-
Status
Not open for further replies.

thsalmon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Reaching out again for the rear front fender splash shields for the 67-69 barracudas. I'm in desperate need of the left hand shield. My thanks to those who have contacted me previously. I was able to find a reparable right side shield, but the left side is strangely elusive. I'm looking for the steel panels that fit behind the front wheels ahead of the cowl, not the plastic K frame shields.

Thanks!

I appreciate the links to the AMD website. The problem is that they have not yet actually produced the parts. When I contacted them directly, they told me that they may never produce them at all. Every AMD dealer I've contacted has basically told me the same thing.

Really? That's odd...I was going to buy these, they said they had them...Hummm
Now it seems I have to look into this.
Funny, I talked to AMD at SEMA a few years back. I told them they make 1/4 panels for 67-69 Barracuda yet no trunk for extensions (at that time). What was the point in making 1/4's and taking everything off then having to pound out on a rock some patch panels? Shortly after that they made the trunk extensions. These splash shields are a much needed part...it's a big place for rust in that area and why do a car if you can do it right. Looks like back to pounding sheet metal on rocks again lol
Emailing them about it ASAP...there on Facebook...send them a note as well, maybe the more mail they will produce. CRAP!

marksmopar1: I saw the AMD splash shields nearly six months ago. When I ordered them from Summit, AMD gave them a delivery date of 12/31/2015! Summit contacted them, and Summit told me that they had no idea of an actual delivery date at all. I called AMD several times myself, and they finally confessed that they may never stamp them out at all.

Layson's has someone produce them, but I'm not sure when I can actually get the shields as they are on backorder. I'm going to buy a pair from Layson's regardless, because they (especially Jen at their order desk) have been so helpful. My project is dead in the water until I can find these parts.

thsalmon
Yes, crazy...in the catalogue with a price yet? I hear ya on dead in the water.
I will still make my call to AMD, the call Laysons for the low down. New is always better than trying to spend the time on the old rusted repair. Some items we have no choice, but this item should be available as it is for nearly every other model.
Thanks thsalmon!

Some of the plastic ones from later models will work. I've got OEM metal from B'cuda here. More than 1 pair. I bought new rubber edging for them before I bought the plastic shields. I can hook you up with something to get your project going again.
PM me a email address so I can send you some pics.

I believe he's looking for one of these...................

Attachments

• SplashShe.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 136
Daves69
Are those the AMD or Layson's? I see part # stickers on them.
I know someone was making them..... I always thought it was AMD, now I hear they don't have and Layson's have?

AMD released prototype photos and part numbers in their catalog and to their dealers, but they may never be produced.

Hummm, still don't understand that, on this very much needed part! This is one of the rustiest areas! Along with Trunk floor extensions (drop offs) That they are finally making! (got those as soon as they had them)

Plastic one wont work...Later year Darts had plastic and are not the same.

I already placed the plastic ones beside the metal ones and uploaded pics a long time ago. There is no difference in the ones I have.
I admit I don't know what these plastic ones came on or from.
I want to say early Duster/Demon.
I am aware of a difference in width and bolt hole locations in plastic shields from late model Darts.
If I thought there was any chance these plastic shields wouldn't work, I wouldn't let go of the metal ones.
Evidently the original poster doesn't want them anyway.
Good luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back