Sorry not an A-body...My Charger Project

-
Wow man, that thing is looking great!

Nobody gonna flame a killer Charger project here, are you kidding?

We don't even flame Corvette guys that come to hang out.....you be in tight Bro.

Have you posted that in FBBO.com?

oh yeah and another thing, since I last updated this I got me another Mopar...... '73 Rallye Charger. Its a factory 340 4/speed green/green car. Now its 360 4/speed, new white interior, and an old greenish/blue paintjob (needs repainting). I was actually looking for a Duster, but found this and gotta helluva deal on it.

Jason

DSC_1253.jpg

103_3556.jpg

oh yeah and another thing, since I last updated this I got me another Mopar...... '73 Rallye Charger. Its a factory 340 4/speed green/green car. Now its 360 4/speed, new white interior, and an old greenish/blue paintjob (needs repainting). I was actually looking for a Duster, but found this and gotta helluva deal on it.

Jason

DSC_1253.jpg

103_3556.jpg
Was this car firemist green originally by chance? or what color green was it?

Looking good. You have made way more progress than I have on my car. Way to go. Keep up the good work.

It was F3, Light green metallic.

Jason

Now let me ask you another question. Did this car live in Georgia at one point to your knowledge and is the front end original? I am sorry I am asking so many questions. This car might have been a member's on here and he woulda been the second owner if this was his car. He has just been wondering where it went to.

Congrats, to you on both cars. My first car was a '73 Charger and second was a '70 Charger wish I still had both of them. Your cars look great keep up great work!

your car looks awesome man i love the green with black roof color combo.

Wow man, that thing is looking great!

Nobody gonna flame a killer Charger project here, are you kidding?

We don't even flame Corvette guys that come to hang out.....you be in tight Bro.

Have you posted that in FBBO.com?

Thanks. I do have a thread on FBBO, it does have some more pics and descriptions of what I did. http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=1569

your car looks awesome man i love the green with black roof color combo.

Thanks. The black you see in the pic is epoxy primer, I skipped painting the roof at the last minute, because I was afraid I would run out of paint (which I would have). I just left it in epoxy because it is getting a black vinyl roof anyways.

Now let me ask you another question. Did this car live in Georgia at one point to your knowledge and is the front end original? I am sorry I am asking so many questions. This car might have been a member's on here and he woulda been the second owner if this was his car. He has just been wondering where it went to.

As far as I know, the guy I bought this car from lived in TN, but lived in MI before, and I have a TN title and on it, it says previous title in MI. He said he owned it for 12 years. Also I find no evidence the front end has ever been changed or any evidence of previous damage or anything.

Now saying that, I saw on Moparts last month a '73 Project for sale. It caught my eye because it was a factory F3, 340, 4-speed, basically the twin to my car factory. Also that '73 on Moparts was missing the entire front end...hood ,fenders, bumper and grille. According to numbers I looked up (IIRC), there were only 292 340/4-speeds built in '73, so its a pretty rare car. Heres a link, scroll down a little past the middle of the page... http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6329681&an=0&page=0#Post6329681

Might wanna check it out, never know could be it.

Jason

Thanks. I do have a thread on FBBO, it does have some more pics and descriptions of what I did. http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?t=1569

Thanks. The black you see in the pic is epoxy primer, I skipped painting the roof at the last minute, because I was afraid I would run out of paint (which I would have). I just left it in epoxy because it is getting a black vinyl roof anyways.

As far as I know, the guy I bought this car from lived in TN, but lived in MI before, and I have a TN title and on it, it says previous title in MI. He said he owned it for 12 years. Also I find no evidence the front end has ever been changed or any evidence of previous damage or anything.

Now saying that, I saw on Moparts last month a '73 Project for sale. It caught my eye because it was a factory F3, 340, 4-speed, basically the twin to my car factory. Also that '73 on Moparts was missing the entire front end...hood ,fenders, bumper and grille. According to numbers I looked up (IIRC), there were only 292 340/4-speeds built in '73, so its a pretty rare car. Heres a link, scroll down a little past the middle of the page... http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6329681&an=0&page=0#Post6329681

Might wanna check it out, never know could be it.

