Some British Humour

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In the UK, some supermarkets have admitted that there is horse meat in their home cooked burgers

Even places like Burger King have had to admit that there are "small amounts" of horse meat in their burgers.

Tesco is a big supermarket chain in the UK. Within hours of the news that Tesco's 'all beef hamburgers' contained 30% horse meat, the following quips hit the Internet:

I'm so hungry, I could eat a horse. I guess Tesco just listened!

Anyone want a burger from Tesco? Yay or neigh?

Not entirely sure how Tesco is going to get over this hurdle.

Had some burgers from Tesco for supper last night. I still have a bit between my teeth.

A woman has been taken into hospital after eating horse meat burgers from Tesco. Her condition is listed as stable

Tesco are now testing all their vegetarian burgers for traces of unicorn.

I've just checked the Tesco burgers in my freezer.. "AND THEY'RE OFF!"

Tesco is now forced to deny the presence of zebra in burgers, as shoppers confuse Barcodes for serving suggestions.

I said to my spouse, "These Tesco burgers give me the trots”.

"To beef or not to beef, that is equestrian"!

A cow walks into a bar. Barman says, "Why the long face?” Cow says, "Illegal ingredients are coming over here stealing our jobs!"

I hear the smaller version of those Tesco burgers make great horse d'oeuvres.

These Tesco burger jokes are going on a bit. Talk about flogging a dead horse.

Since they're selling the meat wrapped in plastic, is that technically a "Trojan Horse?"

Instead of choosing "rare, medium or well done, it's now Win, Place or Show"

Like the title says.................Those jokes are probably really funny in Britain where horse is the main course??????????:rofl::rofl::rofl: of course of course of course!!!!

why is this in the funny sections?

some of my fondest childhood memories are from days when my grandma would watch us kids while my parents worked
we would come home from school for lunch and the entire house would have this sweet savor of the meat grandma was cooking in a large cast iron skillet (mom never used skillets)
wasnt until dad got home around 5 that we actually got to sit down and eat this dark stringy, sweet tasting meat that we later found out to be horse

Grandma has been dead for several years now, but each time i go back home, i make sure i eat some "zoervlies" while im there

Limburgs-zoervleisj.jpg

some of my fondest childhood memories are from days when my grandma would watch us kids while my parents worked
we would come home from school for lunch and the entire house would have this sweet savor of the meat grandma was cooking in a large cast iron skillet (mom never used skillets)
wasnt until dad got home around 5 that we actually got to sit down and eat this dark stringy, sweet tasting meat that we later found out to be horse

Grandma has been dead for several years now, but each time i go back home, i make sure i eat some "zoervlies" while im there

Just don't eat at this guy's place!!!!
View attachment 1715870080

My ex wife is British. Just the kind of humor I'd expect from the Brits. They have a way of sliding the funny stuff right in there!!

Thanks for the laughs!!

View attachment 1715870080
Does it trot to the table by itself?

Good laughs fore sure. We all eat different things that we were brought up with that other people think is weird. But hey if you say it’s good I’ll give it a go, like my mom always said you can’t say you don’t like until you give it an honest try. Grew up in a family that used very little garlic if any, my wife’s family used it extensively took a while but now bitchin because there’s not enough. LOL

Like the title says.................Those jokes are probably really funny in Britain where horse is the main course??????????:rofl::rofl::rofl: of course of course of course!!!!

Been to the U.K. 4 times now and mostly ate in the pubs and to my knowledge I've never eaten horse and doubt whether I would ask for it either. I believe it's considered a delicacy in France though and Holland according to DIY.

Good laughs fore sure. We all eat different things that we were brought up with that other people think is weird. But hey if you say it’s good I’ll give it a go, like my mom always said you can’t say you don’t like until you give it an honest try. Grew up in a family that used very little garlic if any, my wife’s family used it extensively took a while but now bitchin because there’s not enough. LOL
We were on a farm tour years ago. We stopped at an Emu and Ostrich farm and they were sampling Ostrich. My wife and Father-in-Law tried it but I didn't. Wouldn't eat anything that ugly same as moose

We were on a farm tour years ago. We stopped at an Emu and Ostrich farm and they were sampling Ostrich. My wife and Father-in-Law tried it but I didn't. Wouldn't eat anything that ugly same as moose
Moose meat, please don’t try it there’s really not enough to go around as it is. Very similar to beef but way tastier

No worries Murray. Don't eat venison either so you're safe.
Personal preference is what it’s about. Love my wild meats. Where I live my meat walks up to the back door. A little work and supper served. Sure takes a huge chunk out of the grocery bill. And very tasty. I guess a lot of it is what you grew up with.

I tried buffalo in North Dakota. Loved it! I also found out the difference between buffalo and bison.
Buffalo is the big animal and bison is where the Australians wash their face.

I believe it's considered a delicacy in France though and Holland according to DIY.

I'm not sure if delicacy is the right word

I love it because I grew up with it and because of the memories it brings back, but it is not as widely eaten as it used to be

Even the dish I posted a picture off, which is traditionally made with horse is commonly served with beef nowadays

On the bright side, while I wasnlooking for a picture of that dish I did find a mail-order company that sells it (the real version, made with horse) in 10 pound buckets...i just got to figure out how to get them to ship it to the US

id love to have some of that on hand, in case the broncos ever make it to the superbowl

ps_X0001220_1421_1983_0.jpg

-
Back