source for wire link between halves of the seat track system

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I know I've seen these for sale. I am looking for the stiff wire thingamajig (that's a technical term) that link the right and left sides of the seat tracks, so that when you pull the lever on the outside of the seat, the track on the inside also releases. Part of the problem is not knowing what they are called (thingamajig doesn't seem to work).

Before you say so, I know that I can make them, but the factory ones are so simple and effective...

This is for a 1970 Dart and the ones for a 1970 Challenger are the same.

TT5.9 - Thank you! you are a Gentleman and a Scholar... well at least a scholar :lol:

To be honest I had no idea what they were called and it intrigued me because I recently worked on a set of seats and had to hook them up, so I started “googling” till I found em. But you can call me a scholar anytime, just not a gentleman.
:lol:

You may already know this; on the pass seat there is about a 5" guide strip that the release wire cable rides in.

On the driver seat the cable just rides in the eye hook.

1970 Seat Adjuster A.jpg

You may already know this; on the pass seat there is about a 5" guide strip that the release wire cable rides in.

On the driver seat the cable just rides in the eye hook.

WOW! Thanks! That was not the case when I took the old seats apart but they were very well used and "repairs" had been made. What year are your seats?

Could you take a close up of that strap so I can make one that matched?

I wondered why the two cables were of such different lengths, but haven't received them so hadn't tried to figure it out yet.

how thick is the metal on the strap?

Here you go. The seat in earlier the pic isn't mine however I have a '70 Dart and it's the same setup:

1970 Seat Adjuster B.jpg

1970 Seat Adjuster C.jpg

1970 Seat Adjuster D.JPG

Last edited:
This guy usually has them for about $15 if you need: Murray Park; mbpark at cbodies dot com

-
Back