Source for replacement fastback cuda rear window?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

b5cuda

Reaction score
Hello all, in the process of tinting the glass on my '69 we discovered numerous little imperfections from grinding or welding, they embedded into the glass and show up as light spots when tint is applied. So I'm wondering about replacing the rear window glass. Does anyone still make that piece, or would I need to locate a good used rear one

Hello all, in the process of tinting the glass on my '69 we discovered numerous little imperfections from grinding or welding, they embedded into the glass and show up as light spots when tint is applied. So I'm wondering about replacing the rear window glass. Does anyone still make that piece, or would I need to locate a good used rear one

Classic Auto Glass - Windshield Glass, Back Glass, Door Glass, Vent Window Glass and Quarter Window Glass - Plymouth Barracuda, 1964, 1965,1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 - Catalog Product List Page

That's helpful to have some options - thanks! I will probably look locally first (N.E. Kansas) just because shipping would be a hassle. I'm guessing polishing the glass is not an option? Evidently the small spots are from grinding or welding in the car when the glass was not protected.

That's helpful to have some options - thanks! I will probably look locally first (N.E. Kansas) just because shipping would be a hassle. I'm guessing polishing the glass is not an option? Evidently the small spots are from grinding or welding in the car when the glass was not protected.
Come on down to S. Texas........we got Corona coming out of our asses!!!!!!!!!!:rofl::mad:
Polishing won't get out the pitting or deep scratches.

Doesn't really help you right now, but this is CI, less than $550 shipped (insured) but they are back ordered: Shopping Cart | Classic Industries

I think some mentioned Layson's, YO might and the above link was first one I clicked on. I found a site before (thought I bookmarked it) that sold a complete kit for $1,000 (don't forget shipping though), They also offered clear, green tint and color I don't remember. I want to say it was gray, but could have bronze, etc. I'm sure shipping was probably up there, but if you wanted all new matching glass, was a way to go.

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind. I do get down to TX once in a while.

Thanks IMFURYS, great to have some options if I can't find a decent OEM glass.

Where do you live ?

You need to start a wanted thread. That's how we do things around here. Thanks

Manhattan Kansas - two hours west of KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back