Southern California Mopar Machine Shops

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a machine shop in Southern California that specializes in Mopar?

Seems to be a dying art anymore.

Need to get heads done and still considering what to do to the block (if anything).......

Jeff

LMFAO...a good engine builder can build ANYTHING always get a laugh out of guys who think there are builders who can only build Mopars:D:D:D

There are quirks with every engine brand model. If you want to go to a guy that knows mopar products, go. I can send you to a guy that will mess up a mopar and he's been machine primarily SB chevy/ford products forever. Brian doesn't do just mopar stuff, he's does a bunch of different, but, he's a mopar guy along with his father.

There are quirks with every engine brand model. If you want to go to a guy that knows mopar products, go. I can send you to a guy that will mess up a mopar and he's been machine primarily SB chevy/ford products forever. Brian doesn't do just mopar stuff, he's does a bunch of different, but, he's a mopar guy along with his father.

Yes.....I was checking out his website. ....he does all of the big 3.

Brian at IMM is a good guy to work with. You're also close to Bob Mazzolini Racing in Riverside. If you're into Mopars then Mazzolini Racing is always a good resource to know about.

I used IMM Engines and my engine did great on the dyno. I have yet to start it up in the car though. Maybe today.

Since you're in Chino there are a couple of other alternatives that are near you. Someone already Mazzolini Racing but there's also JMS Racing Engines in El Monte (actually seems more like Irwindale when you go there) and there's also L&R Engines in Santa Fe Springs.

I got my flywheel resurfaced at L&R and I was impressed how large their shop was. JMS has been in Mopar articles in the magazines. I felt more comfortable with IMM so that's where I went.

I used IMM Engines and my engine did great on the dyno. I have yet to start it up in the car though. Maybe today.

Since you're in Chino there are a couple of other alternatives that are near you. Someone already Mazzolini Racing but there's also JMS Racing Engines in El Monte (actually seems more like Irwindale when you go there) and there's also L&R Engines in Santa Fe Springs.

I got my flywheel resurfaced at L&R and I was impressed how large their shop was. JMS has been in Mopar articles in the magazines. I felt more comfortable with IMM so that's where I went.

More good leads...thank you!

Jeff

Hmmmmmmn. I've never heard of them. I've only heard great things from IMM and have messaged Brian once or twice.

I had all of my machine work, and heads built by Dugan's Racing Engines in Riverside. Very good work.

Vellios in Lawndale. Built 100s of Mopar engines for sprint cars when Ascot was still open. Ask for Harry. My engine started 1st crank on the engine dyno.

Brian at IMM is a good guy to work with. You're also close to Bob Mazzolini Racing in Riverside. If you're into Mopars then Mazzolini Racing is always a good resource to know about.

I don't believe Mazzolini does his own machine work. Just maybe assembly.

Mazzolini has his stuff machined at Dougan machine shop, on limonite, great people have done all our work as well, they even do engine dyno, they have machine my 440, a number of my dad's engines he's done, and they will be doing the machine work for my turbo build as well once I get the block.

I had IMM do the short block and assembly of my W8 mill. I think you'd find it worth the drive to have them take care of your needs. Luckily if I set my cruise on "felony" I can get to his shop in 2.5 hours :)

I had IMM do the short block and assembly of my W8 mill. I think you'd find it worth the drive to have them take care of your needs. Luckily if I set my cruise on "felony" I can get to his shop in 2.5 hours :)

Lol....with my cruise set to grandpa, I can still get there in a little over an hour!

Lol....with my cruise set to grandpa, I can still get there in a little over an hour!

Yeah and you could have lunch with the greatest guy ever that lives in the area. LOL

Yeah and you could have lunch with the greatest guy ever that lives in the area. LOL

I'll let you know if I get out that way!!!
Can't wait to be driving my Cuda again. ....with some extra hp and a nice throaty rumble!!!!!

Only had it 4 months and I already yanked the engine!

Jeff

-
Back