Some slant six valve covers

-
Looks like a 225 Commando!
That air cleaner is another favorite of mine. A bit too small for a 340 or larger motor, but just fine for a slant six or my 56 Plymouth 277 poly.

1679359047561.png

I have the Aussie Speed cover. It is heavy, but really straight and true, large sealing surface for any gasket. Looks fantastic as well.

Not sure where Offy is having their stuff made, I guess it would surprise me if it was US made.
I got an AussieSpeed one a couple of months ago, it's well made.
With prices for new stuff I thought the 125 I was asking for my D.C. chrome cover was more than fair.
Try to find another one.

Well, Offy's web site has this logo:

MadeInAmerica-copy.png

Offenhauser - The Greatest Name In Racing
"Offenhauser was founded in 1946, by Fred C. Offenhauser, and has operated solely under the control of family members since its formation. He was inducted into the SEMA Hall of Fame in 2014 (Specialty Equipment Market Association ) posthumously. Fred passed away in 1992 and left the business to his two sons, Tay and Jim."

Doesn't really answer any questions about present day quality, I suppose. But it does look like their stuff is made here in the USA, by the same family since just after WWII.

I called last year and spoke to a gentleman on the phone about the 3 port fuel log.
He was very nice, found one at one of their suppliers.
It would be cool to stop in and see what is going on there.

If @CudaChick1968 will chime in, she can give you a detailed response about the current line of the Offy slant 6 valve covers. She stays pretty busy though. Leanna you out there?

If @CudaChick1968 will chime in, she can give you a detailed response about the current line of the Offy slant 6 valve covers. She stays pretty busy though. Leanna you out there?

I don't have any current info but encourage you all to check out their Instagram page. It seemed to be lively the last time I checked in.
Offenhauser Sales Corp (@offenhauserco) • Instagram photos and videos

I'm starting the bodywork on @65 Dartman Don's slant 6 intake on Monday.

So I got another jewel this weekend from Mopar Mark in MO.
I think this is a Chrysler Marine cover.
There was a listing for this cover in the 1966 High Performance Catalog.
E8029M
List price was $10.85.
I installed the 2 breathers, that weight is included.
Chrysler Parts E8092M (1).jpeg

Chrysler Parts E8092M (2).jpeg

-
Back