Southside Machine lift bars

-

davezinn

Reaction score
i know there are alot of traction bar haters in the Mopar community, but i have just bought my second pair of Southside Machine lift bars for my '71 Dart. my first pair was on my '74 Dart. i think that they work very well and on my '74 they pretty much stopped any wheel spin. since they clamp down to the front of the spring maybe they work better than the average slapper bar? i also removed the rear spring clamps and on launch the rear section of the spring pack would separate, while the front section seemed locked together. it would plant the ET Drags i was using really hard and the street tires would hit hard , but spin. i will say too that with the street tires it would spin and get sideways, but in a very predictable manner and not spin even close to what it did without the Southside bars. this was with worn stock springs, so i dont know how they work with new spriings. i like my cars low, so i avoided the S/S springs. a representative from Mopar Performance told me that the S/S springs would raise the rear of my car, but he did insist that hey were the best way to go, along with a pinion snubber.

i finished installing these bars the other day and last night was the first time out with them. same results as with my '74, they work great! you can feel the rear end lift and push the tires into the ground on launch. with my current BFGoodrich Radial T/A's it still spins, not as much, and goes just a little sideways. before it would get pretty sideways and just blow the tires off. i know alot of Mopar guys hate traction bars, but these are awesome.

I have these on my Dart. They work great! At the track with slicks the car lifts straight up. You are right it plants the tires to the ground. The car goes straight on launch. These are not like the slapper bars. There suppose to use axle torque. I don't care what anybody says. These work! I bought these in the 90's and they are still on the car. I'm very happy with them. The pinion snubber I had on before just beat up my floor. That was with the 3/4 to one inch clearance.

Fred B

-
Back