Somebody get the spelling police !

-
I have made profitable flips on ebay by bidding on listings from illiterates who can't spell "Edelbrock" or "carburetor". The funniest are ones where they have a photo with an Edelbrock label (correctly spelled). I feel a little bad preying on the uneducated, just a little. Kind of bored with it, so feel free to try.

That's what happens when you have to dumb it down to make everyone feel good about themselves. Just think some day some of these people could be in politics and make the system even worse.

Oh, my bad, he added pictures.

$4500 for this ?

Attachments

• 01515_20uBQU6dqI6_600x450.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 177
Rusty sand wheels huh? :D
Better have pretty nice motor, and it seems to me that he could have at least painted the whole thing black.
It would sell easier.

I was looking for a carburetor on Craigslist and put the word carburetor in, about 5. I put the word carb in and got hundreds. no one could spell carburetor!

"I bougt this car as protect"

so...did he buy the car so it could protect him, or so he could protect it???

I have made profitable flips on ebay by bidding on listings from illiterates who can't spell "Edelbrock" or "carburetor". The funniest are ones where they have a photo with an Edelbrock label (correctly spelled). I feel a little bad preying on the uneducated, just a little. Kind of bored with it, so feel free to try.

Are you the guy who boo's at the special Olympics? LOL

This says it all.

But I get three!

Attachments

• walmart-sign.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 154
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

maybe abbreviations are in order? dist. for the distributor ( dizzy). chal. for challenger ( chally), etc????? LOL

i'm glad I've had my protein ( organic, grass fed), today, it mellows me out!? LOL

Break's?
The use of "literally" where it has no meaning is also annoying.
I work at a university among lots of people with advanced degrees, and a good percentage of them have poor or just lazy writing skills. (Can one have poor skills?) Easily half the e mails and even articles I see have typos or poor sentence structure. The sad thing is that it is tolerated and sets a bad example for students. Look at an article written on the web, even in print today, and read anything from 40 or more years ago. Editors back then simply did not tolerate poor punctuation and spelling, let alone lousy sentence structure. Today, I expect such things in writing.
If you went to Catholic school, and are over 50, you know that I'm right, and my writing is good, so I have room to talk.
Even the farmers in Pixley would be embarrassed. I hope I spelled embarrassed correctly.

Little typo there 64.LOL. I deal with people all the time. You think spelling and punctuation and grammer are a problem. I can hardly communicate verbally with some of these people. I have told people flat out I have no clue what you just said. Then I mention the eight thousand dollars a year it cost me to teach them. I tell them I want my money back.

Ever read Forrest Gump? That is a tough read as its all phonetic southern drawl. Ipads with auto correct make people look pretty lame too, completely random words in a sentence.

Break's?
The use of "literally" where it has no meaning is also annoying.
I work at a university among lots of people with advanced degrees, and a good percentage of them have poor or just lazy writing skills. (Can one have poor skills?) Easily half the e mails and even articles I see have typos or poor sentence structure. The sad thing is that it is tolerated and sets a bad example for students. Look at an article written on the web, even in print today, and read anything from 40 or more years ago. Editors back then simply did not tolerate poor punctuation and spelling, let alone lousy sentence structure. Today, I expect such things in writing.
If you went to Catholic school, and are over 50, you know that I'm right, and my writing is good, so I have room to talk.
Even the farmers in Pixley would be embarrassed. I hope I spelled embarrassed correctly.

I once qouted a sociology journal in one of my research papers. The quote had a misspelled word in it just like the rest of the journal and I was penalized for the misspelling. The professor was a prick and unfortunately since that was my major out paths crossed often.

In the originally posted ad, reading through it, it seems to me more of a case of English possibly not being his first language. We have a LOT of Canadians on this site who do very well, but also use incorrect words and phrasing, yet we all understand them.

We also have other members whose first language is not English and you'd never know it. Rani comes to mind.

The ad, while incorrect, is understandable. Yall never know someone's situation, yet some of you sure are quick to jump in and judge. I think some of yall should find other things to do rather than laughing at other people like a bunch of low lifes.

Thank you RRR, you took the words out of my mouth. To be 100% honest, my mother talks and occasionally, spells the same way. She comes from Spain, spanish is her 1st language and she stuck with it most of her life and yet, she is a computer engineer. This kind of ignorance drives me ape **** bananas!

We were making fun of someone else's "Ignorance" and being "Judgmental"
Lets don't get who is doing what mixed up there. :D

I don't have anything mixed up. I know exactly who was being made fun of.

Guy mightta had a stroke. Might be autistic. Might have down's syndrome. Could be any number of things, yet people sit on their pedestal as if they've never made a grammatical error. Makes me sick.

I don't have anything mixed up. I know exactly who was being made fun of.

Guy mightta had a stroke. Might be autistic. Might have down's syndrome. Could be any number of things, yet people sit on their pedestal as if they've never made a grammatical error. Makes me sick.

He might have had any of the above and that is what it is.
This kind of reminds me of a when a smoker quits, and then starts bitching about other people smoking.

I know, I know, Ignore list right? :D

-
Back