Jason
Thanks dude! 8) Doesn't appear to be quite the same. But very close. Thanks alot, sorry to bug you.

It looks fantastic!!

I have a pretty rough '70 500 SE Charger that I am projecting on. I love a-bodies but a '68-70 Charger has that special something about it :cheers:

I've pretty much got it wired...I hooked up my jump box to it to test everything, I got an issue with the front park/turn signals, I've narrowed it down to the front light harness, got to pull it back out, unwrap and find the problem. I re-placed the engine harness with a new one from YearOne, but all the others are the originals because they were in pretty good shape, probably the front light harness was the worst, so Im gonna unwrap it and find the problem....
100_0324.jpg

Taillights, backup lights working.......ITS COMING TO LIFE!!!!!!

100_0340.jpg

100_0339.jpg

Cluster in.....I bench tested my clock, and it worked. when I put it in and hooked it up the second hand ran real fast, go figure. When I tested the wipers they ran, but when you turned it off, they wouldn't park. So I pulled the cluster back out, wiper switch had a terminal broke off, so I dug around in my parts pile, found another, cleaned, tested, installed it, now wipers work correctly. Pulled out the faulty clock and installed a nice clock delete I had for the time being (don't have a pic of it yet) Plan on putting in another clock or tach later. Hey just noticed...A body part, got a green duster steering wheel I have, temporarily installed until I get me a steering wheel, LOL...

100_0321.jpg

Horns, Horn relay, washer jug, washer pump installed....

100_0341.jpg

Ok quick story, I was trying to find a place to mount my ECU since I converted to electronic ignition. Ive seen those cool bracket/mounts on eBay that mount on the rear of intake on the valley pan hold down strips....well those things on eBay for $20ish plus shipping, well me being cheap and wanting it now...a piece of scrap sheet metal, bench vise, body hammer, 1/4" drill, black spray paint, 30 minutes later....VOILA......

100_0343.jpg

Well just a quick update, I plan on installing gas tank, lines, distributor, plugs/ wires, ah a whole list of **** this week. My plan it to try to fire it off and hear it run..not driving yet just running by Feb. 6. I got a story why I picked that date, but more on that later.

Jason

It looks fantastic!!

I have a pretty rough '70 500 SE Charger that I am projecting on. I love a-bodies but a '68-70 Charger has that special something about it :cheers:

Thanks. Do you have a thread for the '70 500??? I would love to see pics of it!

Jason

Jason, the car is looking awesome! Great work! Do you plan on bringing it to Mopars at the Battleship in Mobile, AL on the last weekend of April? I'd love to see it. Keep up the great work!

Justin
"CornDog"

LONG OVERDUE UPDATE..........

Here's some updated pics. I'm pretty much finished for now, got a few odds-n-ends to do (wiper blades, dome lens, fix a trans leak), but should have it ready to hit the road when spring hits. Just hope its some inspiration to some of you guys starting or mid-way through a project. I did everything myself (my wife lent a hand when I needed it), took me a few years and was on a budget. It's not OEM correct or 100% perfect, but I'm pretty damn proud of my first ground up project.

Jason

102_1364.jpg

102_1348.jpg

102_1350.jpg

102_1351.jpg

104_1366.jpg

your charger looks awesome! I was looking for a 68 charger before I bought my demon! Jared

Thanks guys.
Another update to mention is, I sold the 73 Rallye to help fund finishing the 69. It sort of sucked the first couple of days, but now I'm glad I done it.

I have a little cash left over from selling the Rallye, and soon the hunt is on for an A-body project!

Jason

Great job Jaak we are doing a 73 charger now plenty of rust it certanly will never be perfect but it also is my first full build[never welded,fabricated,painted,bondoed,ect] before this [i hate doing body work but can't afford to pay some one] hopefully i can get a good result.

-
Back