Son of seed truck..

-
IMG_20190421_112718.jpg

I keep all of the linkage, pulleys, and accessories...

So now your ahead on the bucks?
I've double my money and just sold the motor and the back tires and rims LOL.
But that's what I bought it for not for a ton of work LOL which it's been. I need to buy some more Sawzall blades that's for sure. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish stripping the truck and Tuesday cut it up on the trailer and finish by taking the wheels and tires off and the rear end.
I think I might be keeping the grill from my wall...
IMG_20190421_175045.jpg

Last edited:
I've double my money and just sold the motor and the back tires and rims LOL.
But that's what I bought it for not for a ton of work LOL which it's been. I need to buy some more Sawzall blades that's for sure. Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish stripping the car and Tuesday cut it up on the trailer and finish by taking the wheels and tires off and the rear end.
I think I might be keeping the grill from my wall...
View attachment 1715324385

I know your using voice recorder but your cutting up a car now? Is it your duster? I hope not.

Another very long day...
Didn't care for the passenger front fender so I left it on. The very last thing I took off was the 8 3/4 and was pleasantly surprised...
IMG_20190422_174622.jpg
IMG_20190422_180423.jpg

Off to the scrap yard this morning..
I'm back and forth over the Driveline? I can't think of any reason to keep it. Rusty 2 wheel drive automatic to 8 3/4? Of course I'm keeping the slip yoke.

Off to the scrap yard this morning..
I'm back and forth over the Driveline? I can't think of any reason to keep it. Rusty 2 wheel drive automatic to 8 3/4? Of course I'm keeping the slip yoke.

Why would an aluminum tranny be Rusty?
Driveshafts are handy at times around the farm for the pipe.

Why would an aluminum tranny be Rusty?
Driveshafts are handy at times around the farm for the pipe.
I was just talking about the kind of driveline it was from an automatic transmission to an 8 and 3/4. It just seemed so specific... that reminds me I'm about to leave I got to go grab that thing out of the garage and toss it in the back of the truck...

I would keep the rear end, but that's just me
there's a few things that I'm keeping probably the grill for a nice wall ornament and definitely giving a few things to my son for his Power Wagon. I'll probably put a good premium price on the rear end. I think it's only an inch wider on each side than a body so it would be possibly a good swap..

there's a few things that I'm keeping probably the grill for a nice wall ornament and definitely giving a few things to my son for his Power Wagon. I'll probably put a good premium price on the rear end. I think it's only an inch wider on each side than a body so it would be possibly a good swap..
inch wider than a A body per side?

I'm glad you are making your money back I really am!!
But it breaks my heart to see these 70s trucks parted out they are so hard to find good ones around here.

I'm glad you are making your money back I really am!!
But it breaks my heart to see these 70s trucks parted out they are so hard to find good ones around here.
Remember the Original Seed truck was passed on at a great price and it was likely headed to the scrap yard had I not rescued it. I not only made a decent profit but the person that I sold it to at a great price was just over today for the windshield out of son of seat track. This truck came from the Oregon coast and was very rusty in large spots. This was literally the only way of preserving the truck... The motor went to a 1971 that's trying to get back onto the road and the rims I believe went to an older truck as well...

Well I may have to reconsider what gears are in this 8 and 3/4. originally I thought I got one and three quarter turns on the Driveline to 1 turn on one wheel. Now that I have it on the floor and can chalk everything it looks like I'm getting one and a half turns Plus about 3/16's of a turn. 3.23's? On a truck??

Sounds like an oily mess. I wanted it to go not to become a bigger mess LOL what else could it be?
Lock a axle (pipe through the wheel studs) and turn the other axle one revolution and count the turns on the yoke

Lock a axle (pipe through the wheel studs) and turn the other axle one revolution and count the turns on the yoke
My bad I thought that's what I explained they did LOL it's out on my garage floor I chalked both sides lifted one side off the ground sponge did you join one and a half times and the line still hadn't quite matched up yet. if I would have spent it another half time it would have passed.

-
Back