Somewhere Between Max Wedge and Std Port

-

Fast01

Reaction score
Ok, I "acquired" a pair of MP Chapman Stage VI's, standard port size.....or so I thought. Lol! It seems the "standard" gasket is a good bit smaller than the port size. The port seems to be somewhere between a standard and a max wedge size. I measure roughly 2.43"x1.29". MP makes a Stage VI specific valley pan and gasket, but I can't find info in the port opening size on those. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated!

I always open the gasket up to match the port, that is the way I was taught way back and I still do it today.

I always open the gasket up to match the port, that is the way I was taught way back and I still do it today.
Yeah, that's what I've always done, but I was wondering if there is an "in between" gasket available or if anyone knows the size of the MP gaskets. I guess it all boils down to my being lazy and not wanting to do what I know needs to be done!

Ok, I "acquired" a pair of MP Chapman Stage VI's, standard port size.....or so I thought. Lol! It seems the "standard" gasket is a good bit smaller than the port size. The port seems to be somewhere between a standard and a max wedge size. I measure roughly 2.43"x1.29". MP makes a Stage VI specific valley pan and gasket, but I can't find info in the port opening size on those. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated!

I keep the Mopar Performance P5249433 intake gaskets here at the shop because I can easily cut them to any size for almost any head/intake combination. OOTB they are 1.200" X 2.220"

Mopar Performance Intake Manifold Gaskets P5249433

You don't need to open up the port opening in the gasket if your intake is still the standard size. If you've gone to the effort of porting your intake to match the heads then opening up the gasket wouldn't be much additional work.

You don't need to open up the port opening in the gasket if your intake is still the standard size. If you've gone to the effort of porting your intake to match the heads then opening up the gasket wouldn't be much additional work.
Yup, it all boils down to my being lazy. Lol! I would never run the intake without opening it up and have every intent on doing so, but here I am crying about trimming the gasket. Probably should've thought it through before I posted!

It is going to take hours of work to port match the intake so modifying the gasket seems like the small task. Not sure which engine you are working with but a Mopar 337 intake might save you some time. They are supposed to be a MW size intake but they run a little small so they might fit your weird size heads. Good luck with the project. The Stage VI heads tend to be nightmare to sort out on any engine. The Chapmans are supposed to be the best version of the Stage VI but I wouldn't be surprised to find a bunch of gotchas with them too.

It is going to take hours of work to port match the intake so modifying the gasket seems like the small task. Not sure which engine you are working with but a Mopar 337 intake might save you some time. They are supposed to be a MW size intake but they run a little small so they might fit your weird size heads. Good luck with the project. The Stage VI heads tend to be nightmare to sort out on any engine. The Chapmans are supposed to be the best version of the Stage VI but I wouldn't be surprised to find a bunch of gotchas with them too.
Ever try hughs engines gaskets? they have an intake gasket that will work w/ standard , or max wedge. They can be trimmed for either, last time I bought a pair was only $15.00.. thay fit my cnc standard ports perfectly.

Ever try hughs engines gaskets? they have an intake gasket that will work w/ standard , or max wedge. They can be trimmed for either, last time I bought a pair was only $15.00.. thay fit my cnc standard ports perfectly.
I'll give 'em a look, thanks! Hopefully the "surprises" with these are minimal, but I'm gonna send 'em over to Mike at B3 to get 'em squared away since there are no rocker stands on these.

I'll give 'em a look, thanks! Hopefully the "surprises" with these are minimal, but I'm gonna send 'em over to Mike at B3 to get 'em squared away since there are no rocker stands on these.
I picked up an intake manifold to play w/ on a home made flow checking set up I`m working on, to equalize the runners . The manifold was already gasket matched a little too tall for my hughs gaskets. I used moroso A-B epoxy to build the runners up a little. We had used it on a pair of alum. heads , yrs ago that we burned thru the runner walls, porting them. The stuff held up in the heads, and they get hotter than an intake. Just thot I`d thro that out there for the h--l of it .

-
Back