Son of seed truck..

-
IMG_20190407_160627_1.jpg

There are some weird red things in here that seemingly fit...

In Missouri, you keep the frame. The law even says (and I'm paraphrasing), if it looks like a '79 Ford on a '72 Chevy frame, it's a '72 Chevy.
Check your local dmv

That seat is an aftermarket piece made by Qualitrex. Lots of truck owners installed them back in the day. Here is an example that looks like it is the same as yours.

7FB3C988-496F-447A-B61F-99F6B0F3F88E.jpeg

Yep that's the exact same one color and all. It's weird it's spelled different on their little plaque?
Back in those days it was “Qualitrx”. They added the “e” later. They still make custom seats today.

The dash looks custom or transplanted from something else.

Add a little wrestling match with one of the lug nuts. I swear they were all put on with a freaking jackhammer!!...
IMG_20190410_145528.jpg

I don't think it's reusable.
yeah that was like a 2-hour wrestling match I was cursing the previous owner the whole damn time. Who puts a lug nut on that freaking hard? I mean I busted two reducers practice socket and almost bent my neighbor's for Star lug wrench into crap. I had the torch out, everything...
I finally took my little buzz wheel and sat there and sliced on it until I could get a chisel in a Groove and started chiseling It Off. even then it gave me a wrestling match. I mean right to the end it was a mother effer...

yeah that was like a 2-hour wrestling match I was cursing the previous owner the whole damn time. Who puts a lug nut on that freaking hard? I mean I busted two reducers practice socket and almost bent my neighbor's for Star lug wrench into crap. I had the torch out, everything...
I finally took my little buzz wheel and sat there and sliced on it until I could get a chisel in a Groove and started chiseling It Off. even then it gave me a wrestling match. I mean right to the end it was a mother effer...
Been there before. When I was putting my wheel bearing in a while back I couldn't get one of the hub bolts loose I broke two sockets and a wrench before I finally got it off I had to go to Lowe's and buy a craftsman 12 point socket to get it loose with a 36" breaker bar. I was the one that put it on their I was cussing myself out pretty good!
You can see the puddle of blood where I smashed the **** out of my finger when the wrench broke!!

20190222_144604.jpg

20190222_144604.jpg

20190222_145839.jpg

20190222_144742.jpg

Been there before. When I was putting my wheel bearing in a while back I couldn't get one of the hub bolts loose I broke two sockets and a wrench before I finally got it off I had to go to Lowe's and buy a craftsman 12 point socket to get it loose with a 36" breaker bar. I was the one that put it on their I was cussing myself out pretty good!
You can see the puddle of blood where I smashed the **** out of my finger when the wrench broke!!

View attachment 1715317849

View attachment 1715317850

View attachment 1715317851

View attachment 1715317852
It was on brand new rotors I mean there was 0 miles on them...

It was on brand new rotors I mean there was 0 miles on them...
Wow. That is insane. What would make anyone put them on that tight? Maybe they have lost a wheel sometime and it made them really paranoid!!

Wow. That is insane. What would make anyone put them on that tight? Maybe they have lost a wheel sometime and it made them really paranoid!!
If you would have seen the guy you would have came to the same conclusion that the guy is stupid and probably owned and air gun...

probably left handed thread .
I think jpar is smart enough to figure that one out.
But I was at a shop one time getting an inspection and there was a dart getting worked on and the guy couldn't get the lug nuts off and I told him hey bud them are left hand threads. He just scoffed I know what I'm doing. I was like ok. He broke off three studs before I went I told his boss look this guy out here is effing up someone's car!!! They are left hand threads and he is tightening them!

Son of seed truck has just started paying me back. I put those brand new back tires and rims on Craigslist last night and someone called me this morning. I was mainly selling the tires as the rims in my opinion look like total crap. But alas he was after the rims. I said I got the front two also with some real cop tires and he bought those also. He said planning to resell the tires to recoup his money. That's fine by me as we both felt we were getting ahead of the game...

Also if the grill and front bumper is nice, they bring good money.
And the cowl and bird bath hood are sought after.
There is a page on Facebook for these trucks, post an add there, watch how fast the parts disappear.

Got a deposit on the 318 today. Pulled the radiator, unbolted motor mounts, trans mount, and pulled driveline and removed slip yoke to put back in trans so no fluid gushing out as I'll pull the two together...
:thumbsup:
Now with the deposit I'm even...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back