people than you and I can’t do it so it can’t be done.

Thank GOD they weren’t responsible for flight, or anything of consequence because nattering naybobs and ne’er do well wisenheimer’s stand around and say it can’t be.

Clowns like that slow down progress and we have several of them right here on FABO.
The only progress you've ever made is discovering how **** gets done by other people on youtube.. :rofl:

Pioneers !
Call me crazy, but I don't think putting solid flat tappet lifters on a Hyd flat tappet cam, is the best way for someone like me to run a business. Especially with todays apparent lifter quality.
But if you want to do it on your own stuff, then go for your life.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I don't think putting solid flat tappet lifters on a Hyd flat tappet cam, is the best way for someone like me to run a business. Especially with todays apparent lifter quality.

Fear is crippling. Fear retards progress.

You are the perfect example of that.

Fear is crippling. Fear retards progress.

You are the perfect example of that.
WTF are you even talking about :realcrazy: But you're a hack, right? and hacks seldom use any logic or caution when they do anything.. Just cobble it together "and send it" That's you all over.
Someone told me you have comments turned off on your channel. LOL that sounds like fear to me.
:rofl:
Anyway, the OP can choose to take advice from whoever he wants to.
I don't have anything more to add so I'm moving on.

Last edited:
NO FEAR ! here lol
FWIW my stuff has always been the guinea pig, solid flat tappet on a hydraulic shaft coated with wheel bearing grease. the old good stuff. lol

WTF are you even talking about :realcrazy: But you're a hack, right? and hacks seldom use any logic or caution when they do anything.. Just cobble it together "and send it" That's you all over.
Someone told me you have comments turned off on your channel. LOL that sounds like fear to me.
:rofl:
Anyway, the OP can choose to take advice from whoever he wants to.
I don't have anything more to add so I'm moving on.

Later dude. Stay gone.

Some don't no the difference between vaseline and KY jelly.
There is a difference I've found. lol

Is there a web site to visit?
Where are you exactly? North Central Florida is a debatable area in which a net search showing different regions.
I'm in Summerfield.south of Ocala.No Bam doesn't have a web site yet just his #

Decided to go with a custom grind by Mike Jones. He said solid rollers would be fine for the cam he has for me.

.008 hot lash
Cam #HR75375-78360-110
241/251 @.050
.375/360 lobe lift
562/540 valve lift
110 lsa

Last edited:
Decided to go with a custom grind by Mike Jones. He said solid rollers would be fine for the cam he has for me.

.008 hot lash
Cam #HR75375-78360-110
241/251 @.050
.375/360 lobe lift
562/540 valve lift
110 lsa
Tight lash I like it.

-
Back