Son of a BI*CH!!!!! I'd Swear Mother Nature Has It Out For Me ........

-
Great to hear you're 100% back in business, I've got a bunch of certs I'll be needing to redeem..... :toothy7:

Geeeeeeeeez, what a thoroughly crappy week!!!!!!!!!!!

My computer that I just got in December died. Back to sharing Billy's ...

Out of nearly 200 jobs, I have my first unhappy FABO customer.

After nearly six years of living out here in the sticks of the Bible Belt, we made some friends. And now they're separated, getting divorced, and he's moving to California ...... on MONDAY. If I drank I'd really be inclined to tie one on this weekend.

But the local building inspector finally signed off on the permit for the lean-to ... so at least some progress was made on something.

And now I just discovered I can't resize pictures on this computer either. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Never mind.

Out of nearly 200 jobs, I have my first unhappy FABO customer.

Sorry to hear that. New FABO person or a long-timer?

It's Friday, so I'll have one......... no........ make it several drinks for you. Please, I insist. :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:

Wylde1.

You go ahead and vent Leanna . . . . we'll take care of the drinks and support for you!! :hello2:Too bad about the unhappy customer disgust, but knowing you, you will make it right! Chin up . . . life is good!! :cheers:Rog

Earlier in this thread I mentioned one of my hoped-for upgrades was a short chick-sized work station. It was originally going to be hand built but that plan didn't work out after the contractor moved to California rather unexpectedly last month, leaving us on our own to finish up the lean-to and what was left of the knock-out list. But we got it done! The shop looks 60 feet wide from the highway now.

View attachment IMG_4948.jpg

Anyway, my good friend Richard -- you know, the local plant manager guy who helped build my 7 foot oven a couple years ago -- turned me on to a big metal table he had from one of their warehouses. Designed as a shipping station, it came with a lot of the components I had in my dream plan: Overhead and lower storage, pegboard, attached cabinetry, a yardstick, even a bubble wrap holder with guide and a 36" rotary shear cutter. Totally cool!!!

Five casters later (at a grand total expense of $30), I have my custom short chick work station. :-D I spent most of yesterday moving my stuff in and getting it organized.

View attachment IMG_5063.JPG

From initial intake to repairs to final finishing / polishing, it's pretty much all here within easy reach now. From the top, it's shop chemicals, hand tools and finish materials.

View attachment IMG_5064.JPG

64" metal yardstick built in ...

View attachment IMG_5066.JPG

This was the plastic / bubble wrap guide. With a couple 2 inch pieces welded to the tops, it's now the perfect place for my paper towels and parts hanging wire spools. Note the cool pliers holder welded up on the lower right ... yeah, it was an old shock mount. :-D

View attachment IMG_5067.JPG

6x4 slanted overhead storage, a new place for the phone / memo pads, and a great central location for a bunch of my formerly loose worktable paperwork and crap. Oh yeah, Bugs is waving -- he said to tell you Ehhhhhh what's up doc??? :-D (Yes, he still talks when you pull the string.)

View attachment IMG_5068.JPG

View attachment IMG_5074.JPG

James and Trish found this at a yard sale -- it's nearly two feet high! Anyone who knows me well can attest to the amount of chocolate milk I drink, and it's ALWAYS Hershey's. A cherished gift, I had to work it into my new and improved shop somehow and since it was a bank, I figured why not?

View attachment IMG_5072.JPG

I'm going to hack up my old 8x4 plywood work table -- already conveniently painted gray to match the rest of the shop fixtures :-D -- and use it to enclose the bottom of my table. Wish I had a router for the slidiing doors.

View attachment IMG_5069.JPG

Okay, that's it for now. A little progress is better than none, and most of the progress lately has happily been on customers' parts instead of personal stuff. But I had to share my exciting new find with my friends. Thirty bucks, and little elbow grease and customizing, and FABO has a happy CudaChick. Maybe I'm just a cheap date. :-D

Looks good Leanna! I seen that bottle of Hershey's syrup and thought,"damn what grocery store do you go to?"

Love that tip jar.. at first I thought it was for emergency all-nighters!

Short Chick Work Station - ROFLMAO!

Grant

Looks great there chicky.........
Sure wish my wife would be as thrilled with a new work bench

First thing that caught my eye was the Hershey's syrup to J-miller :coffee2:
Your work stations look great and will help get things dun without reaching or walking across the shop to get to your tools and parts needed as you work :cheers:
The lean two looks great and well dun Billy and Leanna :cheers::cheers:
On the bad feed back, there is always one out there Leanna, some folks just want something to complain about.:coffee2:
Fall is on it's way, so the heat will not be so bothersome for everyone.

Treva said thank you for the offer :coffee2: She has her own work station for her lamp parts and packing station with a photo op area to take pictures of here lamp she sell's and she enjoy's it, She got her shop built first, Creed knows who to take care of first :cheers:
I am looking at getting my small shop built in November :coffee2:

Lookin' good, Leanna! You've got be feeling much more comfortable and happy being more organized.
Had to laugh at your Hershey's jug - my wife would need that equipped with a straw, certified 'chocoholic'.

Hello Leanna, I am going to use your thread to transfer a picture of our 9 ball win night from last night on treva's computer, I need it to add to my thread,
See yall soon, Mike.

Attachments

• pool 001.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 195
Nice workbench Leanna and hey, nothing wrong with being happy about the small things in life. BTW, the shop looks great!

''Short chick work bench'' lol!
I'm a short guy, so i guess it would be a ''Short dude work bench'' too!
Nice work, good to see you are making good progress after the storm damage.

Thanks guys!!! :-D

I had to make ONE TRIP across the shop yesterday for a couple crescent wrenches out of Billy's roller box but other than that, everything I needed yesterday was right there within a few feet of my work space. I'm diggin it already! Three steps to the phone, five steps to the oven, four steps to my storage freezers where the powders are .... ahhhhhhhhhhh this is nice!

There's still a bunch of crap to move around -- all those cheesy plastic and thin metal shelves full of chemicals, nuts and bolts jars and "Billy project remnants" on my back wall need to be on his side of the shop or in the basement rather than on mine. Also considering putting up one and maybe two 'rooms' within the shop to create powder spraying and blasting areas and help keep the dust mess contained but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and for all the encouragement!

And Memike ... you gonna bring your stick to the MMW??? There's GOT to be at least one place with a 9-footer in Indy and we're long overdue for a match my friend. Congrats on your win!!!

Ha ha I gotta start the rumor. Mikes gonna beat Leanna with a stick. Lol This is what happens when you speed read.

Ha ha I gotta start the rumor. Mikes gonna beat Leanna with a stick. Lol This is what happens when you speed read.

Well then, you might as start that same rumor turned around the other way: Leanna's going after memike with a stick!
Or just cut to the chase with what's in Leanna's post: "Leanna's asking memike about his stick!" LOL

You gotta watch how you phrase things around us, Leanna, 'cause you know we're sure to take it the wrong way and turn it around.

stick + 9 (unit of measure) + long over do + my friend = WIN

Never mind.....................................

You know, when I first saw that monster Hershey bottle, I was looking for the IV tube.

Leanna: Good to see you're back up and running.

Memikeswife: Who is the guy in the white shirt??? Sorta reminds me of Cliff Clayvin from Cheers...

-
Back