some people...CG's

-

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't resist...

I got home from work tonight and was out in my garage.
I was admirering my work on my 67 Barracuda front suspension, when my neighbors friend walked up and said:
Wow, nice 350 you got there! (here after known as CG=chevy guy)!
Me: NO its not a 350!
CG...oh, well its a nice 305 or 302!
Me: No it is neither of those,it's a 360 based 416 stroker motor. 501hp,498 TQ.
CG...is that a HOLLEY?
Me: yes, it is a Holley 750 Double Pumper.
CG...Oh you better be careful in setting up the jets, you need to make the front richer than the rear!
Me: This is a 501 HP motor, Dyno tuned already with all that taken care of, I just put it in my car and drive away.
CG...Are you going to be putting it in your car soon?
Me: Looking at my complete front suspension laying on the floor of my garage where we are talking, I tell him it will be a while before I'm ready to install the motor.
CG...Call me when you are ready to put it in as I want to come over and help you!
By the way, my truck needs some front end work, could you help me fix it? I notice you have a lot of tools here!
Me: GOOD NIGHT! (close garage door and I must remember to talk to my neighbor abt his chevy friend!)

CudaMike13

My dad had a 69 Challenger....

Sounds like he was just just trying to be friendly. Not everyone is a car person.

can't fix stupid!!!!!!! so just roll with it--Steve

Be sure to share with him the value of a clean and properly tuned muffler bearing........most CG already know about that super tuning tech stuff......

Sorry.....I digress......that ain't right! Just smile and nod your head!

Once they know you have tools, a place to use them, and most importantly, the knowledge to work with them, many become more "interested" and "friendly" with you and your project. :)

Grant

I hope he was not getting a good look just to rob you..
sounds to me he could be or...
was...... putting the con on, but maybe not.
it sound like he is not over 17 years old.. ok maybe 25 :D

I worry about folks getting hurt on my property, law suit :wack:

Sounds like he was just just trying to be friendly. Not everyone is a car person.

Exactly. You didn't get where you are (Mopar-wize and mechanically) overnight, did you?

Just don't be the 'Mopar snob' who doesn't have time for anyone else but his little clique.

Dallas

Keep your new CG freind there and please don't send him my way! lol!!!!!

Hey I went to a friends house one nite,CG ownes a '68 Nova,and he has two boys.The boys are 18 and 20,they had some friends over drinking.I told my friend I wanted to take him for a ride(in my '80 Diplomat,two door hardtop,buckets,console and a 408/518 combo).None of the "kids" there every heard of a Diplomat,let-a-lone see one "fry at the roll of the toe".Morale of the story, every Chev guy I know in narrow minded and they teach their kids the same thing,if it ain't a 350 their lost.Oh yeh, now he KNOWS he can't touch that 'ol Dip of mine.One last thing,my nine year old knows a chev from a ford from a toyota,a small block from a big block,two wheel drive from a 4x4,standard from auto.It's all in what their taught.

So glad I live in the sticks.......and have a fully fenced in yard.......

I worry about folks getting hurt on my property, law suit ...

let me get this straight... they come over to your place on their own accord and hurt themselves and you get sued?

Man I am glad I live in Canada

Ok, this guys just stuck in his little corner of the world! It sounds like he wanted to appear car smart to try to impress you, then when he saw what you were doing he wanted help (otherwise known as - you do his whole job for free!):banghead:

I know several, one is stuck in Ferd mode. Thinks everything has to have a 351 Cleveland! We have some real winners in our neighborhood too, you can just be checking fluids and they are right there. "What did you break?" "what's wrong?" "Well I've done this before! You have to squint your left eye, stick your tounge out just so, hold your breath for x amount of time...."
And Rob and I realize we lost them sometime shortly after "What..." as we roll our eyes at eachother!! :banghead:

I have to confess though (against Rob's better judgement!): I do own a 4th Generation Camaro! (1993 1/2) 6 cyl, I always wanted a Camaro. Had the cash 5 years ago and bought it.
But don't call me a CG unless it means Car Gal :D

I've had several makes since I was a kid, but MOPARs have a very special place in my heart and memories (all good ones!) I told Rob I want my own 74ish Dart! We don't need a garage, we need a big pole barn!

Don't worry I'm not ranting, I just love cars in general. I can't wait until Rob has his fish!! I can't do everything I would like to, but can't wait to help on things i can do. The really good thing, we are passing this love for cars on to our two boys! Even though my oldest doesn't live with us... Today we drove past an antique auto auction and Gage couldn't wait to see it! Will was at his first car show before he was 3 months old.

Ok,have a good Sunday or Monday depending on where in the world you are!

I totally know what you mean. I used to be the same way. Then I moved. There is a severe shortage of car guys where I live now. Everyone I know drives a diesel jetta or a subaru of some type.

Let's put it this way, when a guy with a triumph spitfire showed up and wanted to talk cars, I invited him in, handed him a beer and we started swapping lies. :)

Let's just say I have learned a lot about British sports cars and he has learned a lot about mopars. And turning wrenches is turning wrenches, no matter what you are working on.

There are events that turn neighbors into blessings. We can pray all day that something terrible doesn't happen on our street but if it does happen....
When it happened here, none had a route out to the rest of the world. One neighbor had power, another had groceries, another had beer, only one had a chain saw. Yes we pooled our resouces. I'm glad there were no bad bones between any of us.
Life isn't all about today.

-
Back