Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-
I felt compelled to bump this thread on the 1-year anniversary of the tornado.

It honestly put me through Hell for a few months (and out of business for five), but there's been some upgrades and improvements made along the way that we probably wouldn't have otherwise done if it wasn't for Mother Nature's "incentive."

I wanted to get the shop all clean and prettied up this week for some anniversary "before and after" pictures but didn't get that far.

Here's a few highlights though.

Trish and I working on the new roof ...

View attachment 264711_233206516703857_112791648745345_819505_3435638_n.jpg

Clearing for a new lean-to on the south side where the tree hit ...

View attachment 267232_244953655529143_112791648745345_862771_1563851_n.jpg

New roof tin in progress ...

View attachment 265152_233217963369379_112791648745345_819575_1747158_n.jpg

My new remote-controlled overhead spray rack conveniently mounted on the ceiling cable hoist -- I LOVE IT!!! (and 65Dartman's assortment of valve covers with their plastic dip setting up)

View attachment 007.jpg

New and improved work area ...

View attachment 012.jpg

Short-chick work bench I showed off before. Yeahhhh, I kinda moved in. :-D Do you recognize your box in there somewhere???

View attachment 013.jpg

Lean-to's finished ...

View attachment 294011_266785853345923_112791648745345_942245_131894_n.jpg

Now a year later, there's a few hundred feet of bubble insulation still on rolls for the walls, Billy's side has a window installed but I still have to buy mine (lol), and I want to do some more rearranging on my side. One day at a time though ... the recovery continues.

View attachment Happy 420.jpg

Thanks for walking down Memory Lane with me for a minute. It's great to know I have your support. < hugs all around > :-D

Happy Anniversary Mother Nature!

Wow...I wasn't a member here last year when this happened to you. I've got to say....y'all did a fine job of bouncing back! :prayer: I know the feeling all too well. When the remnants of Hurricane Ivan came thru the mountains of Western NC in 2004, we had a 90' Jack Pine that was 70' from the house, fall on our house at around 2 AM. Not fun to say the least! Take care....and congrats on the recovery.

I started reading this,and thought OH CHITT NOT AGAIN,then I double checked the date !!! Damn girl don't be getting me all confusaled like that !!! Anyways,HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,AND IT IS A HAPPY ONE AS YOU'VE GOT SOME NEW ADDITIONS, AND PRETTIER WEATHER !!!:hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1::hello1:

As Cindy always saysssssssss when I am down and out things always works out.So glad your doing well again Girl,PS Cin says hi.

With all the adversity yous have gone through in the past, its gonna be clear sailing from now on in.. and happy 420 :)

Grant

Congrads on making it thru. I don't know where your getting your bubblewrap, tape and boxes but I found this place pretty cheap.
http://www.starboxes.com/?gclid=CILPhqaixK8CFe5dtgodxAlibg
After the pain and trauma is over I've found alot of people look back a few years later after the repairs are done and say "it's the best thing that could have happened"

Jim

Thanks for all the support guys! It's been an interesting year to say the least, but I have no intentions of giving up now. I've already made some substantial changes for 2012 and it can only continue to get better from here! :-D

Since it's started getting warmer, I can already notice a BIG difference over last year between the new insulation on the ceiling, the southern lean-to blocking the sun beating into the shop and the tree that lost its top during the storm (what's left of it REALLY poofed up and filled out this year, creating a lot more shade).

Yesterday we moved the stuff away from the west-facing wall on his side, washed down the wall and started putting up the "double bubble" insulation.

View attachment 018 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 020 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 021 - Copy.jpg

But seeing this is what really impressed me.

This is my high tech temp gauge pointing at the bare wall tin at 2:15 p.m. ...

View attachment 016 - Copy.jpg

This is pointing at the new wall insulation at 2:16 p.m. ...

View attachment 017 - Copy.jpg

The disparity between the two became even greater the later it got into the day. By 5:30 it was a 22 degree difference between bare wall and insulation.

View attachment 022 - Copy.jpg

This is as far as we got yesterday evening before running out of F-26 construction adhesive. I should've bought my window for my side first LOL but it'll just have to be installed later I guess.

Either way, it's a big change from pre-4-20-11 and each little step makes it a little more pleasant to be out there.

The greater the temperature difference, the more your insulation is working for you. Keep it up Leanna! You are doing a good job.

Stay cool...

Nature's a mother!!!

I guess at this point you just have to look on the bright side....it could've been a lot worse.

-
Back