Sonnax manual valve for A500 transmission.

-

Headintheclouds

Reaction score
I have just bought Sonnax Manual Valve 22771-09 and pressure regulator valve 22771A-02K so that my A500 will fill in park. Anyone know what is involved in fitting these? Can it readily be done with the transmission in the car or do I need to wait for when I get it overhauled?

The stock spool valve on a 904/727 will allow convertor drainback in P, not sure of the 500 series but most likely. The NO-YO-YO kit from Gil Younger (TransGo?) is just a new spool valve that has 1 land modified so in P the convertor wont drain back. If its just a valve body, it can be done on your back in the car. Pull the pan the night before and crack the valve body screws so it can drain in the pan, not on you.

I brazed a drain plug in the pan to reduce the trans oil shower but draining the day before is a good tip.
A bit more research shows the park rod can be tricky to disengage and re-fit. Any suggestions? Also risk of flying ball and spring from the manual select lever. Is there a good way to keep them in place?

-
Back