Son of seed truck..

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Yep another seed truck followed me home today. It's a 72 D100 but it's pretty damn rough. I'm hoping to pass it on quickly but if not I may have to park this one out.
The good:
It has a brand new windshield a new alternator new front rotors and brakes. It has power brakes power steering and a 4 barrel intake. It looks like maybe some van seats or something it's a bench with a fold-down and an old-fashioned wooden cup holder on the backside of it. Some kind of bucket bench thing? I think it might have a brand new gas tank or at least it's been taken out and painted. It does run. it's got brand-new 31/10.5/15 back tires on it and mean they still have nubs.
The bad;
The transmission? It either could be flywheel bolts or possibly definitely the kickdown pressure isn't hooked up but I don't think that would keep it from moving unless someone already drove it that way
It hasn't had tags in a long time and the guy said he drove it home from the coast no problem.
The ugly:
The floor of the bed is 100% roached!
And the air box is completely missing. Just a one by one and a half foot hole LOL
The strange:
A Quadrajet??
I'll try one more time but I just can't get my phone to download pictures anymore.

IMG_20190407_151656.jpg
IMG_20190407_151708.jpg

Yep another seed truck followed me home today. It's a 72 D100 but it's pretty damn rough. I'm hoping to pass it on quickly but if not I may have to park this one out.
The good:
It has a brand new windshield a new alternator new front rotors and brakes. It has power brakes power steering and a 4 barrel intake. It looks like maybe some van seats or something it's a bench with a fold-down and an old-fashioned wooden cup holder on the backside of it. Some kind of bucket bench thing? I think it might have a brand new gas tank or at least it's been taken out and painted. It does run. it's got brand-new 31/10.5/15 back tires on it and mean they still have nubs.
The bad;
The transmission? It either could be flywheel bolts or possibly definitely the kickdown pressure isn't hooked up but I don't think that would keep it from moving unless someone already drove it that way
It hasn't had tags in a long time and the guy said he drove it home from the coast no problem.
The ugly:
The floor of the bed is 100% roached!
And the air box is completely missing. Just a one by one and a half foot hole LOL
The strange:
A Quadrajet??
I'll try one more time but I just can't get my phone to download pictures anymore.

Annnnnnnnnnd……a chrome air cleaner!

Nice score! Congrats!

build a 440 drag truck
Damn it! I'm already in my jammies! Now I got to put my slippers on and go see...
It's raining out damn it! LOL
they do call you people from Oregon, Ducks, don't they ? nice score, how much ? if you don't mind

Chrome……air……cleaner

Does anything else really matter? Lol

Well that was worth the trip across the wet lawn. It's an eight and three-quarter!
Now I can hardly wait to Jack it up and pray that both tires turn at the same time the same way LOL
741 case... 3.55's

my guess....

A lot of those old trucks had 489 cases in them and 3.55 gears. I did buy a 74 W150 once that had a B body rear end in it. 742 case with 3.55's.

So I have a question. I'm wondering what I would have to keep of the 72 in order to keep the title and possibly get a 78 or 79 or late 70s truck in better condition and basically retitle it. Of course not looking to do nothing illegal at all. But how much of it would I have to save? The entire cab? The dash? The doors? Obviously I would want to keep the bird bath Hood and the older Grill either way...

The cab is where the numbers are on those trucks.
Also take a picture of the seat, it sounds like it may be a seat out of a warlock or LRE, if so just the cores are selling for around $400 around here.

The cab is where the numbers are on those trucks.
Also take a picture of the seat, it sounds like it may be a seat out of a warlock or LRE, if so just the cores are selling for around $400 around here.
I got some pictures but it looks like it's easier to download them before I quote or saying anything so I'm going to try that..

IMG_20190407_160429.jpg

Yeah the guy said something about little red express but I didn't even mention that because I don't think so. These are kind of a high-back and everything I see is a low back. They are in relatively good condition though I will give them that...

-
Back