Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-
Same here, pitch dark at 7am and I see allot of new oak limbs on the ground here on the hill.
Looking good :glasses8: Love the 7N Ford tractor :colors:

It stopped raining after my last post yesterday. James came over and we got this far by the end of the day.

View attachment IMG_4504.jpg

View attachment IMG_4505.jpg

It was really pretty outside today so we busted ***.

A few trim pieces, seam taping and odds and ends still to go, but got the rest of the roof on! It's amazing the difference the white roof tin and new insulation made; it was 12 degrees cooler in there this morning when I opened the building than it usually is, and the walls aren't even insulated yet.

View attachment IMG_4527.jpg

View attachment IMG_4531.JPG

View attachment IMG_4533.JPG

View attachment IMG_4535.JPG

Haven't turned on the a/c since the end cap on the west wall is still missing ... the supply place couldn't order one (strange style I guess) so it has to be custom bent, and should be here by Monday at the latest. At least it didn't have to come from Houston like the friggin beam did. LOL

View attachment IMG_4536.JPG

Still a bunch of plans on the To Do List -- floor coating, wall covering, storage / organization changes, etc. -- but the next stage, the prep for the lean-to on the south side of the building, has to be postponed a bit until it dries out some. We have to move the storage trailer first and it's going to take a semi.

Meanwhile, I'm going to get my side somewhat organized again and get back to work while I can [yayyyyy!!!!!!!!]. I'll post again when there's another development.

Have you thought about painting the building in a camo scheme? If mom nature can't find it, you could be safer.

Oh Wait! Paint cute little bunnies on the sides. Nobody wants to hurt cute little bunnies.

Great to see the progress Leanna! Looks like you should be good to go in what, about 2-3 weeks?

Have you thought about painting the building in a camo scheme? If mom nature can't find it, you could be safer.

Oh Wait! Paint cute little bunnies on the sides. Nobody wants to hurt cute little bunnies.

Camo and bunnies??? Maybe I'm not awake yet, but this is all I can think of Rev .........

[ame="http://youtu.be/kN4SnQHDl5k"]http://youtu.be/kN4SnQHDl5k[/ame]

Thanks for the support guys! No idea when it will all be done (if ever -- it's like a project car LMAO) but it's terrific having this biggest hurdle over with.

Progress! Must be a releif. GLad to see things going in the right direction.

dang this is crazy. where have i been? i missed this thread. sorry to hear about your shop leanna! so tragic :( but im glad things are getting better and the new shop is looking great! keep us posted and when you get all set up and ready to powdercoat sendme a pm!

-james

Thanks James! Despite way too many interruptions (trim parts and pieces still showing up for the roof now and then), I'm back to work. There's some recent pics on one of the shop's Facebook albums here.

We've gotten some more stuff done on the shop since my last update.

The wall tin and corner / trim pieces are finished ...

View attachment IMG_4596.JPG

View attachment IMG_4598.JPG

You might also notice it dried out enough to FINALLY get the storage trailer moved out of the way; it's now 25 feet further to the west.

Billy borrowed our neighbor's box blade and did some grading and leveling for the new lean-to ... and then it rained, giving it a nice compaction.

View attachment IMG_4597.JPG

Some more shots of that fabulous new roof insulation. All the seams are now taped.

View attachment IMG_4599.JPG

I've been checking the inside temp as soon as I open the building each day. That insulation WORKS!!! It's been between 12 and 18 degrees cooler inside than it was with that old nasty, droopy fiberglass crap and I haven't finished the spray-in Great Stuff along the slab or even turned on the air conditioners yet! A third of the cost, higher performance at R19 vs. R13, and no fibers and dust floating everywhere (hadn't realized how much it bothered my sinuses until it was gone). I love it!!! You can see we bought another roll for the walls too.

View attachment IMG_4600.JPG

View attachment 247942

View attachment IMG_4603.JPG

View attachment IMG_4602.jpg

He also intends to add some gravel for an apron to the front roll up door so he graded that too. (Found about fifty pounds of dried mud on my kitchen floor so that's gonna suck for awhile LOL!!!)

Here's a shot of the finished new roof and relocated storage trailer ... a little on the pink side due to the awesome sunset.

View attachment IMG_4614.JPG

View attachment IMG_4616.JPG

But the best news I have to report customer-wise is that I'm now officially back to work with four walls and a whole roof again yayyyyyy!!! The insurance proceeds aren't going as far as we'd hoped so I'm not sure at this point if the other upgrades I mentioned and dreamed about before (epoxy coating the floor, new shelving, etc.) are really going to get done or not. We'll see .............

Congratulations Leanna :rock:
Yall have been some busy folks for sure :tongue9:
I could not stop looking at that sunset :colors:
It sure relaxed me (funny what a good picture does to the brain).

Looking good girl, now it's getting to be time to make some money.

GREAT JOB!!!!!! You're looking good........... so's the building. Things will soon be back to normal (?)

Tom

Congrats on getting back up to speed. Were you humming any paticular Elton John songs to yourself?

Thanks guys! :-D There's still a lot to do in the off hours and all this rain isn't really helping much.

Congrats on getting back up to speed. Were you humming any paticular Elton John songs to yourself?

I'm not much of a hummer but I'll belt it out with the radio while I'm working if I think nobody's watching. (James the contractor / PSC t-shirt model keeps reminding me I have a microphone and he has a new band .... but that was a lonnnnnnggg time ago.)

But since you mentioned it, there's quite a few Eltons that would've been appropriate though these last few months Rev. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me ... The Scaffold (lol) ... Hard Times ... Get Back ... Shine On Through ... I'm Still Standing ... Someone Saved My Life Tonight ... It Aint Gonna Be Easy ... Return To Paradise ... White Lady White Powder ... That's What Friends Are For ... Sacrifice ...

But you're probably thinking The ***** is Back??? LMAO!!! Indeed. :-D Now it's back to playing with the metal I'm used to.

What's the latest on your building . . . are things starting to get back to "normalcy"?? Hope so . . . you've been through alot. Best wishes!! Rog

Popdart, yesssssssss! (At least as "normal" as things around here can get anyway LOL!)

I've been back to work for uhhhhhhhhh about 3 weeks now -- it's kind of a blur. I know a LOT of people aren't happy with me about the extensive delays so I've pretty much just been putting out fires since I went back to work and trying to please the masses.

Just this morning the local Building Inspector came by to sign off on the building permit for the lean-to ... once it's built, it will free up more space in the shop and that's never a bad thing. :-D Billy's projects take up a lot of room.

I'm still totally in love with my new "double bubble" foil insulation. Not only is it about 20 degrees cooler in there this summer versus prior years, there's no more fiberglass fibers floating around everywhere irritating my sinuses -- and testing my patience when it lands on my work -- and the ceiling looks five feet taller without all that droopy nasty crap hanging up there anymore.

There's still more stuff planned but it's all being taken care of on personal time versus business hours now. Billy ordered a couple 'Low E' tinted windows for the west wall instead of a door so that'll help a lot with circulation once they get installed.

Just with the few changes made already, it's made a big difference in the workflow ... once that lean-to is up and it finally gets reorganized in there (still a huge pile of 10x2s and 4x4s right in the middle of the floor lol) it'll be like a whole new shop.

In the meantime, if anybody sees any CudaChicks for a decent price on ebay, please let me know ... I could use a few clones to catch up right about now. :-D

Thanks for checking in and for the well wishes Rog!

-
Back