some kid tap danced on the roof

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
'67 Dart, it was a vinyl top car, just surface rust but it is pretty banged up looks like a kid played on it. Looking at it to buy as a project. Cheap enough car. The roof is the only concern.
Can I get the roof back flat enough for a vinyl top, shrinking with a rosebud and some filler?? I have no way to try to transfer a pic here.
I have no desire to cut and weld on another donor roof.

Click on Upload photos on the lower right.

Click on Upload photos on the lower right.
Ha. I have a pic in a FB message and I have no idea how to put it in a file. Do I look like a compuetr geek!! No! Anyway we agreed to a deal and he will meet me halfway from N E Ok. A good builder with a ton of new parts. I am happy.

Great to hear! Vinyl top can hide a multitude of signs! Both in a good way or a bad way!

Cley

I have never liked the vinyl roof ever. Now days I see so many of those cars where the roof is GONE!!!! This car is way up in North Ok and I am way down in SE Tx and we are meeting half way and I am buying off the usual sorry pics and a description. I have SWORE to never buy again off a description unless the seller has prove he has restored at least a few cars!!!!!! LOL
If guys can chop tops on hotrods surely I can fix this sucker!!!!!!! LOL

I can't ind the pics now, they came by way of FM Messenger. Not the first time such has vanished off there. No worry. Headed to meet him halfway Mon. 9hr on the road. Tx govnor might have the state closed down again then, but not like we can't take lunch!!!! lol

There is a metal corrugated angle grinder disk that is supposed to shrink metal by generating its own heat. Im sure you can get under it and pound them out and allow the disk to do its job tightening the metal. Glue another vinyl top on it and cruise. Texas is huge, LA to El Paso is half way to San Antonio!

There is a metal corrugated angle grinder disk that is supposed to shrink metal by generating its own heat. Im sure you can get under it and pound them out and allow the disk to do its job tightening the metal. Glue another vinyl top on it and cruise. Texas is huge, LA to El Paso is half way to San Antonio!
I will have to look for that disc!
We will meet at Pari Tx near Ok line, he is way up in N E corner of Ok.
Texas toooooo big.
Wife's oldest son lives in El Paso it is like 18 hrs to there one way! If you are I10 and not running 90 you will get run over.

Paris, Tx? My Mom and Dad met in college there, Mom grew up in a 2 horse town 25 miles east of there, Clarksville. Visited there in July.....WTH?

-
Back