Sounds like new drag racing, donut circuses fines going up.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would like stiffer fines on guys with fast cars but now is a good time for it. Shutting down bridges in Philadelphia and pittsburgh so the A-holes can do donuts is getting out of hand. Of course the local news call it “street racing” which this isn’t street racing. It’s a bunch of out of control idiots. Hopefully cars are taken away from them too.

Proposed bill cracks down on illegal street racing in Philadelphia

Last edited:
Georgia has had this for many years:

Code Section 40-6-251

1. No driver of any motor vehicle shall operate the vehicle upon the public streets, highways, public or private driveways, airport runways, or parking lots in such a manner as to create a danger to persons or property by intentionally and unnecessarily causing the vehicle to move in a zigzag or circular course or to gyrate or spin around, except to avoid a collision or injury or damage.
  2. The offenses described in this Code section shall be sufficiently identified on any traffic ticket, warrant, accusation, or indictment when referred to as "laying drags."
  3. This Code section shall not apply to drivers operating vehicles in or on any raceway, drag strip, or similar place customarily and lawfully used for such purposes.
  4. Any person violating subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Good. Stupidest **** ever. Hard to fathom how destroying your own car makes you cool but apparently it does. The worst are the subhumans who willingly get hit and go flying when the *** end whips around. Assholes.

I agree it is absolutely frustrating when these intersection takeover things get labeled as drag racing or street racing, that's just total ignorance. In general, street racers at least have the sense to keep things on the down low and do their thing in the middle of the night and/or on deserted roads when no one else is around. These intersection takeovers are just morons showing off for social media likes. Look, we're such rebels, we stopped traffic for 10 minutes!

Code Section 40-6-251

1. No driver of any motor vehicle shall operate the vehicle upon the public streets, highways, public or private driveways, airport runways, or parking lots in such a manner as to create a danger to persons or property by intentionally and unnecessarily causing the vehicle to move in a zigzag or circular course or to gyrate or spin around, except to avoid a collision or injury or damage.
  2. The offenses described in this Code section shall be sufficiently identified on any traffic ticket, warrant, accusation, or indictment when referred to as "laying drags."
  3. This Code section shall not apply to drivers operating vehicles in or on any raceway, drag strip, or similar place customarily and lawfully used for such purposes.
  4. Any person violating subsection (a) of this Code section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Sounds good but what fines are imposed. Potatoes without gravy are just potatoes.

Sounds good but what fines are imposed. Potatoes without gravy are just potatoes.
Three points on your license, max sentence of 12 months in jail and $1,000 fine. The first is automatic, I doubt significant jail time would be imposed, probably a fine, but no where near the max. Of course, an aggravated case and and extensive prior traffic record could and probably would make a big difference. But I've been gone from Georgia 30 yrs, so don't know what punishment is typical these days. (I had to check to see if laying drag was still on the books.)

I actually got charged with that once, for chirping my tires going into second gear, but I got the charge dismissed, because that is not "laying drag." Helps to read the statute sometimes.

Three points on your license, max sentence of 12 months in jail and $1,000 fine. The first is automatic, I doubt significant jail time would be imposed, probably a fine, but no where near the max. Of course, an aggravated case and and extensive prior traffic record could and probably would make a big difference. But I've been gone from Georgia 30 yrs, so don't know what punishment is typical these days. (I had to check to see if laying drag was still on the books.)

I actually got charged with that once, for chirping my tires going into second gear, but I got the charge dismissed, because that is not "laying drag." Helps to read the statute sometimes.

If I’m not mistaken laying rubber is wreckless driving in Pa. As it should be. Unless you are a mustang guy and taking out five spectators that’s appropriate. I like the talked about 2000.00 fine for shutting down these bridges and cars taken away for 2nd offenses.

Code Section 40-6-251

How do you gyrate a car? lol

gyrate​

jī′rāt″​

intransitive verb​

1. To revolve around a fixed point or axis.
  2. To move in a spiral or spirallike course. synonym: turn.
  3. To oscillate or vary, especially in a repetitious pattern.

gyrate​

jī′rāt″​

intransitive verb​

1. To revolve around a fixed point or axis.
  2. To move in a spiral or spirallike course. synonym: turn.
  3. To oscillate or vary, especially in a repetitious pattern.
I guess I already know how to gyrate a car…. lol

Back in the day we went out on a lonesome stretch of Route 606 at midnight to drag race. Only a few spectators, low key so the cops wouldn't come around. Not that the Sheriff's Dept. didn't have an idea of what was going on, as long as there were no issues they left well enough alone.

Back around 1976 I had studded winter tires on my 1972 Cutlass Supreme. We had a nice four way stop sign outside a local country bar. I pulled up and did like six donuts and had sparks flying like crazy from those wheel studs. My friends still laugh about it today.

One foggy morning in the early 80s, my wife was driving her 82 Charger 2.2 on a country road outside of Monroe, Georgia, when all of a sudden she saw a stop sign right in front of her. She slammed on the brakes, locked the rears up, spun a full 360 degrees across the intersection and came to a stop at the stop sign across the road from the one she was supposed to stop at, facing back where she had come from. So she "gyrated" and "spun around," but not intentionally, plus she didn't hit anyone and no one saw her. :steering:

It's big down here in S. Florida. Street Takeovers they call them. All the burned up Hellcats, ScatPak Chargers, etc. are creating a nice supply of gen3 hemis and hemi parts in the local market also...probably driving the theft of same cars as well :)

My dad and uncle street raced back in the day up and down the East Coast when street racers wore face mask hoods to conceal their identity. 11 sec cars were considered fast at that time.

It wouldn't hurt if Krasner, Philliy's Soros appointed DA, would allow the cops to do something. They can't even pull over a car with lights out, or no license plate. Nor do they want to. They get released and continue on. Why should a cop go out on the line, when the system doesn't cooperate?

The worst are the subhumans who willingly get hit and go flying when the *** end whips around. Assholes.

I hope those people don’t give it up….those videos are Youtube GOLD!! I laugh my *** off every time I see some dipshit rag-dolling through the air after getting ***** slapped by a quarter panel. Hahaha!

And honestly taking away their licenses? Like they have one to begin with. They steal the cars and blow them up and walk away. Stupid kids use their own cars.

some cities in CA are impounding and crushing cars, and they passed a new law that allows for ticketing spectators-- there was one on the books, the new one is a little more nuanced and in addition to fines it also touches up your license (either revoked/suspended or limited) but that means you also get jammed up with insurance.

they tried to pass AB74 (it failed) which was aiming to impose much heavier penalties.

definitely some wild times.

-
Back