Sooooo frustrated!!

-

chachi

Reaction score
I'm new to mopars and somewhat new to this site. I read posts on this site EVERY night to learn more about my car and to see what others have done with similiar issues. This site is SO GREAT to learn things and to read on how to fix things.

What frustrates the hell out of me are all the car shops in my area!!!!!! Guys are so friggin rude and some refuse to work on my car "because of how old it is". are you kidding me?? I have $$ to spend at your shop and i get judged on the car i have?????

I pay a monthly charge to store my 68 Dart in a covered parking spot because i have no where to keep in at my place. Thats challenging because the people i rent the space from don't allow me to do much work there. I pay monthly to park a car i can't work on AND i can't find a garage in my area to help me out - I'm sorry i don't have a Range Rover, BMW, or some friggin Honda to bring to your shop!!

I obviously have a project car but one day it won't be! I just need to vent by i also want to say thanks to all members for keeping me motivated by posting interesting topics for me to learn. If only i can find space to do everything i've learned....................

There are people that will, just post up where you are from, I am sure some members will help out.
No joke. I am in San Antonio, currently not working, and have absolutely nothing to do except the projects I assign myself every morning.

If you were local, maybe you could help me find something useful to do this week and you could get something done on your car. Lol.

Met a guy on a truck forum once and found out we were a mile apart. We have been good friends for around 8 years now. You never know.

Sounds familiar, I've had 4 different body shop guys I know tell me they wouldn't be interested in mini-tubbing my car cause it's to old. I'm sure if it was a Camaro or Mustang the story would be different.

Where do you live ?

As mentioned,local members will help in a heart beat.

My suggestion would be to tune/clean the car up best as possible,and drive it. Then when your situation improves go all out.

That whole not being to work on your car where you pay money to store it sucks ***. What are your plans for it bb/sb? There not much of anything on these cars that's rocket science. Do you have your own tools? Theres enough knowledgeable ppl on this site to walk you through about any project on your car you'd want to do.
Good luck,
Jr.

Can't really blame a business owner for not wanting to work on old cars that are probably not street worthy. I know every one of the cars owned by forum members are jewels in our eyes....the rest of the world - not so much. Most of us work on our own cars, but think how much time we spend trying to source parts that might not even be available...and when we do get a part we might settle for a used part. A mechanic trying to put food on his table is not going to want to stake his reputation on used parts...and I think most people would have a problem paying a mechanic 4 hours to hunt down a wheel cylinder. Then I think most of us can remember a time where we worked on one part of the car, only to cause some other issue on a part that was just waiting to fail. Most customers would try to make a standard mechanic eat the repairs on the second failed part because it is not what the car was brought in for. You can take your car to a shop that is in the business of repairing classic's, but those shops will charge accordingly. There are really only 2 options for these cars...D.I.Y. or make a lot of money and find a reputable (read that as expensive) shop. Have the shop put your car on the road all at one time and always take it back to that shop. Theses cars all have unique personalities...that's part of the fun...or curse.

thats a good statement most of us that do auto repair for a liveing can,t spend the time or make any money on older cars. other than alignment ,parts are hard to fine. als

No joke. I am in San Antonio, currently not working, and have absolutely nothing to do except the projects I assign myself every morning.

If you were local, maybe you could help me find something useful to do this week and you could get something done on your car. Lol.

Met a guy on a truck forum once and found out we were a mile apart. We have been good friends for around 8 years now. You never know.

im local and the 69 needs everything lol

Where's the Fonz when you need a good mechanic??? He is your uncle after all!!! Seriously though Chachi, try this. Go to a couple cruise-ins and car shows around your area. Ask around to some of the Mopar guys as to where they take their car to get things done. I'll bet there are a couple of guys who don't have big shops (and overhead) to worry about that would do work on your car. Go by references from people who can show you some of the work they've had done at the shops they recommend.

In my town there is a fellow who works out of his 3 bay garage. He was injured as a teenager and has a hard time getting around on his bad leg, which has probably kept him out of a lot of the bigger shops around me. However, he does a very nice business and will work on anything I take him. He is old school and always has a trick or two up his sleeve to get things done. He is quick, always gives me an appointment and gets the work done in a timely fashion. He's very reasonable on his prices because he doesn't have any overhead. I'm sure there are at least a couple of good quality mechanics in your area like my buddy Chris, you just gotta ask some people in the same vein as you're in. Ask a Mopar enthusiast and you'll usually get the dish on some quality people. I know if you approached me at a cruise-in I'd steer you right!!!

Good luck with your project, I hope you can get some action on it!! Geof

last time i did that i got yelled at. like the trucks we work on they the famliy wants to price a 1 ton same as a 1/2 and charge less cause what they do tire work they are the same just 4 more wheel nuts. there thing just work faster. als

im local and the 69 needs everything lol
I don't think I've ever seen your 69.
What are we 2-3 hours apart? Do you know you are one of the very few FABO members me and Tammy have met? What was it 2-3 years ago in Houston? Damon and Dave were there too as I recall.

Shoot me a pm.

-
Back