Some advice, opinions, & taste wanted

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
F bodies (Sorry I don't have an A-body yet) NO concern for matching originality

Is the 833 tail shaft similar to a bodies or b bodies or different?

Do you guys like the 76/77 or 78/79 Aspen grill better?

Which body kit appealed to you guys the most?

What about a DIFFERENT front air damn?

Which would you prefer? Flat black or gloss black on a grill?

If I have salt air, Do you think clear coat spray over the chrome bumpers is a good idea?
( I have to park near the ocean for work daily.)
Do you think Black Rustolium will would be alright for undercarriage paint?

What about clear coat over the shiny metal trim?
What Rims? Clear coat? (Ansen Sprints, Magnum 500's, Torque Thrust D's, Super Coupe Rims)

Red car with black accents or black (gloss or semi gloss) car?

The car will start off with a cheap 360 & 833 & the 8 1/4 from a rusted out Volare Roadrunner E-58 360-whatever gears THAT came with.

Die hard A-body fans hate all you want! I wanna hear some smack talk! (after advice of course):burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

F-bodies are cool cars and fun to build ....I have had a few ....the only problem with them is their re-sale value.

they never get what they deserve on the market.

if you are going to sell and that is a goal ...then run

if you are building a cool car to build for the passion of it ......the best wishes and no matter what you do to it ....it will look awesome .....the super coupe look was pretty neat factory package or the side window louvers were very cool

my idea of a cool one was always black with red accents ......and I always liked the 76/7 aspen grille

nothing wrong with an 8 1/4 ...it probably already has decent gears ...I had a 77 sunroof car with a 318 and it had an 8 1/4 with 3.23 gears ....factory

If I (or anyone else here who needs it) have to sell a car, the junior sailors on base have burning holes in their pockets and would scoop one up for 6 grand easy. Those turkeys will buy a truck, all maxed out, on a calculated budget, (living in the barracks) and not have enough money for gas unless their buddy spots them. They mostly go for tall pickups with mud tires here though. The 3 towns here have more restaurants per capita (sp?) than most towns could support by more than twice.

But alas, this is going to be my @$$H0L3 car that I have fun in. That's the name of the vehicle.

your making me wish I had kept this one ....it was a bit rough but I had nice plans for it ...ended up trading it off because I have too many projects ......but I had thought it would have been cool ...these are actually great cars with good looks .......much under appreciated ....when I was trying to sell it to thin the herd I could hardly give it away.

but now they are getting really hard to find......I had a wagon version of this same car too.

the factory dashes on these cars are not too bad ....I always thought this dash looked kinda GM but oh well ...it was the late 70s strange stuffs happened then

Attachments

• CIMG0646.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 164
  • CIMG0673.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 180
I would love to find a cheap 4 speed V8 F-body beater!
even an overdrive with 2:45 8 1/4 2bbl 318

No smack talk here, I've owned 3 80 Aspens, 2 of which I owned TWICE! Fun cars and cheap and easy to hop up. Leave all the flairs and crap off, much cleaner looking to me. My black R/T only had the three piece rear spoiler, that's all I would add.

Black with the red stripe/accents. That's what my '76 was. Sharp car. One of the ones I wish I'd kept. E58 (or E5-whatever, 360-4v)/sunroof/buckets car. Oh well. I think '76 grille looks better, not sure about flat or gloss, but I think I'd lean toward flat with glossy/factory body paint.

Mine had just the trunk spoiler and the side window louvers, I think that's all they need.

Looking forward to seeing this build, wherever you post it.

Wow Grey! Enough questions in a post?!?!
LOLOLOLOL!!!
I'm going to answer within the quote. It makes it a bit easier with the I-phone.

F bodies (Sorry I don't have an A-body yet) NO concern for matching originality

Is the 833 tail shaft similar to a bodies or b bodies or different?
same length between the A&F, the B & E are the same length and adaptable. Check big block darts tech if a search here doesn't turn up a few threads

Do you guys like the 76/77 or 78/79 Aspen grill better?
drivers choice really
Which body kit appealed to you guys the most
I like the R/T

What about a DIFFERENT front air damn?

different how?

Which would you prefer? Flat black or gloss black on a grill?
Satin/semi gloss
If I have salt air, Do you think clear coat spray over the chrome bumpers is a good idea?
( I have to park near the ocean for work daily.)
heavy coat of wax, the clear will look odd IMO
Do you think Black Rustolium will would be alright for undercarriage paint?

no, it'll just get sand blasted from road debrise, try a rubberized coating from the can as the min. Protection
What about clear coat over the shiny metal trim?
What Rims? Clear coat? (Ansen Sprints, Magnum 500's, Torque Thrust D's, Super Coupe Rims)
most clear coats will look good for a short time where the. It wears away and you wish you didn't do it when it goes worn. If this is a beater that you want to look as good as possible on the cheap, the wheels can be cleaned up and sprayed with aluminum paint color and then cleared but the trim work is your call.

Red car with black accents or black (gloss or semi gloss) car?
semi gloss at max to slightly flat satin which for me works great

The car will start off with a cheap 360 & 833 & the 8 1/4 from a rusted out Volare Roadrunner E-58 360-whatever gears THAT came with.
overdrive 4spd?
Die hard A-body fans hate all you want! I wanna hear some smack talk! (after advice of course):burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Only if the body is good.... LOL
ENJOY!

Take the car to the local scrap yard for cash. Use the extra money you were going to spend on parts and buy an a-body.

Or ask all these questions on " For F-Bodies Only". Maybe pics would have gotten you more positive replies. I did a couple of F-bodies years back. Lost my *** on them. It seams like the more you do the less there worth. Just Junk it.

A lot of the B-body guys say to junk our A-bodies and buy a B-body too.

If the goal is to make money, then an F is almost always a losing battle. If it's because of actually liking the car, and it's a good starting point, then that's not a bad thing.

John, you know who has a factory 360 4 speed Aspen wagon but it's gonna rot into the ground.

I would genuinely love to have an Aspen/Volare, preferably a Roadrunner/RT or a wagon, but whatever. Just gotta be real careful what you start with or you're underwater as you turn the first wrench.

-
Back