someone stole my disributor!!!!!!!!!

-

mwls73duster360

Bad as Buddy Holly
Reaction score
:mumum: so yesterday I went to go to work and the car wouldn't start. spent 20min trying to get it to work until I noticed there was nothing under my cap and wires. I don't know what kind of pos would do this. well after all day calling parts stores I finally found one with a distributor. The thing is its an HEI conversion. It is the big cap kind and barely fit in. Then I couldn't get the rottor to line up to number one. So I found top dead center then rotated my firing order. Now it starts and runs but there is still a small miss. I cant figure it out. Timing is set at 12 advanced idling at 700 rpms. this is a 91 360 in my 72 duster. I gaped my plugs at .45. Any ideas im chevy dumb.:banghead:

also do I hook the vacuum advance up or is it mechanical the instructions don't mention one in it.

One reason why I removed my grill mount hood latch off and now have a pull cable from a truck on my 66, But that is not going to help you now.. so sorry to hear a ssoab would steal parts off your car gould one of your plugs be gas fowled after spinning it over with no spark ? or is the gap to wide for your new distributor or do you have a vacuum pod not moving far enough

vacuum is currently hooked up I didn't notice any fowling when I gapped them for this but can recheck. I read on here most people gapped them at 50 with these so should I open them up more? Also in other post with these things people talked about them being mechanical advance. It is the same one skip white and procomp sells.

if it does have vacuum advance do you know which way to turn the allen in the pod to advance it more lol haven't had to do this in awhile.

Someone stole your distributor??? WTF is up with people. That sucks, maybe you should get a low-life eating dog. I know the feeling, now you're gonna be worried about your car all the time. That just sucks big time.

What kind of idiot steals a distributor from a running car?? Makes my blood boils just honking about it!! Sorry to hear this, and yes, the big crackhead eating dog is a must now!! Geof

Seems like a somewhat specific theft. Almost sounds like maybe it could be someone you know. I would be askin around.

If you think it is someone you know I wouldn't say a think the guilty party will expose themselve by asking you if you have any ideas who took it. I had some stuff stolen from me a while back and I was pretty sure I knew who did it but couldn't prove it. I didn't tell a single person about it, then one day about a week later the individual I had suspected came up to me and asked if I had found out who stole my stuff.
I looked at him and stated I do know. I never got my stuff back but I pretty much ruined his name around this area.
Anyway that sucks to hear.

Wow, just wow. I agree, it's someone you know or have showed your car to before.

If I was just a run-of-the-mill-thief and was able to get under the hood, the distributor would've prob been the last thing on my list.....start with carb, valve covers....go from there.

Double chk your firing order just in case (It happens)
Also take a good look at the rotor, because they are prone to the spark burning right through it to the distributor shaft.
May want to replace it anyway just in case.

If you think it is someone you know I wouldn't say a think the guilty party will expose themselve by asking you if you have any ideas who took it. I had some stuff stolen from me a while back and I was pretty sure I knew who did it but couldn't prove it. I didn't tell a single person about it, then one day about a week later the individual I had suspected came up to me and asked if I had found out who stole my stuff.
I looked at him and stated I do know. I never got my stuff back but I pretty much ruined his name around this area.
Anyway that sucks to hear.

I would venture to say he ruined his own name.

I don't think it's anyone I know. I can't think of anyone that doesn't like me. I figure it's some one that's saw the car there and needed it for a truck or something. Maybe one of my *** neighbors told a friend to do it. They wouldn't even know how them self's the yuppys. Lol I don't think it was them though they are nice just stuck up.

Someone staling from you is not good. Just ask oldmanmopar about it. See, his dog took care of his thief! Dog even had DNA proof so no questions about it! LOL

Sucks the stole your distributor! Once you get the situation resolved its time for you to get a couple links of chain and a good lock to secure that hood. Also anti theft door locks just in case.
The world is full of low life no-good dirty Bastards that are out to steal your stuff. We have had home robberies during the day and car break ins at night. I've had stuff taken. I don't sleep we'll at night anyhow..... But now I sleep near the window with one eye open and ears listening....
Rifle loaded and ready plus a good Ol' Louisville Slugger ready to send them within an inch of their life. Hopefully they get smart and stop. I confronted them last time with my rifle and they dropped my stuff and haven't been back since. Hopefully they don't come back and I don't have to go there......... But you gotta do what you must and stand up or they keep coming back.

In addition to hood lock, anti theft door knobs, wheel locks, I have a steering wheel lock, brake pedal lock and a steering column lock. Also an alarm with ignition kill. So much stuff to go thru they will go to some one else's car. My B&M shifter I drilled and added a bolt lock so its stuck in park. I'm also in the planning stages for the original radio that I don't use. Going to run ignition power thru there and make it so you have to dial it to a specific station and turn it on in order to get power to the ignition. No dumb sh*t will be ever able to figure that out.

Maybe your boss was mad you beat that Vette so he thought it would make his car faster lmao!!!

That really sucks, never heard of anybody stealing a dizzy like that before.....think it is time for an inside hood release upgrade.

-
Back