Some time you just get blind side!

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
I spent 3 week getting ready for this Race! A note book with my "to do list" in the garage, that keep getting bigger, even though i keep checking things off. A sticky note in my work truck, to remind me of what i need to bring home each night. And yet another one on the center console of my Cuda. I WAS READY!!!!!! We spent the night in the parking lot. got up at 7:30am, payed my fees at the ticket stand, pitted, unloaded car and drove up to the tech station. I was righting on my tech card when the tech official informed me that it wasn't a regular bracket night.
I drove to RMR in Utah to find out that it wasn't the bracket racing week end but a special NHRA sportsman series meet.

All I wanted was a 1/4 mile ET!!! My car is not Stock so i couldn't race that class. All the rest required a role bar, fire suit and or a licence. All of which i DID NOT HAVE!

They ended up giving me my money back, letting me keep my car in the pits and then pay to get me and my wife back in as spectators. :pale:

Well hell if all you wanted was "ET" couldn't they have put "ET only" on the window and let you make a few runs?

We talked many options but at the end it was NO and they will give you your money back.

A similar thing happened last month, a lot of relatives were down(or up, California, Florida) for our wedding and the day before all the guys we're going to go down to the track and we had everything ready and trailered the car down. a friend a couple hours away brought his enclosed trailer with his 10 second duster through Friday rush hour traffic no less. We got there and they had changed the schedule apparently unannounced and there were road racing on the main track. We use it's straight for drag racing. Oh we thought about it, but not with the front skinnys.

A similar thing happened last month, a lot of relatives were down(or up, California, Florida) for our wedding and the day before all the guys we're going to go down to the track and we had everything ready and trailered the car down. a friend a couple hours away brought his enclosed trailer with his 10 second duster through Friday rush hour traffic no less. We got there and they had changed the schedule apparently unannounced and there were road racing on the main track. We use it's straight for drag racing. Oh we thought about it, but not with the front skinnys.

LOL yeah i don't think the 1/4 would have made up for the rest of the course.

I raced there for 10 + years! The Night of Fire was all ways the "Bracket Racing ET finals"! But not this year. When i called they said Saturday was only time trials for the race on Sunday. and that i would get three runs in. I though GRATE that's all i need!!!!!:violent1:

I did go to some circuit race of some kind there a long time ago ? It was like an open class of sorts I guess..... anyways there was Porsche, rabbits, Corvettes, ect. But there was a 69 dz 302 Camaro that would come out of the last corner on to the straightaway (the dragstrip!) In second gear and punch it into a second gear left hand drift - then third gear drifting to the right - forth to the left again. All the while passing about ten cars on the straightaway and loosing six by the time he would come out of the corners.
he won - not a mopar story, it was fun to watch :D

I did go to some circuit race of some kind there a long time ago ? It was like an open class of sorts I guess..... anyways there was Porsche, rabbits, Corvettes, ect. But there was a 69 dz 302 Camaro that would come out of the last corner on to the straightaway (the dragstrip!) In second gear and punch it into a second gear left hand drift - then third gear drifting to the right - forth to the left again. All the while passing about ten cars on the straightaway and loosing six by the time he would come out of the corners.
he won - not a mopar story, it was fun to watch :D

consider yourself lucky! Tulsa wouldn`t have given your $$ back !!

That's a bummer. We trailered a dragster up to a track a hour away last year only to pull up to a locked gate. Now I call no matter what.

-
Back