Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-

CudaChick1968

Leanna ~ The Mistress of Metal
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
After seeing Memike's light on this morning, I can relax a little bit knowing he's alive and made it through the night of severe storms we had here. Guys, it was really bad ....... and I don't say that lightly.

Trying to bust out some almost-finished work before it hit about midnight, the National Weather Service interrupted my tunes every few minutes with flash flood, severe weather and tornado watches/warnings so I knew it was coming. I got those pieces all coated and in the oven for about 10 minutes before the lights flickered a few times, and then the power went out for good. Within a few seconds it seemed, all Hell broke loose.

Crap, right in the middle of this James showed up, and now Billy's parents are here. I'll be back with pictures. The south side of my shop has a tree on it ... a BIG tree.

I was going to give you the John Wayne, "Keep your powder dry, little missy". Then the fog of coffee hit and I connected your business. So Yeah! Keep your powder dry little missy.

(Oh, and you weren't saying the in-laws coming was a bad thing, were you?) (J/K).

Yeah, it could have been worse but .... dammit!

View attachment IMG_3886.jpg

View attachment IMG_3887.jpg

View attachment IMG_3888.jpg

View attachment IMG_3891.jpg

Look how out of kilter that beam is now ...

View attachment IMG_3892.jpg

View attachment IMG_3897.jpg

View attachment IMG_3898.jpg

This is our 53' storage trailer. It's what we used to move to Tennessee from south Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina and still has 3 pallets of Billy's parents' belongings in it and car parts.

View attachment IMG_3900.jpg

This is as far as the door will open at the moment.

View attachment IMG_3901.jpg

Shot of the south woods ... a few defying gravity still but probably not for long.

View attachment IMG_3893.jpg

Talk about a flashback ........

My nerves are shot right now.

Seeing all of this in the daylight has made me realize how very lucky I was that the uprooted tree dropped exactly in between the storage trailer and the building I was in. After getting a good look at that overhead steel support beam, I might not be sitting here typing if that baby had headed a few more feet to the north.

We spent the nite in the basement.............tornado warnings out the wazoo... Glad nobody was hurt....

Sure am glad it didn't land on it Leanna! We'll keep you guys in our prayersthat nothing worse happens.

Didn't hit that hard down here just beloew the border. Looks like TN has been getting slammed lately. Hate it for your shop but like you said, at least nobody got hurt.

WoW,sorry to hear Leanna.Yes it could,ve been worse and glad nobody was hurt.Just when you were starting to get ahead too.This sucks!

P.S I,m starting to like snow in the winters more here..TeeHe.

Glad you are all ok, looks like the tree fell in the best spot it could, between the shop and trailer. Will your insurance cover the damage? Good luck getting things cleaned up

The damage is definitely bad, but on the upside, that big one squeaked by in a spot just big enough for the main trunk, smack between the trailer and the shop, without completely taking out either....I'd call that damn good luck actually!
Another upside is oak burns really well and generally goes for 200-250 bucks a cord :D at least on the west coast.

Sorry Leanna, that sucks! It does look like it could have been so much worse. Good luck on the clean-up.

YIKES! Looks like a close call for my southern nieghbours and friends. Glad your alright Leanne!

Leanna, better thank your blessings, I know this sucks but you can fix the damage of material things. It would have been a completely different story if tree had not fell exactly where it did. Thank God nobody was hurt as these storms have also taken lots of lives. We all need to remember the others that were not as lucky, Joe

You are lucky to have a steel framed building to take the major brunt of the tree. Glad everybody is OK.

I got caught in a tornado back in 1968 in Ohio.
Late for a hot date in my dad's 3 day old Coronet.

Saw a parked car get crushed by a huge oak tree 100 feet ahead of me.

Turned right and hurried out to the 11th green of a gold course.
No trees around. Spent 3 hours (after the date) at the do-it-yourself
car wash trying to remove all the mud and grass from the bottom of the car.

Now I know why we've not been able to contact each other! Seems like it hits you and then heads this way the next day or so...

I don't think that tree could have fallen in a better spot, unless it fell in the opposite direction. Glad you are OK, hope you've got insurance to cover it.
C

Damn...glad everyone is Ok...I'd bring my chainsaw and help out if I wasn't 17 hours away. Let us know if there is anything we can help with long distance.

Hang in there girl. At least no one got hurt. Hope the insurance company
won't hassle you to much over the claim.
The weather is just Shi**y all over.

Gees Speedy! Tell me you didn't stay in there during the storm. There's no protection there. Man, after your Katrina experience you should know better. ](*,)

But it's great everyone is safe. The damage doesn't look too bad compared to what might have been. You might want to consider taking down that other tree overhanging the shop though.

I hope your nerverssss are ok I know its tough,not in the same boat,but we are sick of the rain I run to my sump pump every hour just to make sure its working.sorry for the Damage.

Although that was terrible thing to happen it appears that the tree fell in the best place it could have fallen. Mother nature may actually be on your side! It's good to know nobody was hurt as a result of the tree coming down. I know it's a b*tch dealing with these sort of things because we recently had a tree come down on one of our rental houses. Between getting estimates and countless meetings with our insurance company it was a long and involved ordeal. We finally settled with a company called Paul Davis Restoration. They handled everything outside of removing the tree. There was a lot of paperwork to submit and it was a bit of a trial, but on a whole, they did an awesome job and the tenants got through it with little disruption in their lives. We had tornadoes just north of us last Saturday that killed 6 people. It is a rough time on so many different fronts right now, I'm just thankful for each day I'm on this side of the earth. Chin up, things could always be worse.

I'm glad everyone there is okay. I don't know if Mother Nature has it out for you, but my wife and I are convinced she is bi-polar.

-
Back